CDIH
Nuke your home town - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Nuke your home town (/showthread.php?tid=1951)

- Arthur Dent - 05-29-2002

Nuke It!!!!

Find out what will happen if a nuke goes off near you! With MAPS!!!

- Hey Ladi - 05-29-2002

POOF! Confuseduicide:

- barch97 - 05-29-2002

I don't want to piss on your thread Artie but, this is kinda stupid. It doesn't really take into account any environmental factors. It is merely an illustration of a blast radius overlayed on a map.

For instance... the town I live in is also home to a nuclear power plant. I'm just guessing here but, if a nuclear weapon were to be detinated near by the 12psi zone would be MUCH larger than 1.7 miles.

I'm gonna go experiment with other locations because it just occurred to me that mountains should effect the shape of the blast radius. I wonder if that has been considered.

brb with the results...

*Edit:
HA! Just as I suspected...
You could pretty much take their concertric rings and lay them on any road map and get as accurate a result.

Sorry Artie... :-(

Edited By barch97 on May 29 2002 at 09:54

- PollyannaFlower46 - 05-29-2002

Thank god for the fallout shelter in my building ;-)

- Arthur Dent - 05-29-2002

Sorry Barch. I know how anxious you are to find the perfect place to plant that device you built.

Geez, what'd you expect from a PBS site?!?

- barch97 - 05-29-2002

Well, I didn't mean to upset you. I's just a little disappointed. I was expecting a far more personalized report.

- Danked - 05-29-2002

Back in grade school, my social studies teacher scared the shit out of us by telling us that in the event of nuclear war, we'd all be dead first. AT&T headquarters were located practically right next door to the school and basically that would be one of the primary targets. I didn't sleep for weeks.

- barch97 - 05-29-2002

...but now that AT&T is going digital, you've got nothing to worry about.

- Hey Ladi - 05-29-2002

Art Cars

[Image: duck.color.gif]

- Sweet Angel - 05-29-2002

Quote:For instance... the town I live in is also home to a nuclear power plant.
Hey, me too!

- barch97 - 05-29-2002

I knew we were meant for each other the moment you switched to cable.

We're gonna have to get rid of my wife but, with my new found knowledge of nuclear blasts, that shouldn't be too difficult. :-D

- Sweet Angel - 05-29-2002

Yeah, and with all the extra arms and legs our offspring would have, think of all the extra stuff we could get done around the house. :lol:

- barch97 - 05-29-2002

lower taxes = always more gooder

even if it costs my children mutantcy

- Arthur Dent - 05-30-2002

Quote:Well, I didn't mean to upset you.

Didn't think I needed these here. {sarcasm} {/sarcasm}
<font color=white> damn, actually tried to find the tags when I used square brackets.</font>

Edited By Arthur Dent on May 30 2002 at 04:54

- Sloatsburgh - 05-30-2002

Whooo Hoooo. If Manhattan gets blasted and I am home, I have a 75% chance of survival. Much better than when I lived in Stamford!