CDIH
Who here overclocks? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Who here overclocks? (/showthread.php?tid=2531)

Pages: 1 2

- AdolescentMasturbator - 07-11-2002

Well seeing as I got a cheap pentium 4 1.6 ghz and I overclocked this bad boy to 2.3(43% extra performance for free is nice) I was wondering who else on the board overclocks.

I never realized how great this was. I guess its the fact that youre getting something for nothing.

- onehung - 07-11-2002

I like to set my alarm clock 5 minutes fast...

- Sweet Angel - 07-11-2002

looks like i'm not the only one who has no clue what any of that means.

and, my alarm clock is set 10 minutes fast, so i can hit snooze.

- Galt - 07-11-2002

this one goes to 11

- The Sleeper - 07-11-2002

Funny you should mention overclocking, cause I just had a slice of pizza and it was rather tasty.

- Galt - 07-11-2002

Harvey Keitel was good in that movie

- Hybrid - 07-11-2002

bob brennan stole the shoelace to my pumas

JOHN Q ATE HALLOWEEN ASTRONAUT ROBOTS WHILE HIGH-DIVING INTO A BUCKET OF TABLE CHEESE WHIZ

- Hybrid - 07-11-2002

sorry dude. you cant play. junkyard sticks. killed ya.

I hope you get ass raped with a junkyard stick

- Hybrid - 07-11-2002

k

Soo....I love being able to push my 1.6 ghz processor to 2.3 ghz.

Edited By AdolescentMasturbator on July 10 2002 at 10:43

- Hybrid - 07-11-2002

you rule. seriously. you do.

- Hey Ladi - 07-11-2002

I set mine 15 mins fast & the one in the bathroom is 5 mins, so it doesn't throw the rest of the house off. :thumbs-up:

- Jack - 07-11-2002

I don't overclock anymore, although I probably could. When I got my PIII 750 Flipchip (Coppermine) I had that overclocked to 1ghz within 2 hours of opening the box. The fastest chip available at that time was a 933 so I thought I was kicking some ass. Who would have thought that just 2 years later that we would have chips that go as fast as 2.5Ghz?

- Galt - 07-11-2002

I'm sure he appreciates your effort Jack, but I think he just really misses Seph

Yeah...Well that Moore's Law for you(cpu speeds double every 18 months) I remember getting a 700 mhz athlon and it being the shit. Now it's the bare minimum for a lot of stuff lol.

- Kid Afrika - 07-11-2002

You spend so much time trying to improve the performance of your computer, I wonder how much you actually take advantage of its performance. I am so bored with people talking about their 2.2GHz machines and how great they are. Especially when all these fuckers are doing is going on AOhelL and playing games.

Overclocking is great, but at what cost. You must believe that the tolerances of a processor exist for a reason. I hardly believe that the only difference between a 1.6GHz processor and a 2.2GHz processor is the mutliplier.

But hey man, you've probably got some super duper fan that keeps your shit at the right temperature, so everything is all good. Except for the fact that you are fogetting where that extra heat that necessitates your kick ass fan is coming from.... you are working the hell out of the circuitry in your processor because it wasn't designed to run at that speed.

In the end, what the fuck do I know? I've got a 1GHz PIII, and I'm happy with it. Of course the latest games run like dog ass on it, but that's why I have PS2, FOR FUCKING GAMEZ!!!!

- Keyser Soze - 07-11-2002

i overclocked my dog and now it shits on my rug twice as often

Actually Kid it makes a huge difference to me. Like for example encoding movies. It does it faster by an hour or two. Pentium 4's(non-xeon) are multiplier-locked so the only way to increase the clockspeed is by increasing the front side bus speed. Front side bus speed is important because a 1.6@2.3 will even obliberate a 2.4 ghz pentium 4 at 100 fsb. Not to mention that it increases your memory bandwidth.

As for extra fans it really isn't required I used the same case and system fans that were in my 2 year old case and it's running completely stable. Your major concern is for increasing the voltage. I have mine at 1.7v which is where you should usually stop. But the newer made batches are hitting 2.4 at defeault voltage.