CDIH
Will there be another attack? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Will there be another attack? (/showthread.php?tid=1807)

Pages: 1 2 3

- JIMMYSNUKA - 05-20-2002

Will there be another attack? Or is everyone just thinking the worst? If they start doing suicide bombings here should we finally make every country responsible a crater!!?

- Maynard - 05-20-2002

This is making me more and more nervous. Now they're talking about attacks on 3 mile island. And last night, I heard them talking about planned attacks on apartment buildings. They mentioned bombs in the buildings.

This is fucking ridiculous now.

- Ken'sPen - 05-20-2002

I think they might try,
I think we might just catch them if they do.

Everyone is too suspicious these days I think.
It will be hard for them to pull off another large scale attack and catch us totally sleeping again.

but no, on the crater.

- Sean Cold - 05-20-2002

We at CDIH may be able to solve this. Tell AM to have his uncle Bin Laden join the board. We will put him in the cell and foirce him to talk to SA, PD, Laurie, PB or what ever the fuck she is calling herself now. He will then see the errors of his ways.

Another attack is quite possible. This feels like getting into a fight after school on a larger scale. Waiting and all for it to happen.

- Maynard - 05-20-2002

Do you think it would be hard to plant a bomb in an apartment building? If they lived in the building, it wouldnt make anyone suspicious at all. Think about them hitting the average apartment building in nyc at night when everyone was sleeping. Figure like 1 30 floor building. How many people? And think of it falling and hitting another building or two.

Do that to 3 or 4 buildings in a night, and thats alot of people.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 05-20-2002

I think it's just a matter of time now...and I'm petrified...I just hope whatever it is that happens isn't worse than what we're expecting.

- Ken'sPen - 05-20-2002

Fuck that,
sounds like urban renewal to me.

now i read that they are testing the water supply in orlando...they are thinking it may have been messed with...that same water supply services disney world, universal studios, and bush gardens.

- Kid Afrika - 05-20-2002

Why worry about things you can't control?

I mean, yeah, our government should do something to prevent this happening again on US soil. But, what can you or I do?

I'm not going to walk around paranoid of suicide bombings and planes falling from the sky. Shit, I might look at things a little differently, hoping to catch some shit blowing up live and in person, but that's about it.

I just don't have the kind of luck that makes shit like this happen to me. I'm always the guy that left 10 minutes before the gunshots were fired or the scrawny kid got the shit kicked out of him.

When they attack, they're going to get American icons (like the WTC), so it wouldn't surprise me if something happened at Disney. They want to scare us into our homes, they're going to try to keep us out of amusement parks and baseball stadiums etc. I wouldn't be surprised if a baseball stadium (most likely Yankee Stadium) was a target as well.

Quote:(most likely Yankee Stadium)

NOOO!!!! Go for Shea!!!!! Go for Shea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Sean Cold - 05-20-2002

Quote:or the scrawny kid

as if you were ever percieved as scrawny. :firebounce:

If an attack is definatly going to happen, I just hope NY is left out of it this time, I can't deal with all that post 9/11 shit again. I also know I will not be glued to CNN for a week straight again, I think that hurt a hell of a lot more than it helped.

- BeckyDC - 05-20-2002

I dont like all this chaos and killing and Al Abdubbah Ahmed Amar and whoever else keeps on fuckin shit up. Sad

Quote:I also know I will not be glued to CNN for a week straight again, I think that hurt a hell of a lot more than it helped.

I agree....they're not supposed to show the planes hitting the WTC or the collapse anymore because so many people have gotten Post Traumatic Stress Disorder from the images alone, but I see them show it all the time. If they come to N.Y. again, I don't think most of us will be able to deal...I for one know my ass will be outta here if something happens.

- IkeaBoy - 05-20-2002

I am sure another attack is planned. Whether or not we'll stop them, I don't know but it doesn't seem logical for them to stop with just one major attack. All the stuff about water supplies and nuclear attacks might really just be a red herring.

- Goatweed - 05-20-2002

Quote:Will there be another attack?
I think not only will there ba another attack, but there will probably be more attacks. The WTC was planned over time, not overnight - and I'm sure it wasn't the only one being planned. These people are extremists - they are totally willing to kill themselves whilst taking out any number of innocents along with them.

However, I'm with Kid - I just can't worry about it mainly because I don't have any control over the situation. Sure, if I get on a plane I plan on being more observant than I was in the past about the other people on board, etc. but vigilance can only go so far. We have to trust and have faith in the fact that law enforcement personnel will do the best that they can to keep any and all attacks from happening. It's been said before, even by our own VP and GWB himself - it is IMPOSSIBLE to protect everyone, everywhere, all the time. I think if they are planning an attack, they won't do it while we are on a high state of alert - because they don't want to get caught. Perhaps all the terrorist "chatter" that's being heard is simply to put us on our nerves, because that's EXACTLY what the terrorists are trying to achive. Sure, I'm scared - but I have to go on with life.

- crx girl - 05-20-2002

well, the other day a middle eastern/arab type guy was in the bar and asked if he could leave a bag of stuff for an hour or so while he went and did something. i probably would've said no, but the bartender said yes, then searched it as soon as the guy left to make sure it wasn't a bomb. although what we could've done about it if it was, i don't know. i'm sure something else will happen, but as others said, there's nothing we can do about it on a large scale. i think everyone is more aware of those little things now and hopefully that will help, but who knows really.

- OAS - 05-20-2002

There will be more, very soon. The logical expectation is suicide bombers. Many of them, all over the country. Malls, amusement parks, mass transit. The intent will be to get us to stay in our homes causing economic chaos. The apartment building threat is another interesting concept for these fucks. Terrorizing people in their homes. The interesting thing is one day, awhile back sitting on the GWB, I was looking at that appartment building on the NY side of the bridge thinking that would be an ideal target for these fucks. Blow that building and the bridge is rendered useless.

- Sluggo - 05-20-2002

Quote:the bartender said yes, then searched it as soon as the guy left to make sure it wasn't a bomb.
That Bartender takes the short bus to work...
Like if it WAS a bomb, the bag wouldn't have had a boobytrap on it.
I'm no sweating it...
Hope to hell nothing happens...
But...

And I never missed the scrawny kid getting his ass kicked...
Most of the time I didn't see it coming...
But I was always there for the beating.

- IkeaBoy - 05-20-2002

Quote:although what we could've done about it if it was, i don't know.
The sick thing is if you were to check the bag and a bomb were in it, you'd be sued for racial discrimination and illegally searching one's private properties.