CDIH
Mlb all stars - Who won't torre pick from the yankees? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Mlb all stars - Who won't torre pick from the yankees? (/showthread.php?tid=2290)

Pages: 1 2

- HedCold - 06-25-2002

torre is pushing that 'if you pitch the sunday before the game i won't select you rule' again, which is and always will be messed up.

from an espn.com article about possible all stars on a team
Quote:New York Yankees
Candidates: Bernie Williams, Jason Giambi, Alfonso Soriano, Derek Jeter, Jorge Posada, Robin Ventura, Mariano Rivera, Steve Karsay, Roger Clemens, Mike Mussina, Marcus Thames, Dooley Womack, Bennie Bengough, and the pitcher from the "Bad News Bears" Yankees who got slapped by his dad
bad news bears references get me everytime

but anyway, who you think is going to be fucked over this year and not selected?
so far barry zito seems to be one of them

- Galt - 06-25-2002

He'll take Ventura, since HILLENBRAND will be starting.

- Arpikarhu - 06-25-2002

you gotta throw the Sox a bone because there mid season collapse has started

- HedCold - 06-25-2002

Quote:He'll take Ventura, since HILLENBRAND will be starting.
he might not take ventura because of what troy glaus is doing

- Galt - 06-25-2002

Yeah, throw the Sox a bone, like having at least 3 starters, and possibly 7 all stars: (Manny, Hillenbrand, Lowe, Urbina, Damon, Pedro, Nomar) though since they have that many people, Nomar probably won't named unless a ballot-stuffing occurs and he overtakes Arod, and Pedro might get named, but if he does, he probably won't participate

- The Sleeper - 06-26-2002

I think Darryl Kile will be robbed for some silly reason like he's dead.

- Galt - 06-26-2002

I be thet sun will rise tomorrow and all the All Star game they'll have a touching tribute where they show slow-motion pictures of a happy undead guy with soft piano music playing in the background (or a contemporary power ballad).

I bet also someone will say "It makes you realize how precious life is and how we all need to live life to the fullest"

And I bet they don't mention how sometimes the good guys like Kile, smoke a lot a pot.

That's ok thought, cause he NEVER complained about the altitude in Colorado...I mean EVER!

- Galt - 06-26-2002

NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't you even fucking bring that up. Don't even hint about it. Not even in jest. He never did that!!!!

I will go on record right now as saying that Darryl Kile was the greatest, most humble person ever to walk the face of the earth.

- Arpikarhu - 06-26-2002

Quote:Darryl Kile was the greatest, most humble person ever to walk the face of the earth
YEAH!! fuck that Gahndi guy!!! Mother Theresa couldnt carry Kile's jock!!

- GonzoStyle - 06-26-2002

What sucks is the fact that too many times people get in on name recognition only. When it is put in the hands of fans that happens. Cause you'll get so many people who just like taking online tests and participating in quizes and polls so they vote. Problem is many times they have no idea who to vote for so they will go on name recognition.

How does Griffey Jr even make this years ballot? You'll get people who will always vote for the names they hear on sportscenter. Bonds, Ichiro, etc. Not that they don't belong both are great. But then people who are having outstanding years get fucked like say Tori Hunter who is having a great season and should be in the starting outfield. Even established stars like Vlad Guerrero who any fan knows is a star player but he's unfortunatly not a super star player. Junior Spivey if he wasn't on the DL should have atleast been in contention to start at 2nd cause of the season he is having but he'd probably not even get on the team.

Luis Castillo will probably make it not cause of the play during his hit streak but cause of the press during his hit streak. Because he became a household name. If he hit in 15 straight and then missed in one game and hit in 20 more straight he'd probably not even be on sportscenter much and wouldn't be in contention probably.

As far as the pitching situation. The all-star game is supposed to be about fun and getting to see the best play. Zito is having a great year and I think he could pitch atleast 1 inning if not 2. I know the managers wanna win but when you start treating it like game 7 of the series it's a bit much.

- Arpikarhu - 06-26-2002

Quote:Vlad Guerrero who any fan knows is a star player but he's unfortunatly not a super star player
if he had anyone hitting behind him , he would be

- Sean Cold - 06-26-2002

Quote:if he had anyone hitting behind him , he would be

Negroids in Harlem have more protection against childhood pregnancy than Vlad has in that lineup. I love the fact that Grif Jr is fourth for National League OF. Fuckin mindless idiots.

- Arpikarhu - 06-26-2002

if Vlad had one decent hitter behind him he would be in the top 20 of greatest players ever. the guy is a 5 tools player

say it with me everyone....JOSE VIDRO

- Arpikarhu - 06-26-2002

vidro sucks and only hits well because they pitch around vlad to get to him

- Galt - 06-26-2002

Jose Vidro is a great hitter. You're a retard.

- Arpikarhu - 06-26-2002

Quote:Jose Vidro is a great hitter. You're a retard.
if vlad was no hitting in front of him he would be a slightly above average hitter. dont let the fact that you are .5 games back get you so riled up my sweet

- Galt - 06-26-2002

I'm actually two games up on you shitballs.

and Vidro is one of the top 5 2B in the game

- Arpikarhu - 06-26-2002

Quote:I'm actually two games up on you shitballs.

and Vidro is one of the top 5 2B in the game
i meant the sox, tool.
as for vidro, enh.