CDIH
That 80's Show - Eh? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: That 80's Show - Eh? (/showthread.php?tid=236)

Pages: 1 2

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

OK, it's exactly as I figured it would be. I love 80's shit, and that part is pretty cool. But where the fuck is the plot of the episode? It's non-existant.
The characters have had NO development at all. I know it's only the first episode, but isn't that where you're supposed to learn about them?

So far, I'm not happy, but I'll watch for now because the music and references rock!

- IkeaBoy - 01-24-2002

my complaint is that from the commercials it seems to be nothing but references to the 80s without any care to the characters ...or comedy. It's like "let's forsake any cool characters or good writing to slip in a wacky Caja Goo goo reference"

70s Show were good characters who happened to be in the 70s, from what I can tell 80s Show is the 80s with characters to say 80s references.

- Keyser Soze - 01-24-2002

i just turned it on, anyone for dynasty shots?

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

"No it's not a pay-phone, it's a portable phone. Hear the ice?"

- IkeaBoy - 01-24-2002

Keyser Soze Wrote:i just turned it on, anyone for dynasty shots?
they didn't kill that one with the commercials, nope nope

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

OK, the punk chick is fuckin hot.

- IkeaBoy - 01-24-2002

Maynard Wrote:OK, the punk chick is fuckin hot.
two things about the punk chick. I thought she was hot from the commercials because I go for the punk/goth look. Secondly, looking her up, she plays Laney the pretty ugly girl in this year's Not Another Teen Movie and was really hot in this month's (or last month's) "Stuff"

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

Yeah Ikea, thanks for telling us her name so we can go look at her pictures. Or better yet, you wouldn't want to post links or anything. That would be too helpful.

- IkeaBoy - 01-24-2002

Her name is Chyler Leigh, she's 19

here is the filmography and here is the stuff layout with her and Mia Kirshner who plays Mandy the hot terorrist on 24

Edited By IkeaBoy on Jan. 23 2002 at 8:36

- fbd - 01-24-2002

that show SUCKED.no plot, no real characters.its like an snl sketch gone long and horribly wrong.it is JUST 80s jokes, nothing else.horrible show

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

Gee thanks asshead.

Stuff Pictures Here because Ikea is too fucking lazy

- IkeaBoy - 01-24-2002

I posted it at 8:34!!!

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

IkeaBoy Wrote:I posted it at 8:34!!!
PFFT! You used your mod trickery!

- IkeaBoy - 01-24-2002

Maynard Wrote:
Quote:I posted it at 8:34!!!
PFFT! You used your mod trickery!
no tricks, they were posted at 834

- Dryblood - 01-24-2002

I wanted to see it tonoght but i got tied up w/ bullshit but from the reviews here i dont think i missed much. Confusednooze:

- Rape Fantasizer - 01-24-2002

I was going to watch it, but I forgot, looks like a good thing I did.

- Skitchr4u - 01-24-2002

damn ps2, it made me miss a bad show! but at least i got to see the pictures of hte hot girl...thank you ikea (and you too maynard)

- IkeaBoy - 01-24-2002

how about those scenes in the record store and the woman who owns it. She only wishes had half the talent of alkey

- Flock of Moosen - 02-10-2002

The only good thing about this awful show is Brittany Daniel who plays the bi-sexual Sophia.
Check her out here Stuff Magazine

- IkeaBoy - 02-10-2002

I watch That 80s Show in fact, much to my dismay, I watch it everyweek despite the near tangible awfulness quality the show has. While I definitely think that Chyler Leigh (Tuesday) is hotter than the bisexual girl who, maybe it's just me, seems like she's coked out all the time, Tuesday (punk girl) is without a doubt a cunt. While in most will they won't they scenerios like Sam/Diane on Cheers and Dave/Maddie on Moonlighting the characters in this Average guy whose name I don't recall/Tuesday neither of them have good qualities. However while the guy is flat out boring, the punk girl is just a bitch. What bothers me most of all is not that the father on the show could be funny if you gave him a talking bunny but the fact that I will record it every week and subsequently watch it.