CDIH
Affleck & damon but what's your fav? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Affleck & damon but what's your fav? (/showthread.php?tid=2352)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 06-28-2002

With Ben Affleck staring in 'Sum Of All Fears' and Matt Damon in 'The Bourne Identity'. Plus with the upcoming release of Brosnan in the new James Bond movie, The spy/military action genre is in full view once more.

What's are your fav's in this genre?

Ofcourse you gotta have bond at the top of your list.

One of the better bond films was naturally Goldfinger. But one of the beest and one of the handful which were truest to the character was 'On her majesty's secret service' staring George Lazenby in his only bond movie. Lazenby did a great job as bond and the story was excellent.

Another is the films staring the character Affleck portrayed which is Jack Ryan. No matter what anyone says I prefered Alec Baldwin in Red October.

With numerous people playing the same character here's a BONUS QUESTION.

Who is your favorite Bond?
Pick from Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, & Pierce Brosnan.

Who is your favorite Jack Ryan?
Pick from Alec Baldwin, Harrison Ford, Ben Affleck.

It's tough between Connery & Brosnan. Brosnan is the truest to the character out of the two, he is bond. But you gotta go with the original so I pick Connery.

Ford was great don't get me wrong, I just prefer Baldwin to Ford. Baldwin did a better job, while ford embodied the character better though.

- Buttmunch - 06-28-2002

I prefer thusthen for everything.

:toast: :poke: :thumbs-up:

- Galt - 06-28-2002

Don't give a rats ass about Bond.

Haven't seen either of the new Affleck or Damon movies, but as an actor I'd have to say Affleck.

He's had some cooler roles. Damon's only good one (aside from Will Hunting) was Rounders. Everything else he's been in has pretty much been crap.

Plus, if I were a broad or a poofta, Affleck would be my kind of guy.

As a person, Affleck is much more of a pinko openly, so if push came to shove as to which one would get murdered, I'd spare Damon.

Quote:I prefer thusthen for everything.

I prefer whoremoan but you don't see me kickin, wiseman.

- HedCold - 06-28-2002

i'm dissapointed galt didn't turn this into a thread about johnny damon

- Galt - 06-28-2002

I would be lying if I said the thought didn't cross my mind as I was typing.

- Arpikarhu - 06-28-2002

Quote:Affleck would be my kind of guy
fag

Quote:Plus, if I were a broad or a poofta

poofta.... may you be raped in a dark alley by an escaped Aids clinic patient named fushaun and his 14 inch cock.

- IkeaBoy - 06-28-2002

Connery's the best bond followed by Bronsan. Though OHMSS was probably the most dramatic and adult of the bond films.

Baldwin was by far the best Jack Ryan. Affleck was too boring and Ford didn't work for me- he was too old and only played Ryan as an action hero.

One of my favorite spy films of recent years was the excellent Brosnan/Rush flick The Tailor of Panama.

As for AFfleck V Damon, personally I think I like Affleck better. I think he's a better actor, has had better roles and if i were gay I'd think Affleck is more handsome.

- SLASH - 06-28-2002

Quote:Damon's only good one (aside from Will Hunting) was Rounders. Everything else he's been in has pretty much been crap.

What about The Talented Mr. Ripley?

As Bond, I gotta go with Moore.

I hate the Jack Ryan series - all snoozefests.

- Galt - 06-28-2002

Playing a poofta is never a good role

- SLASH - 06-28-2002

So, are you looking into a new life role?

- IkeaBoy - 06-28-2002

Quote:As Bond, I gotta go with Moore.
Moore was too goofy and dumpy for Bond.

- SLASH - 06-28-2002

Well, Ikea, since it was my opinion, I can't be wrong, but, thanks for sharing.

- IkeaBoy - 06-28-2002

Quote:Well, Ikea, since it was my opinion, I can't be wrong, but, thanks for sharing.
I know, and I'm stating my opinion as to why I was not a fan of Moore.

- Gooch - 06-28-2002

Bond: Sean Connery. I like Pierce, but, not as Bond. He plays it to close to the vest. Tailor of Panama is where Bronson actually shows off more suave flair, though as a baddie, than he has ever as Bond. IT's a shame. Bond needs some level of nastiness. This panache shit is for the birds.

Damon: Is the far better actor. He actually attempts to act. Affleck just plays himself. Damon, I thought, was good in The Rainmaker, Talented Mr. Ripley, & Good Will Hunting. All Ben Affleck wants to do is be Ben Affleck reading some lines. I don't see any transformation or embodiment of any type of character but his own ego.

Jack Ryan: Baldwin. Harrison Ford just likes comfortable roles where he can play the same character...himself, over and over. This guy hasn't stretched since he played Mr. Obnxoious in Working Girl. Alec Baldwin, who is horrendous at picking scripts, has done a few great films: Miami Blues (very underrated), Hunt for Red October, and 11 great minutes in Glengarry Glen Ross.

Fav movies of the genre: Three Days of the Condor, Parallax View, Marathon Man....are the true greats of the genre. Hunt for Red October is the only one that I can think of that cuts the mustard these days. The old Bonds are great too.

- SLASH - 06-28-2002

Quote:I know, and I'm stating my opinion as to why I was not a fan of Moore.

By telling me that my opinion was wrong. I don't like your attitude.

- Gooch - 06-28-2002

Me neither. Moore sucks ass though. He was better as the Saint.

:fucking:

- Sloatsburgh - 06-28-2002

LION FACE, LEMON FACE, LION FACE, LEMON FACE,...

- Skitchr4u - 06-28-2002

affleck was the bomb in phantoms