CDIH
David blaine - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: David blaine (/showthread.php?tid=1842)

Pages: 1 2

- Arpikarhu - 05-22-2002

say what you want about his technique and so forth, its shit like this that makes this city so cool. the old time showmanship, etc.. went over to see his new gig today, cool as hell

- HedCold - 05-22-2002

what's he doing now? :clueless:

- Arpikarhu - 05-22-2002

standing on a 20 inch platform for 36 hours then diving off into cardboard boxes. he was just on carson daly and was AWESOME!!!!

- HedCold - 05-22-2002

Quote:standing on a 20 inch platform for 36 hours then diving off into cardboard boxes.
meh.

- IkeaBoy - 05-22-2002

blane is poopy

- Arpikarhu - 05-22-2002

Quote:blane is poopy
go back t your star tek reruns and moorcock books

- IkeaBoy - 05-22-2002

I don't even remember writing "Blane is poppy" and I don't read Star Trek books. I just find Blane uninteresting.

- Arpikarhu - 05-22-2002

Quote:I just find Blane uninteresting.
everyone is entitled to their boring, moronic,lack of imagination opinion

- Arthur Dent - 05-22-2002

Blaine has a couple of unique tricks. Like throwing the playing card THROUGH the pane of glass. The rest is standard street magician stuff. Even the pulling the string out of his stomach was done twenty years ago by someone else. Saw it on the "Top 50 Magic Tricks of All Time" special on BBC. Blaine's street levitation was in the top 20.

- Skitchr4u - 05-22-2002

i hope he falls off early

- Metalfan - 05-22-2002

Please, I walked past there yesterday.....looks like a fucking moron standing on top of a 100 foot pole. Granted, no way my ass is getting up there...but you should have seen the crowds of people just watching this jackass stand there.

falling off early = more funney

- barch97 - 05-22-2002

Whatta tool...

How high is this thing? really?
I've only seen it on TV and, they never give you any real refference. It's always a low angle shot and the building are too far back to get an accurate estimate.

Also, R&F covered this a bit last night and on location observers pointed out that the great magician's right leg never moves. It remains locked into a perfectly straight possition while his left one bends and leans and raises it's foot.

Watched the time-lapsed segment on good morning america and it's pretty obvious that his right leg is in fact attached to some fixed support.

Not that that makes it any less impressive to stand in a 22" circle at any height for this long... but, it would be A LOT more fun is he falls to his death.

- Sluggo - 05-22-2002

I don't care how he does it...
I don't care if it's been done before...
He is a great showman, and I enjoy his tomfoolery.

- barch97 - 05-22-2002

You are so obviously repressing your homosexual urges.

- Gooch - 05-22-2002

I'm going to Bryant Park right now, if anyone wants to fight me. I'll be by the hotdog vendor.

:rofl:

- Galt - 05-22-2002

Arpi, You realize you made it seem that he was going to jump into cardboard boxes from a height of 20 inches right?

Maybe that's why you haven't gotten the enthusiam you were hoping for.

So the platform is 20 inches WIDE (I'm assuimng), and he will sit on it for 36 hours. How high is he goign to jump from? 20 feet, 50 feet, 1000 feet?

- Maynard - 05-22-2002

damn, Fiona Apple is hot. :loveya:

- Metalfan - 05-22-2002

He's standing, and its about 100 feet high

- HedCold - 05-22-2002

Quote:I just find Blane uninteresting.
his voice and whole body language is just really dull.

i saw something on abc about this and they said there are things on his ankle to help keep him up but 'thats just for the wind'

- Arthur Dent - 05-23-2002

Saw it on the news this morning. The platform was 80 feet high. The stack of boxes was about ten feet high.

They also showed that he had a catheter running down his right leg and attached to some kind of drain for nature calls. Claimed that was the reason he didn't move that leg.