CDIH
The return on my tumor......... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: The return on my tumor......... (/showthread.php?tid=2413)

- Ken'sPen - 07-02-2002

I think I have an impending migraine attack,
my eyes have bright flashes and I can't focus...
usually this precedes a killer migraine....
I took some tylenol...
any other advice?

- Luna - 07-02-2002

Decapitate yourself. :-D

- Hey Ladi - 07-02-2002

cold washcloth on your eyes & lay down

....... this is best done at home, if you can make it there, before it hits

- Ken'sPen - 07-02-2002

I'd let you do it for me......
give me the Praying mantis treatment, you vixen.

- Sluggo - 07-02-2002

I can sympathize with you...
Caffiene usually helps me when one is coming on...Tylenol doesn't do shit for me...
I take 3 or four alieve...
Then I lock myself in my room in the dark and wimper till I fall asleep.

- Hey Ladi - 07-02-2002

My right hand goes nimb, then I have tunnel vision & trouble focusing

Usually happens if I get real stressed out about something
::knock on wood:: hasn't happened in awhile

Edited By Hey Ladi on July 02 2002 at 11:04

- Ken'sPen - 07-02-2002

I am too far from home to make it.....
the center of my field of vision is just a bright unfocused glare...
I will seek other types of meds.

- Maynard - 07-02-2002

Dude....it's a stroke!

- Spitfire - 07-02-2002

UGH! There's nothing worse than trying to drive home with a migraine! :crackhead:
Take 3 Alleve, drink a couple cups of coffee and if you have it, take a Claritan. That usually works for me.

- Ken'sPen - 07-02-2002

can't go home yet...
had some excedrin migraine in my desk drawer.....
drinking coffee,
seems to be helping.

- Arthur Dent - 07-02-2002

This might help.

- Sluggo - 07-02-2002

I'm making an appointment.

- Hey Ladi - 07-02-2002

Quote:Remember, only your brain stands in your way of your happiness.
:rofl:

[Image: inca.gif]

Edited By Hey Ladi on July 02 2002 at 12:53

- Maynard - 07-02-2002

Trepanation ROCKS THE HOUSE!!!

What, you guys don't want to drill a hole in your frontal lobe too?

- Ken'sPen - 07-02-2002

Sluggo is just signing up so he can be the first man to ever turn his own head into a bong.

- Hey Ladi - 07-02-2002

Listen to Dennis Leary much?

- Ken'sPen - 07-02-2002

Ladi, are you saying Leary has a Trepanation to make a skull bong joke???

- Hey Ladi - 07-02-2002

Psychos, the lot of them!!

Quote:In a surgical store Joey found a trepan instrument, a kind of auger or corkscrew designed to be worked by hand. It was much cheaper and, Joey felt, more sensitive than an electric drill. Its main feature was a metal spike, surrounded by a ring of saw-teeth. The spike was meant to be driven into the skull, holding the trepan steady until the revolving saw made a groove, after which it could be retracted. If all went well, the saw-band should remove a disc of bone and expose the brain.

Joey's first attempt at self-trepanation was a fiasco. He had no previous medical experience, and the needles he had bought for administering a local anaesthetic to the crown of his head proved to be too thin and crumpled up or broke. Next day he obtained some stouter needles, took a tab of LSD to steady his nerves set to in earnest. First he made an incision to the bone, and then applied the trepan to his bared skull. But the first part of the operation, driving the spike into the bone, was impossible to accomplish. Joey described it as like trying to uncork a bottle from the inside. He realized he needed help and telephoned Bart in Amsterdam, who promised he would come over and assist at the next operation. This plan was frustrated by the Home Office, which ted Dr Huges as an undesirable visitor to Britain and barred his entry.

Amanda agreed to take his place. Soon after her return to London she helped Joey open the wound in his head and, by pressing the trepan with all her might against his skull, managed to get the spike to take hold and the saw-teeth to bite. Joey then took over at cranking the saw. Once again he had swallowed some LSD. After a long period of sawing, just as he was about to break through, he suddenly fainted. Amanda called an ambulance and he was taken to hospital, where horrified doctors told him that he was lucky to be alive and that if he had drilled a fraction of an inch further he would have killed himself.

Quote:'After some time there was an ominous sounding schlurp and the sound of bubbling. I drew the trepan out and the gurgling continued. It sounded like air bubbles running under the skull as they were pressed out. I looked at the trepan and there was a bit of bone in it. At last! On closer inspection I saw that the disc of bone was much deeper on one side than on the other. Obviously the trepan had not been straight and had gone through at one point only, then the piece of bone had snapped off and come out. I was reluctant to start drilling again for fear of damaging the brain membranes with the deeper part while I was cutting through the rest or of breaking off a splinter. If only I had had an electric drill it would have been so much simpler. Amanda was sure I was through. There seemed no other explanation of the schlurping noises. I decided to call it a day. At that time I thought that any hole would do, no matter what size. I bandaged up my head and cleared away the mess.'

Quote:The result was all he had hoped for. During the next four hours he felt his spirits rising higher until he reached a state of freedom and serenity which, he claims, has been with him ever since.

For some time now he had been sharing a flat with Amanda, and when she came back from America she immediately noticed the change in him. This encouraged her to join him on the mental plane by doing her own trepanation. The operation was carefully recorded. She had obtained a cine-camera, and Joey stood by, filming, as she attacked her head with an electric drill. The film shows her carefully at work, dressed in a blood-spattered white robe. She shaves her hair, makes an incision in her head with a scalpel and calmly starts drilling. Blood spurts as she penetrates the skull. She lays aside the drill and with a triumphant smile advances towards Joey and the camera.