CDIH
Best children's movies - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Best children's movies (/showthread.php?tid=1801)

Pages: 1 2

- Arthur Dent - 05-20-2002

Don't think we need a top 20 list for this one.

What are your favorite kid's movies of all time. The ones you liked as a kid, the ones you watch with your kids, or the ones you just want to watch?

I used to really like The Never Ending Story because I liked the idea of how the kid was reading a book and what was happening in the book became more and more real. Plus, first time I saw it, I was the same age as the kid in the movie.

And The Dark Crystal is Jim Henson's fantasy masterpiece. I still love that film.

- Sloatsburgh - 05-20-2002

Lion Witch and the Wardrobe. Though for the longest time, I did not know what a Wardrobe was and why the limey bastard kids didn't have closets.

- Hey Ladi - 05-20-2002

Just got Watership Down on dvd. It is scary, but my sister & I watched it all the time. I can still watch the Disney Robin Hood all the time. And the Muppet movies are good, though I have yet to see the last one, the pirate one. I think Muppets take Manhatten was my favorite, with the rats playing in the food in the kitchen.

- Ken'sPen - 05-20-2002

The Amazing Mr. Blundon

- Luna - 05-20-2002

Wallace & Gromit - 'The Techno Trousers' and 'A Close Shave'.
Little claymation shorts and they are wonderfuly done.

- Hey Ladi - 05-20-2002

Quote:The Amazing Mr. Blundon
Which one is that?

I remember watching The Amazing Mr Limpet a lot. The guy falls in the ocean & turn into a dolphin, & saves the Navy in WW2 ( I think )

- Ken'sPen - 05-20-2002

The Amazing Mr. Blundon was a movie I saw when I was young on Showtime.
Played a bazillion times and then I never saw it again.

About a couple of orphans in England..........hard to explain.....

- Spitfire - 05-20-2002

The Secret of NIHM
The Black Cauldron, best Disney movie ever
The first Muppet Movie was my favorite out of the 3..err, however many there are now...
The Nothing in Neverending Story used to scare the shit out of me...

Watership Down
Never heard of this one before, but now I want to see it!

Quote:And the Muppet movies are good, though I have yet to see the last one, the pirate one.
I think the last one is with Gonzo and the aliens.
The original muppet movies were the best. Putting the muppets in the real world. The 80 foot Animal, Ms. Piggy as a jewel thief, the wedding with the Sesame Street gang in the seats next to the muppets...damn those were good.

RIP Jim Henson. Just not the same without you.
:disappointed:

- Hey Ladi - 05-20-2002

I haven't seen the Black Cauldron in ages! Saw it in the theatre, and when ...... whatever it was..... fell into the cauldron, I got all teary eyed.

The scene where the Skecksie (sp) dies in the beginning of the Dark Crystal, used to scare the snot out of me. Plus the end where the good ones stand up and merge with the bad ones, never sat right, something seems weird about that scene.

"I don't have wings"
"Of course not, you're a boy"

- Luna - 05-20-2002

Teach those little shits to cry:
'Lassie Come Home' & 'Old Yeller' :-D

Those movies scarred my childhood.

- Ken'sPen - 05-20-2002

Luna....... ever read the book "where the red fern grows"?

or "The Yearling"? Boy and his baby deer. Never saw the Disney flick they made out of it. Just didn't think it could match the book (which was HUGE!)

- Spitfire - 05-20-2002

that book was too sad...
Watership Down is one of my favorite books, it's a great movie, too
Ladi, I think BC is out on dvd now...

I forgot the GI Joe movie, the He-man meets She-ra movie (:lolSmile ...Willy Wonka...Mary Poppins...and Chicken Run (that movie rocks!)

- Luna - 05-20-2002

Quote:Luna....... ever read the book "where the red fern grows"?
No...I haven't heard of that. :clueless:

- Metalfan - 05-20-2002

Phew....at first I thought we were talking about Snuka's home movies...imagine my relief now.

Depending on the age, I like
Labyrinth and Dark Crystal....both pretty good movies :thumbs-up:

- Hey Ladi - 05-20-2002

I love Labyrinth. After I saw it, I wanted to wear jewelry to give away, in case I got stuck in another land. :lol:

Metal, you just watch for the sock in Bowie's pants :-o

- BeckyDC - 05-20-2002

Neverending Story and the Princess Bride.

- Hey Ladi - 05-20-2002

Aaaaaaaaaas youuuuuuuuuuu wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiish !!

Hello! My name is Antigo Montoya! Prepare to die!

- Metalfan - 05-20-2002

Quote:Metal, you just watch for the sock in Bowie's pants

Too busy watching Jennifer Connelley :loveya: to notice shit about Bowie