CDIH
American Idol: The Search For A Superstar - The Newest In Reality - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: American Idol: The Search For A Superstar - The Newest In Reality (/showthread.php?tid=2122)

- IkeaBoy - 06-11-2002

Tonight FOX brings us American Idol: The Search for a Superstar, from 8:30 - 10 pm. Remember that show- Pop Stars on the WB that brought us the excellent Eden's Crush? It's essentially the same show but this time it's judged by a British guy who apparently is mean to the contestants (I think I saw some bleached blonde faggot in tears in the promo) and judged the British version of the same show.

In addition, I think the commercials said that the home viewers vote for who moves on to the next round. While the show will probably suck, it's fun to see hot teen girls have their dream shattered while they return home to cry, experiment with buliema, and eventually take a box cutter to their veins.

- Arthur Dent - 06-11-2002

Dude, in the UK it was called "Pop Stars". They changed the name because WB stole the name for their show. This is the one I was talking about in another thread where the one guy is a total bastard and just rips people apart and destroys their self-esteem. He's the only reason to watch this show.

- Kid Afrika - 06-11-2002

When has this shit ever worked? So many contestants have gone on Big Brother and Survivor with hopes of being "discovered" for their scary talent and being the next big star. Where are they now? Muddling about in utter obscurity, no doubt.

I've never heard of "Eden's Crush", so I'm not really sure what in the blue hell you are talking about there...

As for this Idol show, is this the one where the guy tells the people really mean/truthful shit about their performances? If so, the show might actually be funny.

- Arthur Dent - 06-11-2002

Quote:As for this Idol show, is this the one where the guy tells the people really mean/truthful shit about their performances? If so, the show might actually be funny.

Yes.

And the winner from the first season in the UK was named Will Young and he is now a "famous" singer with a real career in the UK. His stuff is played in the nightclubs and on the radio. Manufactured industry bullshit.

- Hey Ladi - 06-11-2002

Idol? :lol:

[Image: billy%20idol%20more.jpg]

- Kid Afrika - 06-11-2002

AD, I'm glad you put that in ""s.

Seems to me, no other country in the world has the level of star power that the US does. I mean, yeah there are famous people in other countries, but our famous people are often world-reknowned. For fuck's sake, who knew the Kylie Minogue was still making records until recently? I figured she dropped off the face of the planet like all of the other crossover stars from overseas.

- Kid Afrika - 06-12-2002

While I hold to my saying that the winner of this show has the same chance as any other fool to be a star... The show is actually pretty funny. I like watching the no talent idiots get what's coming to them. I always hated people who insisted they had talent, when it totally eluded them.

- IkeaBoy - 06-12-2002

I'm watching it now and this is actually quite funny. The british guy is kind of cool and it's nice to see them being complete assholes. Girls crying is always great. and black girls freaking out is cool too. ("Nuh-uh! You need lessons!")

Edited By IkeaBoy on June 12 2002 at 01:36

- Spitfire - 06-12-2002

British guy ruled! Funny show. I hope it stays this brutal...sometimes honesty is the best policy. These people needed to know that they sucked, real bad. And no amount of lessons will change the complete lack of talent they displayed.

Did you see that one chick and her Mom who followed the show across the country in a Greyhound only to sing like a fork caught in a sink disposal?

Edited By Spitfire on June 12 2002 at 11:23

- criticslovesnatch - 06-12-2002

best line:

do you have a singing coach?
do you have a lawyer?

go hire a lawyer and sue.

:rofl:

if that guy keeps doing that, i'll keep watching.

- virgingrrl - 06-13-2002

what i wonder is who convinced most of these people that they could actually sing? bunch of tone deaf mother fuckers. stop embarrassing yourselves.