CDIH
A war on drugs - A war on ourselves... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: A war on drugs - A war on ourselves... (/showthread.php?tid=2886)

- Spitfire - 07-31-2002

Rock on! A network news special against the war on drugs...never thought I would see this....

on channel 7 right now...

- Danked - 07-31-2002

I was gonna watch it, but I got h... was reading a book dissecting the complex relationship between Van Gogh and Gauguin.

- Spitfire - 08-01-2002

Well, for those who missed it, here's a link that pretty much summarizes the whole show:
ABC News

I was quite shocked from what I heard on this show...I knew most of the facts already but it was completely a pro-drug show! on a major network! Judges, police captains, cops, all speaking out against the drug war.

They asked one cop who was at the Million Marijuana March why pot is illegal. He answered "I don't know, I just enforce the rules, I don't make them" and the cop next to him was giggling, chimed in "Because marijuana gets you high."

- AdolescentMasturbator - 08-01-2002

The best quote is the dutch minister saying, "We have succeeded in making pot boring".

- Keyser Soze - 08-01-2002

The war on drugs does nothing more than control how the money is divided. By controlling it, the powers that be can create a market for it and profit from it. Its simply a matter of politics. Where money can be made, you can be sure people will exploit the methods to their advantage. This paragraph pretty much sums up the whole problem...

Quote:"The only reason that coke is worth that much money is that it's illegal," argues Father Joseph Kane, a priest in a drug-ravaged Bronx neighborhood in New York City. "Pure cocaine is three times the cost of gold. Now if that's the case, how are you gonna stop people from selling cocaine?"

- Keyser Soze - 08-01-2002

I especially like this monolouge Topher Grace from "that 70's show" gives in Traffic...

"Why don't you just back the fuck up man. To this place? What is that shit? Ok right now, all over this great nation of ours 100,000 white kids from the suburbs are cruising around downtown asking every black person they see, you got any drugs? You know where I could score some drugs? THINK about the effect that has on the psyche of a black person, on his possibilities. God I guarantee you bring a 100,000 black kids and bring um into your neighborhood and they're asking every white person they see, You got any drugs? You know where I could score some drugs? Within a day, everybody would be selling, your friends, their kids, here's why, it's an unbeatable market for us man, it's a 300% market value, you can go on the street and make $500 in two hours and do whatever you want with the rest of your day. I'm sorry and you're telling me that white people would still be going to law school."

- Spitfire - 08-01-2002

man, that was weird watching him shoot up in the movie....

At one point in the show they were talking about the Clinton adminstration starting a plan to get farmers in Columbia plant other crops except coca. When they don't comply, OUR government planes spray pesticides on their fields. When one is destroyed, another farmer starts growing because now the coca is worth more....or the farmers go deeper into the rainforest, cutting more trees, to make more fields. The cycle goes on and on, yet there's too much cash at stake for it to stop.

- Arthur Dent - 08-01-2002

Drugs today = Alcohol during Prohabition

And just as successful. At least there isn't a contitutional amendment to repeal.
Don't use shit, never have, never will. But don't care if you want to.

- Corpsegrinder13 - 08-01-2002

Of all the thigs I've ever done and really miss is weed. I think it should be legal cause if it was, we wouldn't quit for the purpose of better work...then we could all smoke and be merry...:fuggin: