CDIH
Ozzy's sad? - Well bill cosby thinks so - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Ozzy's sad? - Well bill cosby thinks so (/showthread.php?tid=2233)

- PatCooper - 06-20-2002

This from todays daily news....

Quote:Cosby's No Fan
Of MTV's Ozzy
Comic says family is 'sad'

By STEPHEN BATTAGLIO
Daily News Staff Writer

ill Cosby, who headed America's favorite family in the 1980s on "The Cosby Show," doesn't think much of today's wildly popular reality TV clan, "The Osbournes."

"All of you [media] need to stop with this Ozzy Osbourne," the legendary comedian said in an interview that airs tonight on "Access Hollywood" (WNBC/Ch. 4, 7:30). "This is a sad, sad family. It is a sad case. The children are sad and the parents are sad. And this is not entertainment."

Curse Out 'The Osbournes:' 'Cosby Show' patriarch Bill Cosby says the media should tune out the profane exploits of Ozzy and his family.
"The Osbournes," which chronicles the home life of the addled heavy metal rocker, his wife and two of their children, became a surprise hit for MTV after its launch in March.

The Osbournes have since become regulars on talk shows, are heavily covered in magazines and have even been praised by conservative politicians who cite them as an example of a loving, united family. They are also guaranteed a $7 million payday from MTV for a second season of episodes.

But Cosby, who portrayed a funny but firm father on the NBC series that was the No. 1 prime-time show for four consecutive years, isn't impressed.

"I'm telling you that ["The Osbournes"] is a sad thing. It's like laughing at Tiny Tim," he said. "It is the kind of entertainment that you look at but wouldn't want in your home. And I don't like to look at things like that."

For those too young to remember, Tiny Tim (Herbert Khaury) was the ghoulish-looking singer and ukulele player who was briefly a TV fixture in the late '60s and had his wedding on "The Tonight Show."

An MTV spokesman had no response to Cosby's remarks.

Cosby is actually an extended member of the MTV family himself these days. Reruns of "The Cosby Show" air in prime time on Nick at Nite, which is part of MTV Networks. The series has become Nick at Nite's highest-rated program.

This self righteous prick!!! Bill, Ozzy isn't sad!!! He's a real fucking person. Unlike yourself. It sounds like you alittle jealous of his sucess. He has a top rated television show and you haven't had one in the past decade.Ozzy is a good dad in real life. Can you say the same thing? And if you dont like the show then dont watch it stupid. But dont try and push your opinion on everyone else.

- LZMF1 - 06-20-2002

Doctor Bill Cosby is a fucking douchebag, just look at the sweaters he wears.

- PatCooper - 06-20-2002

What is he a doctor of anyway? I know he played one on t.v.

- IkeaBoy - 06-20-2002

Like O&A said, Cosby's just upset that he's no longer in the spotlight and needed some specific person to bash and Ozzy was the perfect scapegoat. If Cosby had any steam, any idea, any quality left he would have a TV show on the air. He's a prominent black man and any network would give him the chance to make at least a pilot and chances are it wil get half a season committment because they don't want to seem racist.

And also like they said any show who's basis is destroying stereotypes isn't a good show! The Cosby show was awful and he just doesn't want to face facts that he's down and out.

- LZMF1 - 06-20-2002

he was "given" a doctors degree. but no, he's just a rich no-talent retard.

- PatCooper - 06-20-2002

Quote:Like O&A said,

Who's that?????????????:rofl:

- LZMF1 - 06-20-2002

i'll take the osbournes over the cosby show anytime. at least ozzy is funny.

- Keyser Soze - 06-20-2002

Jeez, who pooped in his pudding pop?

- LZMF1 - 06-20-2002

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

- IkeaBoy - 06-20-2002

You know I re-read the article and just got this line showing the OUT RIGHT STUPIDITY OF DAILY NEWS WRITERS!!!

Quote:"I'm telling you that ["The Osbournes"] is a sad thing. It's like laughing at Tiny Tim," he said. "It is the kind of entertainment that you look at but wouldn't want in your home. And I don't like to look at things like that."

For those too young to remember, Tiny Tim (Herbert Khaury) was the ghoulish-looking singer and ukulele player who was briefly a TV fixture in the late '60s and had his wedding on "The Tonight Show."
WRONG TINY TIM DOUCHE BAGS!!!

- LZMF1 - 06-20-2002

Quote:And I don't like to look at things like that
but he did and commented about it.

- Galt - 06-20-2002

Cosby has his Ph. D in funny

- Arthur Dent - 06-20-2002

Bill Cosby = old, lame and completely out of touch with the real world.

This is the guy who invented Fat Albert, but bought The Little Rascals so he could keep it from ever being shown on TV again for being racist!

- LZMF1 - 06-20-2002

Quote:Cosby has his Ph. D in funny
it should be revoked. that fucker hasn't been funny since the 70's

Edited By LZMF1 on June 20 2002 at 5:20

- PatCooper - 06-21-2002

Quote:This is the guy who invented Fat Albert, but bought The Little Rascals so he could keep it from ever being shown on TV again for being racist!

I dont know about you but i have seen some Little Rascal's on cable. I think on AMC. And they aren't racist they are fucking funny. Something Bill can't understand.

- IkeaBoy - 06-21-2002

Quote:This is the guy who invented Fat Albert, but bought The Little Rascals so he could keep it from ever being shown on TV again for being racist!

hmmm

- Galt - 06-21-2002

SUCKER!!!!!!

- PatCooper - 06-21-2002

Quote:WRONG TINY TIM DOUCHE BAGS!!!

You mean there were two of these creatures around?

[Image: hand-on-chin.jpg]