CDIH
Attack of the clones - Spoilers!!!!111 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Attack of the clones - Spoilers!!!!111 (/showthread.php?tid=1723)

- Kid Afrika - 05-13-2002

Maybe this is a bit premature, but I saw EPII this weekend, and it rocked.

I wasn't a big fan of EP1, so this was a pleasant surprise. A lot of things finally fit together now between the first trilogy and the second.

Has anyone else seen it? What are your comments?

Oh yeah, Boba Fett kicks ass!!!11

I will try not to ruin anything for people that haven't seen it, unless there are enough people that have seen it, to make a discussion feasible.

- Maynard - 05-13-2002

Dammit k1d, I just asked in the other thread if anyone saw this yet. I heard it was better than Phantom Menace, but still not great.

- Skitchr4u - 05-13-2002

i have heard that it is better than phantom menace, but i didn't hate that movie as much as others...the fucking muppet pissed me off, but that was it. i read the comic version of the movie, looks like it could be pretty intense. can't wait til friday night!

- Maynard - 05-13-2002

Yes, Jar Jar pissed me off too. I hope he doesn't have a huge part in this one.

- Skitchr4u - 05-13-2002

i hear that amidala tells him off, and he shuts up....should be the hi-lite of the movie (except for a little green man with a light saber)...

Ok, the acting sucks, but the story is good. I have my own little narrations that I liked to add to annakin's dialogue. "...but my acting is so horrible..."

Jar Jar's part is big enough to be annoying, and the fact that he is a valued part of the reigning government is highly unbelievable. But, it is fucking Star Wars after all. amidala doesn't tell him off, but she does get him to shut the fuck up. < great scene, very diplomatic.

One of the best parts of the movie was learning that a certain character has an ability that was not previously shown.

- Maynard - 05-13-2002

Bad acting to be expected. But, was it cool to look at?

well, in all honesty, the copy I downloaded was not the greatest, so the visually intense stuff probably lost something in the translation. I couldn't tell you how good the effects are because I couldn't see most of them very well. I hardly think anyone will be disappointed with the special efx, though.

- Maynard - 05-13-2002

Oh, I thought you saw it in the theatre. Are you going to see it again? On the big screen?

if you count the tv in my living room as the big screen, then yes.

I won't be going to the theatre to see this movie.

- Maynard - 05-13-2002

Quote:I won't be going to the theatre to see this movie.
Any reason? Is it because you dont think its worth seeing a second time? Or what? Undecided

Should I just d/l it?

- Skitchr4u - 05-13-2002

i will d/l it if i find a good copy...which means waiting til later this week or next to get it.

i saw a dvd of the original trilogy on saturday, and should have picked it up, great quality

Just not worth seeing in a theatre, IMHO.

To give you a frame of reference, the last movie I saw in the theatre was the Matrix(2x). The next movie will probably be The Matrix 2: Reloaded.

I can tell you that I will buy the Attack of the Clones on DVD when it comes out.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-13-2002

Usually a decent high-quality will come out a day before or just around the real release date. So I'm betting later on in the week there will be one. I downloaded a few mpeg samples(about a minute of hte movie to see the video/audio quality) it was ok but i wouldn't watch it at that quality.

- Sephiroth - 05-13-2002

Personally, I thought the movie sucked. Too many goddamn plotholes to make the movie enjoyable.

***SPOILERS AHOY MATEY'S***
<font color="EEEEEE">The Republic's Clone army is under the control of Senator Palpatine, who is really The Sith Lord. If that is the case, why did he have his minion Count Dookum form alliances's with other Galaxies to build a droid army to fight the Clone Army? If Palpatine is controlling both sides of the fight, hasnt he already won? I would understand if Palpatine raised the droid army as a reason to justify the creation of the Clone Army, but then why would he continue to fight the droids once the army was created? Basically, the entire movie is a pre-cursor to Episode 3, which wont come out for 3 years. Thanks George Lucas, you misreable fuck!</font>
[YARRR THE SPOLIERS BE ENDED NOW LANDLUBBERS]<font color="EEEEEE">

Edited By Sephiroth on May 13 2002 at 7:43

- Skitchr4u - 05-14-2002

seph rules

- Gooch - 05-14-2002

I think I'll save my cash for Road To Peridtion, Insomnia, and perhaps, Gangs of New York.

Spiderman is fulfilled my comicbook fantasy need. Star Wars, though I will eventually see it, has fallen from grace b/c Lucas never grew as a writer, director or producer. No growth...stunted incomplete plots, dialogue, etc. He has shown that he's a one trick pny, who was able to use that trick for two seperate series...Indiana Jones and Star Wars...and the Speilburg-factor on Indy makes me realize, he may just be a one trick pony after all. THX 1138, is a good movie, Star Wars is great, Empire excelled b/c Lawrence Kasdan took over the writing. Same with Return, though Lucas already had his child-like need for muppets in full-gear for that movie.

Edited By Gooch on May 14 2002 at 09:35

- Lord Magus - 05-14-2002

Vague spoilers ahead:::

Seph, the answer to your question is basicly this:
It's all a big set-up to force someone to do what Jar-Jar did.

BTW, A: Kid, yes... someone not only uses an ability we weren't previously aware of... they kick ASS with it!!
B: I have to disagree on the acting, I have to say that that kid played a tormented Annakin beatifully. If you honestly don't think he can act go rent "My Life as a House".

Finally, the difference between Episode 1 and 2 is this:
Episode 1 is a good movie,
Episode 2 is a STAR WARS movie!!