CDIH
Magazines - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Magazines (/showthread.php?tid=1781)

- Arthur Dent - 05-17-2002

What magazines do you read?

I get a few free trade magazines through work, but never have the time to read any of them. Just skim the headlines.

I canceled all my personal subscriptions a long time ago because I never read any of them.

- Keyser Soze - 05-17-2002

Sporting News which comes weekly. Spin, Urb, Wired and The Face.

- Kid Afrika - 05-17-2002

The problem I have is that I hate to throw away magazines, for some reason. I have stacks and stacks of back issues of all sorts of magazines. It's like I archive them for some reason, but I rarely go back and look at them.

The only upside is that my "library" is always stocked with decent reading materials.

- Goatweed - 05-17-2002

A few months ago I found a bunch of deals for free 1-year subs to a bunch of mags. In no particular order :
Stuff/FHM
PC Mag/Computer Shopper
PC Gamer/GameNow/GamePro/EGM
Modern Drummer

Out of all those, I only paid for the PC Gamer and Modern Drummer subs. Once the freebies run out, I don't see myself renewing them. They do help pass the time on my morning commute though.

- virgingrrl - 05-17-2002

im a magazine addict i have subsciptions too:

rolling stone
spin
self
cosmo
jane
entertainment weekly
shape
glamour
real simple
martha stewert (for my momma)
spots illustrated (for my daddy)
time
fitness
marie claire
health
vouge

thats all i can remeber off the top of my head.... i used to get seventeen, ym and teen, but im a big grrl now so i don't need them. we also used to get vibe, people, and a few others..but my daddy cut us off, he says we get to many magazines
Undecided

- Grumpy - 05-17-2002

My personal subscriptions include:

Maxim
Stuff
FHM
Playboy
Popular Mechanics
Popular Science
Gourmet

My Business subscriptions are too long to list. A lot computer trade rags.

The wife subscribes to:

RedBook
Cosmo (I hate this fuckin rag)
Vanity Fair
Parents
and a few others I can't remember or don't want to remember

- Spitfire - 05-17-2002

personal subscriptions:
Sports Illustrated
Playboy
Entertainment Weekly (don't ask me why I read this trash)
Rolling Stone - great political and feature articles, but really shitty music coverage...mr. spitfire always yells at me for complaining and bitching about the music articles but keep a subscription going...
does the Aquarian count?
I read just about every magazine for work though, especially women's and outdoor publications, looking for our barbecue and pickle placements

- Maynard - 05-17-2002

I used to be a magazing junkie. But now I get most of my reading done on the web. I prefer it becasue I now don't have to deal with the stacks of old issues I collect. Just like k1d. I never throw them away in case I ever want an article again.

- Skitchr4u - 05-17-2002

Spin
Rolling Stone
Wired
Time
Sporting News

does TV Guide count?

- Maynard - 05-17-2002

Quote:does TV Guide count?
Do you read the articles or just look at the pictures?

If you read the articles, then yes, it does count.

- Skitchr4u - 05-17-2002

there are articles in it? I only use it because IKEA isn't at my house telling me what is on tv

- Kid Afrika - 05-18-2002

For you skitchr < I luv this fuckin' site. Also, my All-in-Wonder card came with some listing software that's pretty good, but I still use TVGuide.com.

- The Sleeper - 05-18-2002

None of you subscribe to High Times?!?!?

- Kid Afrika - 05-18-2002

ever hear the phrase "admission of guilt"?

- Paper Boy - 05-18-2002

i don't subscribe to any magagzines personally but my roommate got swindled by some company and he receives alot of mags. i usually pick up my magazines at a book store or gas sation, i usually read sportrider, cycleworld, motorcyclist and a few computer magazines that i don't know the name of.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 05-20-2002

Jane
Cosmo
Glamor
Rolling Stone
Sports Illustrated *more my brother's than mine*

I also tend to buy:
Self
Fitness
Star and Enquirer for the bus ride home
Time
U.S. News
Time Out New York
and Maxim or FHM when there's an article in there I want to read

- Luna - 05-20-2002

Subscriptions:
1. National Geographic - best magazine ever. 'Nuff said
2. PC Photo - I'm a photography junky
3. Whole Dog Health Journal - Well, what did you expect? Also, this publication does not rely on or accept advertising so, biased articles are nill, just the hard facts.
4. BARk Magazine - another dog mag. I am waiting for.

Purchases:
1. Maximum - PC Mag (when I can find it)
2. Dog & Kennel, Dog World, Dog Fancy - (occasionally)
3. Heavy Metal Magazine - (nope....not music)

I also get alot of magazines through the office as courtesy subscriptions. I can't even begin to list them, but, the ones I read are the New York centered magazines.

Like Kid and Maynard I have a very hard time parting with them.