CDIH
Freddy Prinze Jr- writer, director, hero - Just more reasons to love him - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Freddy Prinze Jr- writer, director, hero - Just more reasons to love him (/showthread.php?tid=2117)

- IkeaBoy - 06-10-2002

This has been on AICN for awhile but the more I read it, the more I laugh. It's ridiculous to read what he's come up with and I can't wait to read his X-Men Draft though his original comic idea seems to have more than a few X-meny qualities to it. Didn't we stop writing about wacky things that happen on our birthdays when we entered the fourth grade?

Freddie On Scooby 2, Captain America Possibilities and a Paul Anderson collaboration

we at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.moviehole.net">http://www.moviehole.net</a><!-- w --> caught up with Freddie Prinze Jr on the promotional trail for "Scooby Doo" who had something to say about "Scooby Doo 2" and a couple of superhero related projects he is or would like to get involved in. "Yeah, we all are (signed up for the sequel). I don’t think it’s a big secret. Nobody really knows anything, yeah. Warner Brothers wouldn’t have let us in the movie if we didn’t sign up for like 27 sequels", says Prinze Jr. "I’m fairly confident in their ability. Well, the cartoon has been on since 1969 and is one of the most popular cartoons in the world. And the marketing of the toys and merchandise is unbelievable, so I mean we’ve basically had trailers running for three decades. And so I think we’re going to be okay", he adds. "Probably a question for the writers and producers".

Prinze Jr also made clear he was upset about losing out to Tobey Maguire on "Spider-Man" but is hopeful a "Captain America" movie will be made. "Yeah. I would (do it) – are you kidding? I am a super hero in real life, so".

Prinze has also written a film himself. "It’s a family film. I don’t want to say too much about it ‘cuz it’s kind of – it’s just off center and I think people will be surprised by it", says Prinze Jr, who also wrote a draft of "X Men" at one stage. "I'll Just write it and direct it, but it’s kind of about a family and they start their own little miniature civil war with the business across the street, and it’s crap that we do".

He was also developing a comic. "I still am. I just have to – I can actually do it at any time. They said that it’s cool to do, I just have to get an artist, but I turned it into a television pilot. Also, that was where I started – that’s where I kind of started writing actual screenplays and things like that, and so now I want to sort of – I have a director who wants to be involved. This guy Paul Anderson who directed Resident Evil, wants to direct it, and then once I sell that, then I’d like to release the book and the movie, sort of come out around the same time so I can have as many people read the comics as possible.it’s a bunch of kids who at the same day, on the same time, they’re all born on the same day, March 8, which oddly enough happens to be my birthday. And they all become something. What, they don’t know, is that certain things happen and all of a sudden, the world sort of freaks out. So certain people convince us that this is a disease and it’s something that needs to be contained, whereas others say that this is simply the future. They’re called the templates, and that they’re the templates of what the future of humanity is all going to be, and so it kind of creates tension and this good guy’s name is Dr. Manual Brazen, he’s like a geneticist. He’s the one great pro template and he helps these kids like learn their powers and develop them and use them for good instead of evil and things like that. It’s very standard super hero story but one that I’ve always been fond of and a lot of my friends were interested."
Clint Morris - CEO

Edited By IkeaBoy on June 10 2002 at 5:44

- Kid Afrika - 06-10-2002

The people who are relatives of successful actors don't impress me. Unless, they are like Nicholas Cage and Emilio Estevez and change their names to truly make it on their own. Freddie Prinze only got on auditions because his was father was apparently well-liked in Hollywood. Sure, he had to be mediocre to keep the jobs, but that's how he got in. The only movie in which you'll see "Nicholas Coppola" is Fast Times...

- HedCold - 06-10-2002

to me freddie prinze jr seems like the next keanu reeves. just painful to watch

- Galt - 06-10-2002

Cage and Estevez could change their name all they want, it still wouldn't change the fact that everyone knows who their daddy is.

- Kid Afrika - 06-10-2002

well, they do now, but did they then?

Those were the only two examples I could think of, but you get my point. There's no way in hell that you don't know that Freddie Prinze, Jr.'s dad was Freddie Prinze.

- Galt - 06-10-2002

People in general might not have known who Cage was, but OF COURSE he used it (or it was used for him) to get roles at the start of his career. Estevez, Jolie, all those people.

- IkeaBoy - 06-11-2002

If this is true explain the appeal behind Joe Estevez.

- drusilla - 06-11-2002

Quote:to me freddie prinze jr seems like the next keanu reeves. just painful to watch

no, that would be paul walker.

check out point break, then check out the fast & the furious.

if you can waste 4 hours of your life without killing yourself.