CDIH
Anyone familiar with virtual dub? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Anyone familiar with virtual dub? (/showthread.php?tid=2265)

Pages: 1 2

- Sephiroth - 06-23-2002

I have a AVI file which is 712mb. Because of the size, I cannot burn it to a CDR. So what I want to do is run it thru virtualdub, strip the audio track, reduce the frequency of the audio track (thereby reducing the file size), rejoin it to the video and shave off those 12 MB's and allow me to burn it to CD-R.

Anybody?

- Kid Afrika - 06-23-2002

have you tried to burn it on different types of disks?

I've successfully burned disks with that much data, using roxio and total shit CDRs.

- barch97 - 06-23-2002

Someone suggested to me a few weeks ago, when I had a similar problem, burning as a vcd. I have not had the motivation to pay for or search out a cracked copy of a burner that does this. Not sure if it will even work... but, sounds a whole fuckin' lot faster and easier than what you're planning.

- Sephiroth - 06-23-2002

Quote:have you tried to burn it on different types of disks? I've successfully burned disks with that much data, using roxio and total shit CDRs.

So far, I've tried it with Nero Burning Rom, Easy CD Creator 5, and a shitload of other Burning programs that supposedly support over-burning, with no luck.

Quote:Someone suggested to me a few weeks ago, when I had a similar problem, burning as a vcd. I have not had the motivation to pay for or search out a cracked copy of a burner that does this. Not sure if it will even work... but, sounds a whole fuckin' lot faster and easier than what you're planning.

I burn at least 20 VCd's a month, so I know how to do this. But this movie is 3 hours. To burn it as a VCD, I would have to encode it to a MPEG Layer 1 format, split the file 3 ways, then burn each peice to a seperate CDR to complete the whole movie. That is a hell of alot more painful than what I want to do.

- Kid Afrika - 06-24-2002

You are the master of all you survey, and yet you can't overburn 12mb? We are trying to help you. The least you could do is not get all indignant with us. :-D:-p:-D

- Sephiroth - 06-24-2002

Quote:You are the master of all you survey, and yet you can't overburn 12mb? We are trying to help you. The least you could do is not get all indignant with us. :-D:-p:-D

OH, YOU'LL KNOW WHEN I GET INDIGNANT WITH YOU, PEON.

- LZMF1 - 06-24-2002

if you had a DVD burner you could do it easily

- Sephiroth - 06-24-2002

Quote:if you had a DVD burner you could do it easily

$500 DVD-Burner + $8 DVD-R's = A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY.

NOW IM BEING INDIGNANT GODDAMMIT<font color="white">

Edited By Sephiroth on June 23 2002 at 9:56

- diceisgod - 06-24-2002

Buy it you cheap douche.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 06-24-2002

And besides converting everything to MPEG-1 will take a long ass time unless he has a p4 or athlon xp.

- Sephiroth - 06-24-2002

Quote:Buy it you cheap douche.

George Lucas, IN HIS INFINITE FUCKING WISDOM, has decided not to release "The Empire Strikes Back" on DVD. So Shut up.

- Zootybang - 06-24-2002

Seriously, I consider myself a fairly Intelligent person, but where the hell do you guys learn this stuff? I read these threads In hopes of learning something, and I end up with a glazed-over stare, wondering where the last 5 minutes went.

- LZMF1 - 06-24-2002

Quote:$500 DVD-Burner + $8 DVD-R's = A COMPLETE WASTE OF MONEY.

NOW IM BEING INDIGNANT GODDAMMIT
nope my pioneer dvd burner came in my sony vaio rx580.
i get DVDs at 5 bucks a pop and sometimes cheaper. plus i can afford it.

my previous statement was just a mere recommendation.

if you want set me up with the iso and i'll make you a copy.

now you can proceed to be indignant.
:-p

- Kid Afrika - 06-24-2002

Quote:I read these threads In hopes of learning something, and I end up with a glazed-over stare, wondering where the last 5 minutes went.
Yeah, but you rock on guitar. I can only play "Smoke on the Water".

- Sephiroth - 06-24-2002

IF SOMEONE DONT MAKE WITH THE HELPING, IM GONNA FUCK MAYNARD RIGHT IN THE EAR.

RIGHT IN THE GODDAMN EAR.

- fbd - 06-24-2002

but he'd like that...

- The Sleeper - 06-24-2002

Penis in ear = Dance all Night?

- AdolescentMasturbator - 06-24-2002

Is that supposed to be a threat?

- Galt - 06-24-2002

YUO NEED MORE PROCESSORS!!!!!

- The Sleeper - 06-24-2002

switching to Linux is always the way to go.