CDIH
Cue, bin , rar,, zip,, - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Cue, bin , rar,, zip,, (/showthread.php?tid=2255)

Pages: 1 2

- onehung - 06-22-2002

Recently I got a couple of games off the net.. HOW the Fuck do I play them lol ?? One game I get" Is not a valid 32 application"
One game has a bin file and a cue file,, Which one of those fuckers opens the goods?? the bin file is huge, the cue file is just a little bastard. But neither one let me play the game..

Ive fucked around with winrar creating self extracting exes and all that shit but I can't figure it out.

Help please

- Sephiroth - 06-22-2002

BIN and CUE files are not executables (meaning you cant just play them right after downloading them). Real simple solution. Go to google.com and do a search on a program called "Fireburner". Download and Install it, then load the Cuesheet by clicking "File > Load Tracks from Cuesheet". After it is loaded, it will mount the bin in the CD-R drive, then just burn it. When the CD is done, it will be the actual CD-Rom of the game (meaning it is a copy of the CD you would normally purchase). Install the game from that disc, and play it.

- Keyser Soze - 06-22-2002

Nero does a great job of burning CD images as well.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 06-22-2002

Or you could just download Daemon-Tools to mount the image as a virtual cd rom drive.

- onehung - 06-22-2002

Thanks,I'll have to checkit out when I get my FUCKING MIND BACK!!!!!!!! I'm using my new puter now woo fucking hoo,,and I'm trying to format the disk on the other one.. command prompt ....Format C:

sounds simple enough, BUT THE FUCKING THING WONT LET ME!! what The fuck else is using the disk that it cant lock the fucking thing,I endtasked everyfucking thing I could, uninstalled everyfucking program on it,,tried installing a new version over it and NOTHING... NOTHING.....

Um if anybody has any tips on how to format a disk,,could ya respond?? I'll be here sucking my thumb Confuseduicide:

- Kid Afrika - 06-22-2002

Are you trying to format a Win2K machine?

- onehung - 06-22-2002

yes......*I don't have aim installed yet on this one either

Edited By onehung on June 22 2002 at 7:56

- Galt - 06-22-2002

make sure you delete AOL.exe before you do that.

- Kid Afrika - 06-23-2002

create the 4 disk boot set from the win2k cd (makeboot.exe), then boot the machine with disk #1 in the floppy drive. this will prompt you to install win2k, and you can then choose to format the drive.

since win2k doesn't run on a dos shell, format c: doesn't work. you can't format a disk while your operating system is running on that disk.

oh, and stop using AIM, go get Trillian

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.trillian.cc">http://www.trillian.cc</a><!-- m -->

- onehung - 06-23-2002

Quote:this will prompt you to install win2k, and you can then choose to format the drive.
I tried that allready...didnt work. When i got to press c for format and blah blah blah D for blah blah f3 for blah blah,,,I'll give it another shot ......I'm somewhat stable now,, Thanks

- onehung - 06-23-2002

Theres gotta be an easier way....The disks didnt work either. It starts the install process, then gives me some bullshit about files being corrupted and to use the emergengy repair function and to do this and that and press c and d and f and it still comes out to fucking shit,,,,cannot lock drive. fucking piece of shit .jesus christ this shit is aggrevating

press F8 for boot options when the computer is booting up, then select boot to command prompt, try formatting from there. but, I don't think it's going to work.

- onehung - 06-23-2002

[quote]then select boot to command prompt,

I didnt see that option

- Hummercash - 06-23-2002

k, boot off the win2k cd and press enter, f8 if u agree w/ all that legal bullshit, etc. and when u get to the 'create partition' screen just delete all the partitions you see (im pretty sure u press 'd' then 'L')... now hit 'C' to create new partition and either use all available space or enter the size u want to create. once that is done, proceed w/ installation (format is the next step in the setup process... i suggest you select NTFS). questions, comments? you know how to reach me...

btw, wuz it my jk2 bin/cue u didn't know how to burn?

.//chris

- onehung - 06-23-2002

Yea, Itried that too, and it won't let me delete the partition... I ended up with 2 versions of w2k on the drive,,one ntfs,,and the original fat 32. now when the computer boots I have an option to load either one, but I still cant format the damn thing..........And yes it was j2k,,I winrared the living shit out of it, I got it saved to a disk*just copied in smaller pieces to a disk*:thumbs-up:

Its possible,This might be working,,its converting what I had before to ntfs. Still nogo with the D button

Edited By onehung on June 23 2002 at 06:31

- LZMF1 - 06-23-2002

CDR-Win can be found at GoldenHawk.com

fireburner uses cue and bin files and so do several others. i personally like cdr-win

download the trail version which will allow you to burn at 1X.

when you go to burn the game, click on the icon that is on the top lefthand side (kinda looks like a disc with a line pointing to it)and click on load "cuesheet"

then click start recording....

somebody didn't read the thread... Rolleyes

- LZMF1 - 06-23-2002

lol. ok i read the entire thread...........

still my reply may actually help onehung burn the image onto a disc

- onehung - 06-23-2002

Quote:. and when u get to the 'create partition' screen just delete all the partitions you see (im pretty sure u press 'd' then 'L')... now hit 'C' to create new partition
Eventually that ended up working, after I loaded windows one more time then changed the disk from dynamic to simple, then reformatted the disk twice....anyways,,,its all good now. thanks for the help guys.:bow: :bow: