CDIH
Oh happy day...... - Oh happy day...yankees in first.... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Oh happy day...... - Oh happy day...yankees in first.... (/showthread.php?tid=2267)

- PollyannaFlower46 - 06-24-2002

Its about damn time!!

Read Me

- diceisgod - 06-24-2002

Quote:PollyannaFlower46
You are either a women or a faggot both of which lie on a lower rung in the social scema of life.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 06-24-2002

Quote:You are either a women or a faggot both of which lie on a lower rung in the social scema of life.

Aww you must be a Boston fan

- NaughtyAngel - 06-24-2002

i hate working for the sox but i love my yankees!!!!!!

- PollyannaFlower46 - 07-01-2002

Just wanted to remind the Sox fans of the board that they're now two games behind us.....
:bouncer:

- Arpikarhu - 07-01-2002

:bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer: :bouncer:

- Tenbatsuzen - 07-01-2002

I'd also like to point out to the Red Sox fans who constantly whine bitch moan about 1986...

The only reason Buckner had the error is because there was a wild pitch to tie the game in the first place in game 6...

You were up 3-0 in Game 7 and At 6-5 in the eighth inning, you had a man on second with none out.

Face it, the Red Sox suck! Smile

- Galt - 07-01-2002

When was the last time you ever saw anyone whine/bitch/moan about 1986?

Everyone and their brother knows that Buckner wasn't the one to blame. Stanley and Schiraldi are the goats, and I posted as such less than a week ago.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 07-01-2002

Excuse me, but this is an oh happy day thread, not a fighting about 1986 thread...besides, if you're going to throw around a year, 1918 is better. ;-)

- Tenbatsuzen - 07-01-2002

Bob Costas brought up a funny thing - A Red Sox championship victory hasn't even been BROADCAST, because 1918 was even before RADIO.

- Sean Cold - 07-01-2002

Quote:Jays Trade Mondesi to Yanks
For Minor Leaguer Wiggins

The New York Yankees acquired outfielder Raul Mondesi from the Toronto Blue Jays for a minor league pitcher Monday night, hoping the slumping slugger can give them production in a position that's been lagging this season.
The AL East-leading Yankees, already topping the majors in homers and runs scored, have failed to find a replacement for the retired right fielder Paul O'Neill.

Shane Spencer and John Vander Wal have not hit as well as expected while playing in right, and Rondell White has not done as well as anticipated in left.

Mondesi, 31, has hit at least 24 home runs in seven straight years. He has 15 homers and 45 RBIs this season, but is batting only .224.

Mondesi is a strong defensive player, known for an exceptional arm. Last week, he criticized new Blue Jays manager Carlos Tosca after being benched.

"Our outfield has been depleted and when Joe (manager Torre) needs something, I'm going to do everything I can to get it for him," Yankees owner George Steinbrenner said. "And the way our fans are supporting us day after day, I've got to step forward for them, too."

And, as usual, the rich get richer. I am a die hard yankee fan but this trade just reeks. Raul has underachieved for the better part of 5 years. I understand the Yanks wanted another outfielder but there were much cheaper and more productive options available for them to take advantage of.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 07-02-2002

At least he didn't trade David Wells again :loveya:

- Galt - 07-02-2002

I can't believe Mondesi is only 31. Hasn't he been around forever? He should be in his mid 30s. It's amazing how someone can get get washed up so quickly

- HedCold - 07-02-2002

at least he has a good arm compared to all the other yankee outfielders. bernie williams and rondell white have NO arm.

- Austin - 07-02-2002

As happy as I am with the Yankees current first place standing, I am still concerned with the fact that they have stopped playing smaller ball and fundamental baseball of moving runners over and have opted to depend on the Homerun for their wins. As good as 1st place seems I hate to see what happens if the power well dries up.

- Keyser Soze - 07-02-2002

The Yanks should have gone after Floyd or Giles instead. Who knows, almost every player (except Rondell White) that the Yanks touch seems to turn to gold so maybe they will make lemonade out of that lemon Mondesi.

- DGW - 07-02-2002

Mondesi should flourish with the Yanks. He's a career .280 hitter with good pop and good speed, with an absolute cannon of in arm in rifghtfield. I like the move. A Double A pitcher??? I hear Wiggins is good but to get Giles you would have had to given up a hell of a lot more.

- criticslovesnatch - 07-02-2002

im a bit wary about the mondesi deal, but its pretty much no risk because they gave up jack shit for him. all they have to do is pay half his contract and ship out a prospect, when for Floyd it would have been much more. it comes down to the possibility of a lot of reward for very little risk. we'll see.