CDIH
Remakes and more remakes - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Remakes and more remakes (/showthread.php?tid=2379)

- IkeaBoy - 06-29-2002

If there's anything that can make a movie more gooder it's remaking it with a bigger budget and the god Box Office.

The most recent offenses in the remake category include Michael Bay's remaking of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre because he wants to make it more hip (?) and LESS gory(!!!! the original wasn't even that gory!!!). This time it stars Jessica Biel the really really hot oldest daughter from 7th Heaven which is just another of the huge mistakes- if your remaking a classic low budget feature do not make your cast people we've masturbated to before.

Another classic movie being remade is Guess Who's Coming to Dinner starring Bernie Mac. Never saw the original but know the basic plot. Might work, who knows.

Anyway, what films would you like to see remake and what films do you fear the remake of?

- Sean Cold - 06-29-2002

I loved the remake of Ocean's 11 but never saw the original nor do I care to.

I would love to see a remake of Blade Runner for some reason. I just hink they can do a much better job now with the available technology.

I hope to god that I never in my lifetime see a breakfest Club remake. it may make me sick to my fuckin stomach in the long run.

- IkeaBoy - 06-29-2002

Quote:I would love to see a remake of Blade Runner for some reason. I just hink they can do a much better job now with the available technology.
I was actually thinking about that with Minority Report's release (both being based on Dick's works) and I still think the Blade Runner effects hold up today and are some of the best on screen ever.

- Sean Cold - 06-30-2002

as long as you can get past the absolute shitty irish accent that Richard Gere fails miserably at, The Jackyl is a really good remake of Day of the Jackyl. This is probally Willis' best role in years, sans The Sixth Sense.And, since alot of you make no sense to me, Jack Black is in it so thats enough to make 75% of the board love this movie as well just for him.

- Arthur Dent - 07-02-2002

There's a plan to remake Mary Poppins as "Maria Poppins" about a Hispanic magical nanny in a rich white home in Beverly Hills. Everyone working at Disney pictures should be taken out and shot. That's just ONE of their own classics they plan to rape because they ran out of new ideas.

A lot of the classic sci-fi had great stories, but really bad special effects. Like "The Day the Earth Stood Still" and "War of the Worlds". But, I don't think they would be as entertaining today if they were re-made. (Though I have heard that Tom Cruise wants to remake War of the Worlds and star in it.)

- CrimsonKing - 07-04-2002

I'd like to see a remake of War of the Worlds. Just updated special effects, but no change to the script.

- Tenbatsuzen - 07-04-2002

I'd actually prefer the classics to stay that way - classic.

Remember when Psycho was remade? AWFUL.

Personally, I'd like to see lesser-known movies remade. Ocean's 11 was a great remake because not many people were familiar with the original material, as was the case with Psycho.

I personally think Howling could be a great re-make. I love horror movies, and I think a Howling remake with a CGI/Real makeup mix could rock.

- Arthur Dent - 07-04-2002

If you read the original book of War of the Worlds, you'd find out it is set in Victorian London at the end of th 19th century. Before the invention of the automobile.

The Orson Wells black and white movie is a masterpiece, but it is set just after WWII. If they do a remake, it should be set in the time of the book. Doing a modern version would be pointless. I believe it was already done and called Independence Day.

- IkeaBoy - 07-04-2002

I know Welles did the radio broadcast of WotW but I don't think he had anything to do with any movie version and if I remember correctly, the Gene Barry version is in color.

- Tenbatsuzen - 07-04-2002

Orson Welles?

Um, he did it right the first time.

:-D

- Arthur Dent - 07-06-2002

Quote:the Gene Barry version is in color.

damn, I thought that was more of Ted Turner's crappy colorization garbage. Could have sworn Welles was involved in that film somehow. Oh, well.