CDIH
A game server - For cdih - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: Techie Geek Forums (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Forum: Über Geek Zone (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: A game server - For cdih (/showthread.php?tid=2625)

Pages: 1 2 3

- AdolescentMasturbator - 07-19-2002

Ever since the jedi knight 2 server that kind of fell apart I think we should have a cdih game server. I was wondering how many of you would like to play on such a server.

Give input on how you would like the structure and what games, etc.

- Goatweed - 07-19-2002

I'd be up for it - currently I'm playing RTCW, JK2 and believe it or not UT (I had a craving to play that game again for a while). I haven't played MOHAA all that mnuch online, as well as SoF - a little bit, but hardly enough for me to be any good, let alone know the maps.

I also tend to play at night, usually from 9 or 10 pm until like 1 ir 2am depending on how work was that day - or if the Mrs. is in one of her "moods" :burnfucker:

- Jack - 07-19-2002

RTCW, JK2, Unreal Tournament, Tony Hawk 3. Those would kick ass.

- Arthur Dent - 07-19-2002

Once I get a new PC some time next month, I'd definitely play. I've got Alien vs. Predator 2 and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Haven't been able to play them yet cause the old PC isn't up to it. Upgraded the old PC to death. Time for a new one.

- Sloatsburgh - 07-19-2002

Half~Life

come on, I will not buy a new game to play with you effers....

- Keyser Soze - 07-19-2002

My VAIO sucks, I need a new PC or a new video card. Any suggestions on video cards?

- Jack - 07-19-2002

Geforce 4 ti4600. Runs about 399.99 retail.

- Maynard - 07-19-2002

If you guys had a cool game going, I'd play. JK2 or Quake or Unreal.

I'm not a big time gamer, but I'd be willing to play once in awhile.

- Arpikarhu - 07-19-2002

i would be so in on this!!

- Sean Cold - 07-19-2002

Quote:i would be so in on this!!

Why does this just reek of Slashiness?

Keyser ATI just announced their Radeon 9700 and it ass rapes the Geforce 4 Ti4600 in every way. Unfortunately it'll cost you so I wouldn't suggest buying it unless you have 400 bucks to spend like Jack. If you want to wait all the cards are going to down in a price in a month or so when the Radeon 9700 starts hitting the market. Good cards are the ATI Radeon 8500, ATI Radeon 8500LE(a little slower but you can always oc it), and the GF4 Ti4200. Go with the 64 mb version of all the cards because not many games today utilze 128 megs.

As for the server, do you guys want to rotate between games where one night It will be Jedi Knight 2, next will be SOF2, then some HL action, etc?

- Maynard - 07-19-2002

rotation would be cool. But you're gonna have to tell me what games you are instead of just abbreviating the titles. Undecided

- onehung - 07-19-2002

Quote:rotate between games where one night It will be Jedi Knight 2, next will be SOF2, then some HL action, etc?
You supplying the games as well as the server ?

I suppose I could work out some way of supplying the games.

Ok so far here are all the unabbreviated suggestions.

Jedi Knight 2
Soldier of Fortune 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Quake 3
Aliens vs. Predator
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault(online portion of this game is meh to me)
Unreal Tournament(maybe Unreal Tournament 2003 when it comes out in September)
Half-Life(probably some mods, my favorite is Day of Defeat but I'm not sure if any of you guys would play that too)

Another major thing is that games like Quake 3, or Unreal Tournament have a variety of mods if you want to play those instead.

Oh yeah how many of you would want to play America's Army?

Also people that want to play games with mods(q3, ut, hl) , etc. mention which mods you'd want to play so I can narrow the field down easier.

- Bartman - 07-19-2002

me like me like:bouncer:

- AdolescentMasturbator - 07-20-2002

Ok I think there should be only 4 or so games that I would serve on a rotational base for simplicity purposes. I was thinking also if you want something new you could always suggest it and one night I can serve that.

Jedi Knight 2 is definitely going to be one of the games. I'm also going to eliminate Medal of Honor from any contention because the online multiplayer of the game sucks.

How many people are interested in UT? I'm weary of it because UT2003 is just two months away but hey if you guys want it.

- Jack - 07-20-2002

:disappointed: No THPS3?

I say stick with Jedi Knight 2, Unreal Tournament, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Half Life. I would be satisfied with those.

- AdolescentMasturbator - 07-20-2002

Alright so far I've decided on what games are definitely in.

Jedi Knight 2
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Unreal Tournament(I'll change it to Unreal Tournament 2003 once it comes out)

As for Half-Life I'll serve either Counterstrike or Day of Defeat. Personally I feel Day of Defeat is the far superior mod. But, if no one else wants it it is pretty fruitless.

Soldier of Fortune 2 I will do as well if I can fix my copy because I've having installation problems with it.

- Jack - 07-20-2002

Anyone know where I can get half life? CompUSA doesn't have the original anymore....

Would rather download than buy but can't find it on kazaa either.