CDIH
Mdinight showing of clones... - So, are you going? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Mdinight showing of clones... - So, are you going? (/showthread.php?tid=1707)

Pages: 1 2 3

- Tenbatsuzen - 05-10-2002

RTTA. How much of a star wars dork are you?

I'm going. BECAUSE I CAN.

- Maynard - 05-10-2002

So you signed on to post two entertainment threads, then left. Whats up with that??

- Tenbatsuzen - 05-10-2002

Who the fuck are you, the Attendance Nazi?

Hold on, are you like Screech in the Hall Monitor episode of "Saved by the Bell"?

Somone sent me a link for hubble pics, so I check them out, then I came back. Simmer down, chubby.

- Hybrid - 05-10-2002

there should be a showing tonight on my computer if im lucky :-D

- IkeaBoy - 05-10-2002

Nerd Patrol!!!!!!!!

Yes, I have had my ticket for 12:01 late Wednesday/early Thursday for nearly a week now. Waited on line for like 10 minutes and will probably be going to the theater around 10:30 pm.

- fbd - 05-10-2002

if my cousin gets the tickets like he did last time, then i am.if not, i'll probably go with a few freinds over the weekend

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-10-2002

There is a copy of it floating around the net right now but the picture quality looks terrible and I hear the sound is hollow. So I'm waiting for the higher quality release to come out this weekend. Then I will laugh and pretend to be 1337 while you anticipate to see Star Wars while I watch it on my tv. PWND.

- Keyser Soze - 05-10-2002

Unless you have a digital movie projector with a screening room with THX quality sound I don't think you'll be getting quite the same experience that people expect in a movie.

Some films have to be seen in a theater, this is one of them. Save the PC to TV output for "The New Guy"

- IkeaBoy - 05-10-2002

While it probably won't be digital my tv is small and puny with a lame sound system. I need to see this in a large format.

I wonder what theaters in the area are actually showing it in the digital format it was meant to be viewed on.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-10-2002

Quote:Save the PC to TV output for "The New Guy"

Nah its all about the svcds.

Besides do you really want to give George Lucas your money?

I could care less about the politics of the cost of movies (yes they are ridiculously overpriced) and making a statement or whatever. I'm more than willing to plunk down $9.50 to see this on the big screen.

- IkeaBoy - 05-10-2002

I don't want Lucas to get my money but it's star wars, I'm a dork, and I have no life.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-11-2002

I have a feeling this thread is getting a tad sidetracked.

So anyway. This better be better than that shitfest otherwise known as Phantom Menace.

- IkeaBoy - 05-11-2002

I agree that movies are overpriced. Theaters near me is a $10 flat rate no matter what time. I'd be more than happy to see matinee movies, if that were even possible.

I don't have as much hope or excitement for Episode 2 as I did for Spider-Man but I want it to be good but it's not like I'm expecting much. As for better than Episode 1, I'm sure Lucas would heed some critical advice- right, RIGHt?!?!?

Ebert gave it two stars.

Edited By IkeaBoy on May 10 2002 at 8:59

- HedCold - 05-11-2002

the movies in jersey gardens last i went was only 7.25. but you still got to take the turnpike or whatever to get there so that costs money too.

and i could care less if i see this movie let alone see it on the first night. like with fbjaskdfjhald, unless my cousin gets tickets and asks me if i want to go like he did for phantom menace, i won't see it for a while

- Hybrid - 05-11-2002

i liked the phantom menace...

- fbd - 05-11-2002

the phantom menace was actually a great film, but people just look at it from the wrong angle and say it sucked.sure, it was kiddy in ways, but the whole series is, with the exception of empire, which is meant to give kid nightmares.but people expected phantom menace to be a huge movie, when it was just an introduction.a new hope was made with the ability to be the only star wars movie made, but the sequels followed.with phantom menace, they had to introduce us to people like amadalla, anakin, obi wan, palpatine, sidious, and yoda, people who we didnt know much about in the first trilogy.it wasnt intended to be a good movie, it was made to be an intro to people

- IkeaBoy - 05-11-2002

A problem I had with TPM, which I DIDN'T think was as bad as many others, is really how few new characters we're introduced to and how none of them were really memorable. I liked Watto but other than him, Mace and Amadeus who else new were created that survived. I think they should have made at least another character to get us wanting more. Like there were no characters on the level of interest or excitement as say someone like anyone. The biggest hope was Darth Maul but he died.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 05-11-2002

i am so tempted to watch this movie right now, but i just cant for some reasonUndecided