CDIH
Project searchlight - Awesome parody - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Project searchlight - Awesome parody (/showthread.php?tid=3280)

- Spitfire - 08-22-2002

Has anyone else watched this after South Park?

Originally, it was supposed to be produced by Denis Leary and Jon Stewart, but Jon bailed at the last minute and they picked up Lenny Clarke from the Job to produce. They picked the dumbest sitcom idea from this weirdo dude, a show called "Shews" an improv "realistic" comedy, then changed it to "Jesus & the Gang" Jesus hanging out with a bunch of NY kids (including Adam Ferrara)

Some crazy shit has happened on the show. Last night, Leary didn't show up, instead he went to rehab. Colin Quinn got into a fist fight with the director, and Peter Gallagher (semi-famous actor) got rammed by a car in the opening scene but they kept filming it with him laying there in the middle of the street...

Maybe I'm easily amused but I got a kick out of this show. The best part are the Real World asides where everyone despises and insults each other.

Edited By Spitfire on Aug. 22 2002 at 3:38

- Hybrid - 08-22-2002

i havent watched it but from your description i think i'm gonna check it out.

- fbd - 08-22-2002

first episode was ok, something to watch while bored. last night kicked royal fucking ass. peter gallagher went flying, and the guy stole a fucking bike

- Keyser Soze - 08-22-2002

i too am going on your description, sounds like a good time.

- GonzoStyle - 08-22-2002

I heard about this show a while back when it was getting ready to kick off. I missed both episodes and I am kicking myself in the ass for it. The commercials looked so sweet. I always luck out, I missed band of brothers and the initial episodes of six feet under so I never watched a single episode :-(

- Spitfire - 08-22-2002

Hopefully they'll come out with Six Feet Under SEason 1 & 2 dvd's. I never missed that show, you would defintiely enjoy it GS...

Comedy Central's re-airing Contest Searchlight Friday at 1 a.m. and Saturday at 10:30 p.m

- fbd - 08-22-2002

and if you miss it friday and saturday, comedy central will rerun it once the season ends. they play a season, then replay it. its the way the network goes, so you never miss anything...gets really annoying

- Is Don on the phone? - 08-23-2002

Is it true that Dan from Hoboken will be in the next ep?

- Keyser Soze - 08-29-2002

I'm watching it right now and its fucking hysterical. I like when Patrice said he wishes he was in prison so he could slam his cock in that guys fat guinea cheeks.

Edited By Keyser Soze on Aug. 28 2002 at 10:48

- fbd - 08-29-2002

saw todays episode, and now i am almost convinced it is fake, or at least parts of it were acted to make it a better show. episode one, the thing of denis not wanting the cameras on. 2, the fact that they couldnt film a single scene, amber was still there, and leary disapears. and now, this has convinced me. he comes back drinking away, so was in rehab for no reason, amber and adam, and the chair just so happens to have an umbrella, and then the sprinklers go off. and i'm scared for the comedian filling in for patrice next week(i've seen him on tv, just dont know his name), since it seems like the jesi are all cursed to be broken or electocuted. will he trip and break his neck? lighting rig fall on him? perhaps he'll take his bullwhip out, whip something, and end up hanging himself?

- FollowThisLogic - 08-30-2002

Quote:and the chair just so happens to have an umbrella, and then the sprinklers go off.
Yeah, that little tidbit was all the proof I needed.

Not that I'll stop watching, it's entertaining as Hell, but it sure ain't real.

- fbd - 09-04-2002

watching last night's connan on comedy central now...leary came clean, its fake