CDIH
Attitude adjustment - Can people really change? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Attitude adjustment - Can people really change? (/showthread.php?tid=1866)

Pages: 1 2

- Kid Afrika - 05-23-2002

We all have our problems, social inequities, etc.

But, how far can we go to correct them?

My intolerance for people to understand me has been a constant barrier in my life. I try to work on it, but feedback is scarce.

As with anything, people are about 10x more likely to criticize or complain than they are to praise.

How do you cope with the doldrums of daily life?

- Galt - 05-23-2002

I realize that when countless people tell me the same thing, that maybe they're not all wrong and maybe it's not just because they don't "understand" me.

- Lord Magus - 05-23-2002

I realize that if people would just do what I tell them too, life would be better for people everywhere.
This is why the "Magus World Domination Foundation" is currently accepting donations and volunteer work. You generous donation of time or money will help hasten the day where I am undisputed ruler of the world, as well as hastening the day your life takes a turn for the better by surrendering your will to me.
Visa/mastercard and ATM debit is accepted for donations.
Currently there are no available volunteer postions for men, once weapons have been purchased postions will open rapidly.
Women wishing to volunteer should forward a PM to "Lord Magus" listing times available, positions prefered, consecutive hours of volunteer time desired, and preference for flavored, regular, or glow in the dark contraceptives to be used.
Act now as volunteer positions will be filled quickly!! (and repeatedly)

- SLASH - 05-23-2002

Positive Affirmations.

- Keyser Soze - 05-23-2002

I'm good enough, i'm smart enough, and doggonnit, people like me.

- Arthur Dent - 05-23-2002

In all seriousness, if you look back on who you were 5 years ago and don't see a significant difference between who you were then and who you are now, then somethings wrong. If 5 years from now your not significantly different from who you are right now, than somethings wrong. You should be contantly changing. Either because you make a real effort or just because of life and the things that happen to you.

Yes, people change all the time. It's just a slow process. If you don't, it's because your stubborn, unyielding, and ultimately stagnant.

- OAS - 05-23-2002

Quote:My intolerance for people to understand me has been a constant barrier in my life. I try to work on it, but feedback is scarce.
Look at the last sentence in this statement. If there is anyone on the planet that has been givin more than adequate feedback on your intolerance for people, you would win the trophy. If you want to change, digest the feedback. Most peoples message to you seems to come through loud and clear.

- Luna - 05-23-2002

Quote:I realize that when countless people tell me the same thing, that maybe they're not all wrong and maybe it's not just because they don't "understand" me.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, well....it must be a ..........

There is a little lesson we all face at some point in our lives. It's called humility. Humility is not a bad or negative thing. Being humble has it's benefits.

Kid, if you are happy with yourself that is all that matters and I say this to you in an unbiased manner. Just keep in mind that everybody has some sort of emotional defecit. People are not perfect.
We all have shortcomings, but, on the flip side, we all have potential for greatness, as well.

...and that's all I have to say about that.

- OAS - 05-23-2002

Quote:...and that's all I have to say about that.
Luna Gump has spoken.:rofl:

- Luna - 05-23-2002

I knew someone would get that! :lol:

Quote:If there is anyone on the planet that has been givin more than adequate feedback on your intolerance for people, you would win the trophy.
You can not give an adequate assessment of my based solely on my posts on this or any other message board. Thusly, your feedback is not valid. The feedback of my co-workers is more what I am looking for.

- Arthur Dent - 05-23-2002

Quote:You can not give an adequate assessment of my based solely on my posts on this or any other message board.
But your attitude on this or any other message board CAN be adequately assessed. Whoever or whatever you are in RL doesn't mean jack shit here. Only what you show here matters here. Thusly, the feedback you have received here about you here has importance here. Do you hear?

- Maynard - 05-23-2002

Quote:The feedback of my co-workers is more what I am looking for.
Then you should have stated that in the first place. She was trying to give you some advice on this topic, then you snap at her telling her she doesn't know you. You should have been a little more clear in the first place.

As for co-workers. I basically ignore them unless they are all making the same comment in which case I'll take a serious look at it. More people on the board know me better than my co-workers. But to really make attitude adjustments, I take advice from family, and friends mostly.

- OAS - 05-23-2002

Quote:Thusly, your feedback is not valid.
:bouncer: :bouncer: Yippeee, I'm not valid! :bouncer: :bouncer:
Psssst, he is trying to rile us up and start an argument. Don't give in. Agree with him, it pisses him off. Don't tell him I told you though.

- Luna - 05-23-2002

Confusedtupid:

- Ken'sPen - 05-23-2002

Doesn't this thread belong in annoying gimmicks?

Edited By Ken'sPen on May 23 2002 at 11:04

- Grumpy - 05-23-2002

[Image: stupid.gif]

- Maynard - 05-23-2002

Don't all of YOUR posts beling there as well?

Quote:She was trying to give you some advice on this topic, then you snap at her telling her she doesn't know you.
I didn't snap at her. I actually appreciated her advice. It was oas that accused me to being oblivious to feedback, and it was him that I was referring to.

As for this thread, I was asking about how other people deal with their problems of communication or just the bullshit of having to deal with people.

I really don't mind dealing with most people, but "mousey" people annoy the shit out of me. I guess I have a mechanism that makes me distrust anyone that seems sneaky or full of shit.

I prefer to have things said to me in a very straight-forward and blunt manner. I don't need the candy-coated pleasantries that come with dealing with some people. However, I realize that you have to cater to people's mannerisms if you expect them to help you or to do what you want them to.

So, I am working on this since I went to a seminar recently and I wondered how you guys deal with this type of shit in your daily lives. I am NOT asking you to pass judgement on me based on what little you know of me.

- Gooch - 05-23-2002

seminar...is that what they call therapy these days?!?! :-D