CDIH
Monitors - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Monitors (/showthread.php?tid=1754)

Pages: 1 2

- Arthur Dent - 05-15-2002

I'm deciding between a 21" CRT monitor and a 19" flatscreen. It's about a $450 difference in price.

Are flat screens worth it? Or would you go with the extra 1" of actual image size for less $$, but taking up a lot more desk space?

- Sean Cold - 05-15-2002

I know people swear by the flat screen monitors, but, if you can save $450.00 and you are still asking this question, plese, stay in fuckin London. No, really, we don't want you here.

Seriously though, ask the peeps who have been to mi casa, I am an eltronic junkie. I buy high quality toys all the time and to be honest, dropping a load of dough on a flat screen has never even come into mind.

wait, aww fuck, dude, now I want one. You're a dick.:firebounce:

- Luna - 05-15-2002

I love my 21" flat screen monitor.

Sean, your talking to a guy who goes to KFC and McD's so I can pocket the extra food allowance cash instead of going to a nice resteraunt. Just really tempted by a new gadget. But, I am like 90% convinced I'll go with the 21". Just window shopping on dell.com

Quote:I love my 21" flat screen monitor.
21" flatscreen? Shit, dell only sells 17 and 19". 21 must cost a fuckin' fortune!

- Luna - 05-15-2002

Quote:21" flatscreen? Shit, dell only sells 17 and 19". 21 must cost a fuckin' fortune!
What are you talking about, Arthur? I have a 21" Dell-Trinitron flat screen monitor. Undecided

Sorry, flat panel monitor. As in about an inch thick. Undecided

- Luna - 05-15-2002

Oh....ok.....nope....don't have one of those.

- Sephiroth - 05-15-2002

I hollowed out one of my old monitors and made it into a small fishtank.

I know that doesnt help you in this thread, but I thought it was cool enough for a mention.

Do you tell people it's a fish screensaver and let them move the mouse around trying to turn it off? :rofl:

- Goatweed - 05-15-2002

If you do a lot of FPS gaming, then stick with the 21" CRT. Flat panels look lovely for your basic applications, but are lacking in visual quality when it comes to games - ESPECIALLY fast-paced shooters.

There's my $0.02. No thanks, I don't need any change :lol:

- Hummercash - 05-15-2002

if you have an extra $3k to blow, i suggest you buy THIS BAD ASS MOTHER FUCKER!!!

- Maynard - 05-15-2002

Yeah, what goatweed said. I have a 18" flat panel, and it fucking rocks, except when it comes to games that require a high refresh rate.

It's great for what I do with it. I don't play that many games, and the picture is out of this world. But if you're a gamer, go with the regular monitor.

- Kid Afrika - 05-15-2002

[Image: 156.jpg]
FAP! FAP! FAP! FAP! :thumbs-up:

- Sweet Angel - 05-16-2002

I have the original monitor that came with my computer about 4 years ago. I wish I could get a new one.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 05-16-2002

Kid I saw one of those too at the Matrox card pics that were leaked. Too bad that costs like 20k.

I would go with the crt. If you have time staples has a deal for a NEC 19 inch crt flat-screen monitor to be $90 after pricematch and MIR. It expires Friday too I think. NEC/Mitsubishi, Samsung, Sony, and LG make the best crts I think.

BTW Kid I'm going dual-monitor eventually. Going to get that Matrox card or maybe NV30 if its decent(I won't be getting it till september/october anyway).

- Luna - 05-16-2002

Stupid question coming thru....

What is the purpose of having more than one monitor?

- Maynard - 05-16-2002

Quote:What is the purpose of having more than one monitor?
You have 2 eyes right? :lol:

- Arthur Dent - 05-16-2002

Quote:What is the purpose of having more than one monitor?

Just an example, you could have a report open in Word on one screen and a spreedsheet open in Excel on the other sheet. When you move your mouse to the edge of one screen it automatically appears on the other screen. So, you can copy and paste and click and drag between screens as well as switch between two programs without having to minimize and maximize all the time.

Also, graphic artists love it because they put all the palletes and toolbars on one screen and use the other as the canvas. Really nice set-up.

- Sean Cold - 05-16-2002

If I didn't have a dual monitor set up, this site never would have been coded. I had to have the board and the code instructions opened on one while have the server side files for editing on the other. It saved me a ton of time in the long run.

- Kid Afrika - 05-16-2002

Now that you've had multiple monitors, would you ever go back to just one, Sean?