CDIH
Batman v superman is a go - Casting such movies - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Batman v superman is a go - Casting such movies (/showthread.php?tid=2515)

Pages: 1 2

- IkeaBoy - 07-10-2002

I'm not sure whether anyone's heard but Wolfgang Petersen's slated to direct as an upcoming Batman V Superman movie (as well with Ender's Game book club people) which is going to deal with their differing philosophies causing them turning against each other. This has nothing to do with the Reeves movies, the upcoming superman movie made by Charlie Angel's McG, neither of the four batman flicks or the in development "Batman: Year One".

So, what do you think- Who'd you think would be good as batman, etc. in the new movie; do you think this even has a chance of being good?

- Sean Cold - 07-10-2002

they need to get Adam West and George Reeves on this, that would rock!

Seriosly, they will probally try to get Ben Damon in this movie somehow.

- Lord Magus - 07-10-2002

Yeah.. but does it have to do with Dark Knight Returns or Dark Knight Returns 2?

- Arthur Dent - 07-10-2002

Read the article on AICN.com. It's really good concept. Reminds me of Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns, but sounds like a unique story in itself. And, I'm glad they are NOT maintaining continuity with all the other films.

Micheal Keaton was the best Batman because he was able to really play Bruce Wayne and Batman as two distinct personalities. Kilmer is a great actor, but his Bruce Wayne was too serious and straight-laced. Bruce Wayne is supposed to be a carefree bumbling playboy, not a serious and respected businessman. Clooney was just aweful.

I heard a rumor they were thinking of hiring the guy from Louis and Clark and Ripley's Believe It or Not to play Superman. I don't think he has the range to do what they want to do in this story. Also heard talk of Nocholas Cage from when they wanted to do the Death of Superman movie. He's just stiff and doesn't look ANYTHING like Superman.

Who to pick? I need to think about that some more.

(On a side note, did you read the stuff in the Ender's Game article about the inherent racism in Hollywood?)

- Galt - 07-10-2002

Michael Keaton is a great actor. Does anyone doubt he's going to have a John Travolta resurgence in his future?

Even in his shit movies, he's been pretty good. Very underrated.

- Hybrid - 07-10-2002

I LIKE PIZZA STEVE. SHE TOUCHED MY PEPE STEVE. WE'RE GONNA EAT A DOLPHIN.

- Galt - 07-10-2002

See, he's a badass

I was just thinking about Kurt Russel as Batman. He can really play the two personalities. Goofy like his characters in Captain Ron or Big Trouble in Little China and deadly serious like Escape From New York or Stargate. He's played businessman to. Of course, he'd need a haircut first. And, he might be a little old for the part, unless they're doing a mid-life crisis Batman like in the Frank Miller books.

- Galt - 07-10-2002

comic book movies are only good when they are dark. When they are campy, the just suck

- Skitchr4u - 07-10-2002

matt damon is who i heard the director wants as batman...i think he could be ok in the part, not the best choice, but depending on the time period, it could be ok...

Matt Damon? Totaly wrong for the role. What are they going to do? Team him up with Ben Afflack as Dare Devil? Sorry DC and Marvel don't mix.

Matt Damon would make a better Robin than Chris O'Donnel, though.

- IkeaBoy - 07-10-2002

Damon is just wrong as Batman and I know they could dye his hair to make it dark like batman's but I just can't see him as Bruce Wayne. He looks too young, too simple, I really can't see him as Batman.

As strange as this sounds, maybe Christian Bale could be a competent Dark Knight.

- Sean Cold - 07-10-2002

Quote:As strange as this sounds, maybe Christian Bale could be a competent Dark Knight.

Sure he would if you want no one to see the damned movie.

- IkeaBoy - 07-10-2002

Why must you need a definite opener to star in a super hero film? Christopher Reeve wasn't a known actor and he was Superman.

And besides, there's nothing wrong with Bale as the star. He can carry a movie and has. A benefit with Bale is that he's somewhat known so that we know with good material he'll do a good role but he's not SO known that people wil l be like "oh, that's damon in a batman costume"

In addition the film is being written by Andrew Kevin Walker, the guy who wrote Se7en.

Edited By IkeaBoy on July 10 2002 at 5:35

I like the idea of no-name actors as long as they've got skill and can pull off the role. It really allows you to see the character and not "Oh, that's so-and-so playing a new character".

It's the suits who want a big name to "guarantee" a blockbuster.

Will Smith as Superman and Eminem as Batman.

(think about it, even though it's a joke.. in it's own twisted way.. it kinda makes sense of sorts)

Big Krypton Style!!

with Martin Lawrence as Lex Luther!

YES!! I can hear it now... "Luthor! Luthor! Luthor! What up?"
sweeeeeeet

Edited By Lord Magus on July 10 2002 at 8:40

- Gooch - 07-11-2002

Christian Bale is a ballsy choice. I like it. If Reign of Fire becomes the sleeper hit some are saying, he may have more cloat down the line. The Superman/Batman movie itself, I'm not too keen on...unless it's Dark Knight/Miller related. I think this movie idea smacks of Comicbook companies overextending themselves. Go with one or two...not a whole bunch to jump on the bandwagon. Superheroe movies will only go so far...you saturate the market, and you ruin it for at least a decade.

BATMAN: Gabriel Byrne
SUPERMAN: Billy Campbell

- GonzoStyle - 07-11-2002

Batman: Brad Pitt the cool millionare

Superman: Edward Norton the superhero who can pull of being a geek

Come on it worked once before.