CDIH
Strike date set - America's national pastime is set to die - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Strike date set - America's national pastime is set to die (/showthread.php?tid=3203)

Pages: 1 2

- OAS - 08-16-2002

Well the players union has voted to strike August 30th. The sticking point is the luxury tax. Neither side wants to give in. Looks like there will be a stike in two weeks. I think this one will go into next season. Baseball is dead. Undecided

- Arpikarhu - 08-16-2002

there will be no strike. wont happen. trust me on this one.

- fbd - 08-16-2002

Quote:Baseball is dead.
we could only hope

- Arpikarhu - 08-16-2002

aint gonna happen. you are freaking out for nothing

- OAS - 08-16-2002

Is your advice on a strike as solid as your stock market advice?

- Arpikarhu - 08-16-2002

my stock market advice is still right on the mark. if you had listened to me as i did, you would have made a ton of cash, as i did. you would also still be on line to make a ton of cash , as i am. aint gonna be a strike.

- OAS - 08-16-2002

I believe you said the Dow wasn't going yo get much lower than it was when it was at 10,200. I'm glad you're making money but the facts were a bit shaky.

I have believed all along that there would be no stike. I'm doubting that now.

- Arpikarhu - 08-16-2002

i never said it wouldnt get lower, i just said that it was low and there were great bargains available. i was right. there will be no strike.

- DGW - 08-16-2002

i love baseball
but if the players strike i don't know if i could ever have the same feeling
average salary of players is 2.45 million dollars
and they might strike?
fuck dat

OAS remember Arpi has an inside connection i the Yankee organization

- OAS - 08-16-2002

Well I talked to a very reliable source a few minutes ago that said you can take the strike to the bank. Players union believes that if the players strike, the owners will be pressured by the fans to convince Selig to resign. The union believes they will not win on the luxury tax issue with Selig as commissioner. They are dead serious on no tax.

- Arpikarhu - 08-16-2002

Quote:average salary of players is 2.45 million dollars
and they might strike?
no one forced the owners to pay them that much. there will be no strike

- Arthur Dent - 08-16-2002

[Image: arlonjanis2002018286816.gif]

So, what's the count down to the fans swearing they'll never buy another ticket if they go on strike?

Fuck 'em. The farm clubs are more entertaining anyway.

- Corpsegrinder13 - 08-16-2002

The strike will go down because baseball is all about greed. Boy am I glad I didn;t switch to Satellite for the YES network.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 08-16-2002

I'm so fucking pissed it's not funny....I'm going to the Yankees game next Friday and Saturday, and it very well be the last games I go to. Fucking greedy fucks....I'm sick of it.... I've loved baseball my whole life, stood by the Yanks when they sucked and came back after the last strike (granted I wasn't old enough to really understand it), but fuck this, I've spent $400 on a season plan mainly because it gaurantees us post-season tickets...and now there's not going to be a post season?! I don't have $400 to throw around.....fucking play baseball its a FUCKING GAME....its NOT A REAL JOB...get over it....

(sorry about all the cursing, I'm just annoyed)

- OAS - 08-16-2002

Quote:(sorry about all the cursing, I'm just annoyed)
I don't know, I think it was kinda hot :bouncer:

I too have been a life long fan. I am still a diehard Brewer fan. Went to three games in Philly this week to see them get swept and score all of 3 runs in the series. I'm going to a game at Miller Park on the 24th. I will not go to another game if they strike again. I will watch on TV but I will not pay one more penny to the game. I have had it with their "need to strike". Yes both sides are at fault. I blame both sides. I won't go back if they strike.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 08-16-2002

I can't even watch my god Damn team on television.

- OAS - 08-16-2002

The dish is nice. Every game, every team. It does rock for football and hockey.

- The Sleeper - 08-16-2002

if they strike, I hope all the fans boycott baseball when they come back. Finally teach them a lesson.

- Corpsegrinder13 - 08-16-2002

I love the Yankees but god dammit this is getting out of hand...

- GonzoStyle - 08-16-2002

Quote:I too have been a life long fan.

OAS so that was when the NY Yankees were the NY Highlanders?... sorry had to get it out of the way before ken got here.

Strikes gonna happen, and I'm watching the WNBA.