CDIH
How funny is your family? lol lol lol - Didn't the griffins do this? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: How funny is your family? lol lol lol - Didn't the griffins do this? (/showthread.php?tid=2220)

- IkeaBoy - 06-19-2002

Quote:HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - ABC Family has ordered 13 episodes of "My Life as a Sitcom," a half-hour primetime reality series that will premiere in January.
A nationwide search for America's funniest family will be featured in the series, which culminates in the premiere of a scripted sitcom pilot starring the family.

Elsewhere at ABC Family, the weekend portion of the network's kids block will expand to five hours from two hours on both Saturdays and Sundays starting July 6. Two hours of kids programming will continue to air every weekday.

As of July 6, the kids block lineup throughout the week will incorporate such series as the latest incarnation of "Power Rangers," anime adventure series "Beyblade" and three different animated versions of "Spider-Man."

The utter disgust coursing through my veins over this and the awful, annoying buffet people that will be applying to this and will be on TV trying to be "funny." These midwestern rubes who are responsible for the terrible sitcoms on TV, craving the awful predictable jokes that gives some stability and answers to their useless lives.

Imagine the videos coming in. The examples of your "funny" family. Look at the dad with the weird hat! And look at the little brother dressed up all weird. He's pretending to be daddy in the big suit but at the end no matter how wacky they are you know they'll all love each other at the end.

The humor if any in these families will be the psychological abuse they reign on one another. The guilt trips, the denial, That's funny. Have one character being blamed for things he's never even thought about doing--watching it from the outside in will be hysterical to the viewers. Or if they just keep replacing the hideous people in the original family with really attractive people...then again molesting the pre-teen daughter should work too.

And imagine how awful the sitcom pilot is going to be. You have the awful family of horribly boring lame people doing the same jokes we've seen for decades but it's cute because they're real.

However, I can't wait to see the Richard Bey anime show. That just simply can't not rock.

Edited By IkeaBoy on June 19 2002 at 4:47

- Arthur Dent - 06-19-2002

Or the whole thing is a set-up and the "winning" family will come from L.A. and the series will be picked up for the following season.

- diceisgod - 06-19-2002

Quote:A nationwide search for America's funniest family will be featured in the series, which culminates in the premiere of a scripted sitcom pilot starring the family.

I suggest they look through old episodes of COPS.

- The Sleeper - 06-20-2002

My family isn't very funny at all