CDIH
Debate: should rx drugs be advertised on tv - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Debate: should rx drugs be advertised on tv (/showthread.php?tid=2004)

- IkeaBoy - 06-02-2002

I'm watching A&E's Founding Brothers/Founding Fathers marathon and they had an ad on for some drug or another and I began thinking, should prescription drugs ad be advertised on TV. We've all seen them, this isn't a new phenomenon- the crying egg for Zoloft, the "Vigarous, happy" kickboxing herpes broad, the Tommy theme for Clartin.

So what I'm asking is - isn't it up for the doctors to tell us what drugs we should take for our condition, not Madison Avenue? Should these pills be advertised?

- Kid Afrika - 06-02-2002

Debate: Do ikeaboy's threads suck?

GO! SPEAK! GO!!!

- Sephiroth - 06-02-2002

HEY KID YOU FAG, GET ON AIM. NOW

- IkeaBoy - 06-02-2002

Quote:Debate: Do ikeaboy's threads suck?
Sorry for using message boards to DISCUSS THINGS.

- Ken'sPen - 06-02-2002

That's it.....
This one is going to Fight Club.

- Rape Fantasizer - 06-02-2002

I don't mind the ads being on television, I just hate it when there is a 30 second commercial for a drug, and they don't even tell you what it is supposed to cure.

- Kim - 06-02-2002

who watches commercials anyways?

- JIMMYSNUKA - 06-02-2002

Quote:HEY KID YOU FAG, GET ON AIM. NOW

pilllowtalk?

- Luna - 06-02-2002

NO. Drugs should not be advertised on TV.
While it does bring an awareness to the general audience about certain conditions, the particular drug may not work for everybody. It is something that should be left up to your doctor to prescribe....NOT a commercial or pharmacutical company.

- diceisgod - 06-02-2002

I think they should advertise them until in about 50 years from now when they realize that everyone is dropping dead from the cancer it gives people.

- Luna - 06-02-2002

Quote:when they realize that everyone is dropping dead from the cancer it gives people.
Exactly. I contributed to a pet's death this very way. Saw the commercial on TV.....thought it was the answer to my prayers........and guess what?...it wasn't. :disappointed:

- Sephiroth - 06-02-2002

Quote:While it does bring an awareness to the general audience about certain conditions, the particular drug may not work for everybody. It is something that should be left up to your doctor to prescribe....NOT a commercial or pharmacutical company.

Any self-respecting doctor would know what's best for the patient anyway.

Patient: Doctor, I stubbed my toe. I need some valium.
Doctor: Valium? You dont need valium for that. Here, have some aspirin.
Patient: But I want valium.
Doctor : Umm.... tough shit.

- Kid Afrika - 06-02-2002

Quote:Saw the commercial on TV.....thought it was the answer to my prayers........and guess what?...it wasn't.
genius, pure unadulterated genius.

it's no wonder you're a dog person. :-o

- Luna - 06-03-2002

Quote:it's no wonder you're a dog person.
Can you elaborate on that one....no, really...I have no clue what you are saying.

- Kid Afrika - 06-03-2002

Quote:no, really...I have no clue what you are saying.
Irony? :poke:

- Luna - 06-03-2002

Whatever.