CDIH
I call shenanigans!! - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: I call shenanigans!! (/showthread.php?tid=1691)

Pages: 1 2 3

- The Sleeper - 05-10-2002

When the hell did everyone start saying this? I never got the memo.

- Kid Afrika - 05-10-2002

You don't watch South Park, do you?

I stopped watching it regularly after the first or second season. So that's where it's from huh? Oh boy, another overused show reference.

- Hybrid - 05-10-2002

how could you not watch south park?

- Kid Afrika - 05-10-2002

Is it really an overused show reference, or just an addition to our cliche`s?

Every funny phrase had to start somewhere.

- Hybrid - 05-10-2002

it was on ONE episode

I'd be willing to bet that half the people who say it didn't know where it came from.

- Hybrid - 05-10-2002

probably

- Galt - 05-10-2002

I just like the word Shenanigans.

My sixth grade field day name for my class was Shuman's Shenanigan's (my 350 pound teacher's last name was Schuman)

- IkeaBoy - 05-10-2002

Calling Shenanigans came from South Park the episode with the running of the cows. The word shenanigan meaning a deceitful trick first appeared around 1855.

My research has come across this as for the actual origin of Shenanigans "The Spanish chanada (a short form of charranada `trick, deceit') is a likely origin. William and Mary Morris (see the bibliography) note that shenanigans could comes from Irish sionnachuighim `I play the fox.' But both the sources mention German dialectic schinageln `to work at hard labor' as a possible origin for shenanigans. Apparently, the implication is `using trickery to avoid hard labor.'"

Quote:My research has come across this as for the actual origin of Shenanigans
Shouldn't you be studying for finals or something?

- Maynard - 05-10-2002

Quote:Calling Shenanigans came from South Park the episode with the running of the cows. The word shenanigan meaning a deceitful trick first appeared around 1855.

My research has come across this as for the actual origin of Shenanigans "The Spanish chanada (a short form of charranada `trick, deceit') is a likely origin. William and Mary Morris (see the bibliography) note that shenanigans could comes from Irish sionnachuighim `I play the fox.' But both the sources mention German dialectic schinageln `to work at hard labor' as a possible origin for shenanigans. Apparently, the implication is `using trickery to avoid hard labor.'"
So SLASH has been moonlighting as Ikea eh?

- IkeaBoy - 05-10-2002

Quote:Shouldn't you be studying for finals or something?
Yes.

- Maynard - 05-10-2002

Quote:Shouldn't you be studying for finals or something?
Maybe one of his classes is 21st century comedic interpretation.

Quote:Yes.
Yea, me too

- Arpikarhu - 05-10-2002

Quote:Yea, me too
I call SHENANIGANS. we know you dont study cause you are illiterate

pretty much

- Maynard - 05-10-2002

Quote:I call SHENANIGANS. we know you dont study cause you are illiterate
I thought he didn't study because he posts on 10 message boards and watchs tv all the time.

I call SHENANIGANS! He was talking to me, not Ikea

- Maynard - 05-10-2002

I thought you didnt study because you sleep all the time.