CDIH
***Nine Inch Nails*** - New Release 1-21-02 - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Noise Pollution (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: ***Nine Inch Nails*** - New Release 1-21-02 (/showthread.php?tid=203)

Pages: 1 2

- Maynard - 01-21-2002

The new Nine Inch Nails DVD and CD combo, And All That Could Have Been gets released tomorrow, 1/22/02. It will be a live album and live concert footage from The Fragility v2.0 tour. Nin last video release Closure was in 1994 which was a double VHS documenting the Self Destruct Tour. One tape was music video's and the other tape was live footage.

I will have an additional review tomorrow of the CD and DVD.

View the trailer and website for And All That Could Have Been

- Keyser Soze - 01-21-2002

Are you sure you're not Maynard James Keenan?

Edited By Keyser Soze on Jan. 21 2002 at 11:50

- PollyannaFlower46 - 01-21-2002

Is anyone going to the in-store thing? I REALLY want to go, but tomorrow is my first day of classes (assuming I am still on the rosters, but hey we won't go into that) and I can't go.... :disaprove:

- Maynard - 01-21-2002

I too would love to go Polly, but there is no way in hell I can.
Confusedhrugs shoulders:

- PollyannaFlower46 - 01-21-2002

Do you know if you can just get the CD seperately? I don't have a DVD player....oh well....

- Maynard - 01-21-2002

PollyannaFlower46 Wrote:Do you know if you can just get the CD seperately? I don't have a DVD player....oh well....
You sure as heck can Polly.

Go to And All That Could Have Been and enter the site. When you get there, look at the track listing.

From the way it looks, you can buy the DVD or VHS versions of the video. And the CD has two seperate versions as well. A seperate "Live" CD, and a Deluxe CD with the "Live" CD and "Still". Still contains deconstructed versions of select nin favorites as well as five new tracks of music.

- Skitchr4u - 01-21-2002

and here i am without a chance to stop tomorrow! i want the dvd and good cd. i can't wait, it seems like forever since i listened to nin, too damn long really. thanks for the update maynard, now please, give us the review early, so i know whether to go at lunch to pick it up!!

- Maynard - 01-21-2002

WEll, the CD review should be up by noon. But the DVD won't be up until the evening. I can't watch DVD's at work.

Yet....

- Skitchr4u - 01-21-2002

but you said you "had it like that" at work...some people...

can you grade the vhs from 94? on a scale of 1-10...??

- Maynard - 01-21-2002

Skitchr4u Wrote:but you said you "had it like that" at work...some people...

can you grade the vhs from 94? on a scale of 1-10...??
I think it's a 12.

The Tape with the video's has some unreleased and rare stuff on it. Like the FULL version of pinion. Un-cut version of "Closer". Lots of other goodies.

The other live concert tape fuckin rocks. It has live concert footage mixed in with interview and backstage stuff.

- Skitchr4u - 01-21-2002

so thus then, in defacto you are saying it is a must buy? ok, so now i must go to best buy or the wiz tomorrow and get all of them? great...there goes buying a new dvd this week...oh wait, nin is a dvd...awesome!

- PollyannaFlower46 - 01-22-2002

I bought the CD at J&R this afternoon during my first break, didn't listen to it yet since I forgot my CD player at home. Did anyone listen yet? Also if ya bought it, how much did ya pay? Mine was $25....ehhhh

- Maynard - 01-22-2002

I just finished the live disc from “And All That Could Have Been”, and on a first listening, on crappy speakers at work, all I can say is, WOW! It is absolutely amazing. It completely captures the live nin experience. All of the trakcs are soundboard recordings and it sounds like they may have had a few crowd mics too, because they have a bit of crowd noise mixed in. I personally hate the crowd noise on live albums because it usually takes away from the recording. Not here though. It’s a near perfect mix.
OK, I’ve listened to this a few more times, and it is getting better each time.

The second disc, “Still” is unbelievable. It is all remixed and reworked songs with a new track as well. By far the standout on the album is the reworked version of “Something I Can Never Have”. The only way to get this disc is to buy the Deluxe Edition of “And All That Could Have Been”, or to order it through the nin website.

I actually bought the DVD, Deluxe edition CD set, and the Live single disc. I wanted the packaging from all three. I will probably order “Still” from the website later this week.

Thanks....now I have something to look forward to when I get home.....ughhh about 6 hours from now.....so very tired.

- virgingrrl - 01-22-2002

the cd is amazing, and i only watched part of the dvd, but from what i saw, i was amazed..mmmm trent :bouncer:

You think Trent's hot too? Everyone else who I tell that to tells me I'm blind....

- virgingrrl - 01-22-2002

Quote:You think Trent's hot too? Everyone else who I tell that to tells me I'm blind....

mmmmmm...oh hell yeah :bouncer:
psssst, i saw them in concert too "polly" :real good: :roltflmao: :roltflmao:

- Maynard - 01-22-2002

<-----looks like trent with brown hair instead of black

- crx girl - 01-23-2002

PollyannaFlower46 Wrote:You think Trent's hot too? Everyone else who I tell that to tells me I'm blind....
mmmmm i like him too, he's not like, "hot", but there's something very attractive about him. and i never got to see them in concert Cry

- virgingrrl - 01-23-2002

Quote:mmmmm i like him too, he's not like, "hot", but there's something very attractive about him. and i never got to see them in concert

it's his voice that does it for me actually :bouncer:
oh and no crying sweet cheeks, there is always next tour :bouncer: