CDIH
You're my Obsession..... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: You're my Obsession..... (/showthread.php?tid=242)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

Have you ever been obsessed with someone? Ever stalked someone? Ever been in a relationship that you knew was bad, but you were just so totally infatuated with that other person, that you couldnt pull yourself away from them? Have you ever prefessed your love to someone only to be rejected , but you can't handle that, and continue to obsess about them?
Tell us your story.

Have I been obsessed with people? For sure. It happens quite often. I actually hate almost everyone I meet, but there's many people that will get and keep my attention for a short time for one reason or another. I think that it's natural when someone has something that you like, that you become somewhat obsessed with it, or them. I actually have a women I'm obsessed with right now. Someone I work with. I can't get her out of my mind, even though I know that I will never be with her. She is just a good friend.

I have never stalked anyone. If someone doesn't want me, I can take a hint, and I have no desire to make their life hell because I was rejeted. I have dated girls that were BEING stalked by ex-boyfriends. That was just too freakin weird.

I was in two major relationships that were bad, but I couldn't pull myself away. I had a girlfriend that treated me like shit, but everything else about here was just right. That ended up breaking my freakin heart. And my soon-to-be-ex-wife was the other one. I tried to make amends for a year, even though I knew it was never going to work out. She was truly the only one that I ever let totally inside and let her see ME. Both of them were unhealthy obsessions, but we learn from our mistakes, right?

When I'm rejected by someone, I leave it alone. I may continue to talk to them, or flirt with them, but I don't stalk them, or keep pushing my self on them.
<font color=EEEEE>

Edited By Maynard on Jan. 24 2002 at 12:58

- Arpikarhu - 01-24-2002

i dated a girl for 2 years when i was 20 and totally lost it when she dumped me. i used to call all around town looking for her and when her friends would screen me i would pretend to be her brother with a family emergency. sick stuff.but i was sick in love with her.
finally got a grip and realized i was acting like a loon. still think about her though 16 years later.

Edited By Arpikarhu on Jan. 24 2002 at 12:40

- Spitfire - 01-24-2002

A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack.

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

Spitfire Wrote:A gun rack... a gun rack. I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns that would necessitate an entire rack.
Excellent quote.

- Lord Magus - 01-24-2002

Oh jeez.. is this the "bare your heart to us so we can stomp it in the dirt" thread?

Oh well..

I have 2 big ones..

The first is also the first girl I ever truly exposed my feelings to.
She was a year behind me in college, my sophomore year we really hit it off, hung out all the time, and became good friends.
I definitely had a crush on this girl, but I'm a shy guy, so I couldn't express it.. instead.. I went with her everywhere.. if she was going to a party, I went with her, movies, etc..
But it wasn't stalking, she brought me along. I'ld keep an eye on her at the parties.. hell, a couple of times she got so drunk I actually CARRIED her 2 blocks back to her dorm. No, nothing happened. Yes, I know, I'm sad and lame.
My Junior year she never seemed to talk to me, and I started to worry she didn't like me any more. So I'ld do my best to be around for the odd coversation, join activities she was involved in, etc..
Finally, beginning of Senior year, I got so fed up I wrote a cheesy anonomous poem and left it in her mailbox.
Apparrently I wasn't as good agt keeping my feelings hidden, cause she knew who sent the peom and sat me down, gave me the "friends" speech, called me a big teddy bear, and that was that. Still.. it was nice to get it out there none the less.

The other looks SO much like a girl who posts on OA.com that when some friends of mine saw the girl from OA.com on WNEW.com WOWing a roadshow, they all called me up to laugh, thinking it was the other girl.

I didn't sit on my feelings and told her right away, then went straight to the stalking, so to speak. I'ld go to the local club (Moron and Maynard know the one lol) JUST because I knew she'ld be there (i HATE clubs), I'ld drive by her house if I was in the area, etc.

Ok.. let's see how bad this gets...

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

Quote:The first is also the first girl I ever truly exposed my feelings to.
Next time, try just "exposing" yourself to her, and see what happens. :got head:

- Arthur Dent - 01-24-2002

I've had the opposite problem. I've seen too many stalkers and I'm always worried about being seen as one. Which is bad. Girls like POSITIVE attention. To get a girl you have to pay attention to them, do stuff, etc. But in a positive, non-creepy way. So, since I'm worried about looking like a stalker, I don't pay ENOUGH attention to a girl I like and don't get her. :confused:

- Spitfire - 01-24-2002

I've never really stalked anyone, although my best friend used to make me do "drive-bys" like 10 times a week, past her ex's house to see if he was home...

An ex once sent me 2 dozen roses for a birthday, signed from a "Secret Friend"...even though I hadn't talked to him for 2 years! (He had cheated on me with one of my most beastly friends, so I never spoke to him again) After the flowers he started calling and I had to get one of my friends to kick his ass :punch:

- Bartman - 01-24-2002

everyone knows who i stalked...but no longer

[Image: stalk.jpg]

ps this is post 100 for me YAY!!

- Lord Magus - 01-24-2002

Quote:but no longer

If it's no longer... why do you still have a picture of her on your hard drive? lmao

- Bartman - 01-24-2002

that would not be on my hard drive....it is just still on my ftp server

- Sephiroth - 01-24-2002

How does everyone know what is on Maynard's HDD? Is everybody a Hacker and I just didnt know?

Edited By Sephiroth on Jan. 24 2002 at 1:31

- Bartman - 01-24-2002

Sephiroth Wrote:How does everyone know what is on Maynard's HDD? Is everybody a Hacker and I just didnt know?
shhhh... dont expose our secrets

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

Sephiroth Wrote:How does everyone know what is on Maynard's HDD? Is everybody a Hacker and I just didnt know?
What do Bartman having pictures of Shelle, and myself have in common? What the hell are you talking about?

- Sean Cold - 01-24-2002

I have benn in some fuckin winners myself, never to the point of stalking, but bad enough that shit turned my world all inside out and shit.

When I was 22, I was dating a 31 year old chick that I worked with who was in the middle of a divorce. My whole entire life from the moment I woke up till the time I would take a shit till I went to sleep revolved around her. Never once did it enter my head that I was "the feel better about yourself fuck" for her. I boosted this chick's ego and self esteeme through the whole fuckin thing that lasted over two years. I started getting all wierded out if things didn't go on schedule with her, meaning if she didn't call me at such and such time, if she was late to work, if her hair was done different. ::Confusedhudders::: Scary shit thinking about it now. The sickest thing is how one day out of the clear blue, i had enough and was able to turn off all feelings I had for her. I quit my job and stopped talking to her totaly and just stepped. I didn't see her in over six years and honestly, after she had three kids and shit, it seems like it worked out for the best for both of us.

I don't know if my other "obsession" is just that. When does love become just an out right obsession. The other "problem" is my biggest ever. I have lived with her, wanted to kill her, wanted to marry her, wanted to kick the fuck out of her, wanted to hold her, wanted to shank her all in three yers time. This girl has continuously shit on me and I on her. I have never cheated on her, yet have broken up with her to see if their can be some one else for me so I can get out of this endless cycle of insanity. It just never seems to end. When I do feel comfortable with the whole situation, something comes and rocks us straight to the core. Then, when things are beyond shitty, somehow we wind up being all right. I think I told Spit once that with this chick, either we will be married or put in a padded cell.

Tag, Maynard, I believe you are now it.

- Bartman - 01-24-2002

WOW this truly is some sick ass shit

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

WEll Sean, the first chick, that just sucks. I've been there too, and it was not pleasant.

The second one. That's tough. There must be something that keeps drawing the two of you together. If it's unhealthy, then you both need to walk away. But if it's just typical type relationship, then deal with it. If she can put up with you, and you with her, then you're a lucky man.

- Maynard - 01-24-2002

Bartman Wrote:WOW this truly is some sick ass shit
Hey Bart, why don't you go deal with puberty and leave the adults to their conversation.

- Bartman - 01-24-2002

It almost sounds like they have a weird kind of love...but im no therapist

- Bartman - 01-24-2002

Maynard Wrote:
Quote:WOW this truly is some sick ass shit
Hey Bart, why don't you go deal with puberty and leave the adults to their conversation.
but but i am close to being an adult and near the end of puberty :real good: