CDIH
Gay baseball players - a theory - A scenario i was thinking about. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Gay baseball players - a theory - A scenario i was thinking about. (/showthread.php?tid=1850)

- Tenbatsuzen - 05-22-2002

Let's go to an alternate universe. Everything is still the same, except it's the summer of the year 2000, and Mike Piazza is out of the closet and gay. I'm not saying Piazza IS gay. This is just a scenario.

Now, imagine that Piazza has gotten beaned by Roger Clemens, a known devout Christian and branded by the media as being an asshole.

Fast forward to the World Series, with the bat-shard throwing incident.

How fast do you think it would take the liberal media to brand this a "hate crime", even though Piazza's sexuality would have nothing to do with the fact that he simply hit a game winning HR off Clemens and Clemens was letting him feel some pain as payback.

Sexuality in sports makes no sense. I admit, I laughed when Jay Mohr had that line about Jeff Garcia, Kordell Stewart, and Greg Louganis in the steam room, but why do we CARE? Does the fact that someone takes it in das doomper makes him any worse or better of a ballplayer?

Granted, in Hollywood, it's different. If Ben Affleck was gay, it would be a lot harder to accept him as a romantic or action lead by the mass media.

Sports, it's different. It's all about what you do on the field, NOT how the public perceives you.

Just my 11 cents. (Ikea will get that reference.)

- HedCold - 05-22-2002

like anything there will people [and me] that will make fun of it, but when it comes right down to it i don't care.
the whole idea of a hate crime is so stupid anyway that it would probably be used here.

- Galt - 05-22-2002

classifying various crimes based on the motives rather than the actions themselves makes Baby Jesus cry. Piazza's no fairy

- Arpikarhu - 05-22-2002

nomar is an ass-pirate

- Galt - 05-22-2002

The only athlete in Boston that gets more pussy than Nomar is Tom Brady. Brady even gets more snatch than Paul Pierce.

- Arpikarhu - 05-22-2002

nomar takes man meat in the ass then goes out with women so no one will know

- Hey Ladi - 05-22-2002

Quote:Sexuality in sports makes no sense. ..... but why do we CARE? Does the fact that someone takes it in das doomper makes him any worse or better of a ballplayer?
Homophobia makes no sense anyway.

People get all excited it a girl takes it up the pipe, but a guy......oooo no, then it's disgusting!

- Galt - 05-22-2002

Quote:People get all excited it a girl takes it up the pipe, but a guy......oooo no, then it's disgusting!

Because it is disgusting.

Guys are filty, girls are sexy.

So two guys is putrid since I disagree with both of them.
two girls is heaven
a guy and a girl is just allright.

- Arpikarhu - 05-22-2002

Quote:Because it is disgusting.

Guys are filty, girls are sexy.

So two guys is putrid since I disagree with both of them.
two girls is heaven
a guy and a girl is just allright.
this just proves that poetry is not dead

- Grumpy - 05-22-2002

Quote:The cocksmoker was quoted as saying:

nomar is an ass-pirate
nomar takes man meat in the ass then goes out with women so no one will know

hmmm......interesting.....
looks like jealousy of ex-lovers is also not dead. what happen bear boy? Nomar dump you for a woman and your jealous?

- DGW - 05-23-2002

No, he's still waiting on Drew Henson