CDIH
Just a theory... - No conspiracy involved - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Just a theory... - No conspiracy involved (/showthread.php?tid=1671)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

- Kid Afrika - 05-08-2002

I was just thinking (I know, it's dangerous), and thought about what made things different 2 years ago when I started posting on message boards. The one factor that I can come up with that is different now, compared to then, is that I didn't know anyone IRL. Not only that, but I never spoke to them in IMs. The only communication was basically done on the boards.

Today, I know that many of us talk to each other regularly in IMs... some on the phone, and even some at each others' houses.

The basis of my theory: Would the board be more or less interesting if nobody spoke to one another off of the board.

The test: Don't talk to each other for a few days, and see how the face of the board changes.

The reward: We get more fun out of the board.

The downside: Maybe you don't get to chat in IMs for a few days, if you choose to participate.

- Arpikarhu - 05-08-2002

i think that i am going to pass on this experiment. nothing personal kid. i just wouldnt want to be cut off from my friends on IM and i like the board just fine as it is.

- The Sleeper - 05-08-2002

I love you arpi :loveya:

- Arpikarhu - 05-08-2002

:loveya: :loveya: :loveya:

- Maynard - 05-08-2002

So here you go again, trying to make the board the way you want it. Why can't you just go with the flow kid? Everything always has to be the way you want it.

I for one will not be participating in this little "test" of your's. I just can't imagine not speaking to all of the friends that I so dearly love from the board.

i love you maynard :loveya:

- Skitchr4u - 05-08-2002

that may be part of it, but it is also that we have been around each other on a pretty much daily basis whether just on teh board or in IM also...that is part of why we get along the way we do, like a family...good times, bad times, but we are always here no matter what

- Silera - 05-08-2002

I can't stop speaking to my friends from the board either. I'd have nothing to do then.

- Maynard - 05-08-2002

Sleeper, while I'm flattered at the thought, theres just a part of me that doesn't believe that your heart is in your statements. Please step back and internalize what you're saying. Then get back to us. I just want you to be sure that you're doing this for the right reasons my brother.

Good luck, and godspeed to you friend. :thumbs-up:

- Arpikarhu - 05-08-2002

Quote:that may be part of it, but it is also that we have been around each other on a pretty much daily basis whether just on teh board or in IM also...that is part of why we get along the way we do, like a family...good times, bad times, but we are always here no matter what
i am so in touch with what you are saying. i completely agree

- Sluggo - 05-08-2002

What is so goddamn wrong with K1d trying to make the board what he want's it to be???
Isn't that what you and your fucking sickenning Love fest are trying to accomplish.
You make me fucking sick, and you will NOT be hearing from me on aim or any other means from here on out.

- Maynard - 05-08-2002

Quote:i am so in touch with what you are saying. i completely agree
So now you know why I've always had a special place in my heart for Skitch. :loveya:

Quote:Sleeper, while I'm flattered at the thought, theres just a part of me that doesn't believe that your heart is in your statements. Please step back and internalize what you're saying. Then get back to us. I just want you to be sure that you're doing this for the right reasons my brother.

XOXOXOXOXO <3 Maynard

- Maynard - 05-08-2002

Quote:You make me fucking sick, and you will NOT be hearing from me on aim or any other means from here on out.
It pains me to hear you say that. :-(

- Arpikarhu - 05-08-2002

its not a "lovefest" sluggo. its just a couple of people who are tired of all the anger and negativity and are trying to be nicer to each other. i cant for the life of me see how that can be wrong

- Maynard - 05-08-2002

Give it time Arpi. He'll eventually see the err of his ways.

Maynard, how bout a big ol hug to take that pain away from you lololololololololololol :-D

- Skitchr4u - 05-08-2002

Quote:So now you know why I've always had a special place in my heart for Skitch.
dude, you said you wouldn't tell!!1 i hate you :burnfucker:

- Spitfire - 05-08-2002

ICK! Ski, don't be persuaded to their side...fight it! :firebounce:

- OAS - 05-08-2002

I truly struggle with understanding what all this complaining is about concerning what the board is. It is what it is. Why do people have to try to dictate what it is.

Unlike most of you, other than here and oa.com, of which I no longer visit, I participate in no other boards. At best, they mildly amuse me. I do not IM, I do not chat. I find interacting with people other than on a personal level distasteful. I thoroughly have enjoyed meeting many of you in social settings.

Granted, I'm from a different generation and maybe that is why this whole virtual world doesn't appeal to me all that much. But one thing I just can't comprehend is why people try to dictate what the board should be.

If you don't like a topic, don't reply. If someone wants to reply with meaningless replies, let them. Ignore them if it bothers you. Let it be what it is.

I think most people come here because they enjoy it. Let us enjoy what we want, when we want and how we want. If you decide you don't enjoy things anymore, you will find a way to move on.

OK, grandpa's lecture is over. Now you kids go play and have some fun now.
:bouncer: