CDIH
That's odd - Strange but true - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: That's odd - Strange but true (/showthread.php?tid=1681)

Pages: 1 2 3

- DGW - 05-09-2002

Slacking at work today and came across some odd facts

A duck's quack doesn't echoAnyone got a duck?

Most lipsticks contain fish scalesThat's what that smell was?

No piece of square dry paper can be folded more then 7 times in half.Yeah, you're trying it right now

The sun is 330,330 times larger then the earthThat's big

A cockroach can live several weeks with it's head cut off - it will eventually die from starvation.Sounds like that diet would work better then Deal A Meal

Clinophobia is the fear of beds.Um, okay

Cat urine glows under black lightThe only time my pee glows is when I take vitamins

So, any others?

- Ken'sPen - 05-09-2002

cockroaches are fucking indestructable,
I read you can freeze them for a long time too, and they will thaw and start to scurry.

- Arthur Dent - 05-09-2002

The angler fish catches bugs by spitting water at them when they land on leaves.

- DGW - 05-09-2002

I've seen him on many nature shows.

The arrowana can leap up to 10 feet out of the water to catch insects.

- Sluggo - 05-09-2002

Would that be a South American Arrowanna, or maybe an Austrailian, or , Asian?

- Luna - 05-09-2002

Quote:A cockroach can live several weeks with it's head cut off - it will eventually die from starvation.Sounds like that diet would work better then Deal A Meal

I have also heard that cockroaches are the only species that can survive a nuclear war......how true that is I have no clue. :clueless:

- Arpikarhu - 05-09-2002

Quote:I have also heard that cockroaches are the only species that can survive a nuclear war
them and Keith Richards

- Luna - 05-09-2002

Quote:them and Keith Richards
:lol: :rofl: :lol:

- Sluggo - 05-09-2002

An Asian Arowanna, of the Golden type, is considered to be the most prized piscean possesion of the Japanese...
On the Black Market (they are protected) a 10" juvenile can sell for over 100,000 American.

- OAS - 05-09-2002

Woman can't resist me.

- Arthur Dent - 05-09-2002

[Image: ripleys21462680020506.gif]

- Maynard - 05-09-2002

Quote:Would that be a South American Arrowanna, or maybe an Austrailian, or , Asian?
I don't know.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.............

- IkeaBoy - 05-09-2002

9 men who signed up for conscription during WW2 had 3 testicles
Ted Bundy worked as a suicide prevention counselor for work study while in college

- Galt - 05-09-2002

Ever notice how the handicapped stall is always the furthest from the door?

It's like they're saying, "sure, we'll give you your own stall, but we're going to make you work for it"

- DGW - 05-09-2002

I just came from my batroom and I have to say the Galt is wrong. The handicapped stall was the closest to the door. Please edit your post.:lol:

- Galt - 05-09-2002

You are handicapped? Ha! I laugh at your shriveled up and useless legs.

- Hey Ladi - 05-09-2002

Quote:I laugh at your shriveled up and useless legs.
No, I think it's just the one like that ;-)

- Galt - 05-09-2002

now this is FUNNY: It's strange and true. But mostly, really really fucking hilarious!!!!!!!!

Police:15-year-olds fought over video game

By CHARLES RUNNELLS, [email protected]

A teen-ager broke at least five knives Monday night as he stabbed and killed his friend in a dispute about a video game, police said.

Mario Alberto Lopez of 239 N.E. 9th Place repeatedly stabbed Joseph Martins in the chest and the rest of his body, police said. Both boys were 15.

After each blade broke, Lopez went to the kitchen and got another kitchen knife from a cabinet, police said.

When police arrived, they reported finding Lopez standing above Martins’ body in the hallway of Martins’ house at 414 S.E. 18th Ave. Martins lay in a pool of blood, surrounded by broken knives.

Investigators later asked Lopez why he used so many knives.

“He just wouldn’t die,” Lopez responded.

Lopez was charged with first-degree murder and transported to the county juvenile detention center.

Lopez said the fight started when Martins got angry over a video game and punched Lopez in the mouth. The stabbing happened at about 8:30 p.m. Monday.

Marquis Pasley, 15, a friend of both boys, had been playing football video games with Lopez and Martins just 30 minutes before, Pasley said.

“Mario, he was cool and everything, but he was acting funny,” Pasley said. “He wasn’t talking much.

“I’m glad I left when I did.”

Pasley insisted the murder wasn’t over a Dreamcast video game. “He did it because he was depressed,” he said. “Mario was a nice kid. It was just that day that something in him clicked.”

Lopez’s father, also named Mario Lopez, wouldn’t comment in detail.

“All I can say is we’re really, really sorry,” he said in a low voice. “We don’t know what happened.

“This is a double tragedy, really.”

Pasley said Martins was a fun-loving boy who liked video games, playing football in his yard and doing impressions of characters like Beetlejuice. He said Lopez was generally fun and never violent.

Martins’ family couldn’t be reached for comment.

The District 21 Medical Examiner’s Office wouldn’t release the findings of Tuesday’s autopsy, referring all questions to the Cape Coral Police Department.

Police investigator Doug Christianson won’t answer questions about the case — including how many times Martins was stabbed — until the investigation ends.

Lopez and Martins were students at North Fort Myers High. They had recently been transferred to the Alternative Learning Center in Fort Myers, said school spokesman John Dattola. He said the reasons for the transfers are confidential.

Pasley, however, said both boys were recently expelled from the ALC, and that’s why Lopez was depressed.

Lopez had run away from home that weekend and spent the night Sunday at the Martins’ house, police reported. Pasley said Lopez had argued with his mother.

Lopez said he’d taken a knife from the kitchen and put it in his pocket because Martins sometimes “messed with him” and he wanted protection, police reported.

This is the second murder in Cape Coral this year. In 2001, the city had two murders the entire year.

- Hey Ladi - 05-09-2002

Quote:Investigators later asked Lopez why he used so many knives.

Holy fuck :rofl: :rofl: Psycho!

Quote:This is the second murder in Cape Coral this year. In 2001, the city had two murders the entire year.
Is that supposed to be some kind of selling point!??

- Black Lazerus - 05-09-2002

Investigators later asked Lopez why he used so many knives.

thats the line i am going to use when i Kill May May