CDIH
Softball - Killer bats - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Softball - Killer bats (/showthread.php?tid=2872)

- DGW - 07-30-2002

Don't know who plays softball around here but wondered if anyone else heard about this. Seems a total of 5 guys have died this year from softball related injury in the US. All were pitchers who were hit in the face and head by a ball. Presently there is a man in a coma in Middlesex county, he too was stuck in the face with a ball.

Recently ASA deemed the LS Genesis and the Miken bats illegal. Seems these bats specifications were untrue. The ball flys off these fucking batz. I've used both with more sucess with the Genesis and I can say it adds about 30 feet to your distance. The problem is the rate of speed in which the ball come off the bat is to quick. it's amazing how the ball jumps off these bats.

Expect to see some lawsuits against the manufacturers and ASA itself. T

It's a true shame that even one person lost their lives do to this. So anyone else hear about this?

- Metalfan - 07-30-2002

Haven't heard about this specifically, but there are always cases with the Titanium or thin-walled bats being banned in leagues. I used to play on a team with a guy who had 2 DeMarini's.....one was considered legal, the other wasn't. Having played first base and having a ball hit off of a titanium come right at you....its pretty fucking scary!

- DGW - 07-30-2002

DeMarini's are fine...most are double walled bt stay under the 1.20 BFS rating

Titanium are illegal

You figure most pitchers aren't in the finest of shape so reaction time on the mound is lacking
These bats make it even harder for a pitcher to get his glove
That's why I'm glad I play SS and OF.

- HedCold - 07-30-2002

my cousin recently got hit in the face while she was pitching in softball. she got hurt pretty bad, but luckily didn't die. not sure what kind of bat they used. but they have had this problem in hs/college/amateur baseball for a while. i'm suprised it took so long to become a big deal in softball

- Arpikarhu - 07-30-2002

speaking of softball. the "RENT" bway show league team is one of only 4 undefeated teams in the playoffs!! they seem to be the team of destiny with 1 game to go before the championship!!! the manager and star center fielder of this team must be one athletic god!!!!!!!!!!!

- AdolescentMasturbator - 07-30-2002

Who else thought this was going to about a cdih.net softball game? Come on, I can't be the only one.

- DGW - 07-30-2002

Quote:speaking of softball. the "RENT" bway show league team is one of only 4 undefeated teams in the playoffs!! they seem to be the team of destiny with 1 game to go before the championship!!! the manager and star center fielder of this team must be one athletic god!!!!!!!!!!!

Either yer playing women...or you're playing with men who want to be women.

- The Sleeper - 07-30-2002

Quote:Who else thought this was going to about a cdih.net softball game? Come on, I can't be the only one.
I'm soooo down for that, so who's gonna get us a field...anyone?

- crx girl - 07-31-2002

there's fields where i work :bouncer:

- Tequila - 07-31-2002

I saw a guy get hit in the stomach. He has to go to the hospital with internal bleeding. The guy was using the LS Genesis.

- Paper Boy - 08-31-2002

does anyone have a link to a site where i can purchase one of these bats? i've been losing some distance lately and i think one of these might be able to help.

- HedCold - 08-31-2002

[Image: cover.gif]

- Bartman - 09-02-2002

cdih game...if its on long island im game no fucking jersey game :thumbs-up: