CDIH
Sopranos returning! - Hey paisan whatsa matta you -- excited? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Sopranos returning! - Hey paisan whatsa matta you -- excited? (/showthread.php?tid=3358)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

- IkeaBoy - 08-29-2002

Does anyone remember a little show called "The Sopranos?" It was on awhile ago, it was kind of popular. A mob drama which had critics nearly saying that they'd sell their own sibling for just another hour of the antics of Tony Soprano.

The awesomness of the first season was so strong that it actually resonated through a mediocre second season and a third season which ended up snowballing into more crap. But still, the show HAD made an impact so strong that a character’s death was on the front page of a newspaper!! (Still it was the Post but anyhoo…)

And now it’s beginning again, 16 months after the last new episode (and even longer since the last good one).

What’s happened in those 16 months since we last saw the Family that inspired many uninspired parodies? Well Gandolfini’s done one great movie (MWWT) and a couple of really bad ones, his son has been in a highly publicized arrest, his daughter tried…and failed a singing career and Uncle Junior tried…and failed a singing career (which unfortunately is the last memory many have for the mafia drama).

And now it’s coming back, September 15th and does anyone feel anything even close to the interest or excitement when Season 3 was beginning, so soon after Nancy Marchand died … and resurrected in one of the most awkwardly made scenes EVER. “Sopranos” fever was everywhere in early 2001 and now … what? This show WAS the show everyone talked about. Every plot twist, every storyline, every line of dialogue was subject to discussion. Even when the show was at it’s worst people hung on it like leeches on the scrotum of a young boy.

Does anyone else hope that this season will be any better than the last two? Do you think the year plus off gave time for Chase to become re-inspired and write amazing scripts and storylines that don’t just drop after the episode they’re introduced like … 90% of all plotlines in Season 3? Or will the time off has forced him to become lazy and sluggish with Season 4 being rehashed plots (not just from the show but from other mob movies as well), people saying Italian words … a lot, and where most of the time is spent on making Bacala goofy?

On September 15th at 9 pm Season 4 begins on HBO.

Oh and this does NOT mean I’m going to begin posting regularly again (I'll try and post more often), I was just bored and figured I’d throw this sonofabitch out there for discussion. And while I do have comments on the cancellation (unfair) I’ll be damned if I’m going to go back and read pages and pages of other things.

- Paper Boy - 08-29-2002

Quote:his daughter tried…and failed a singing career

i wouldn't say she failed. she was headlining at Area 51 up in Monticello on a thursday night. if that's not the big time, i don't know what is.

welcome back ikea.

- Kid Afrika - 08-29-2002

I saw season 4 episode 2 last night. This season is gonna be good.

Sorry, no spoilers here...

- GonzoStyle - 08-29-2002

Did you get that from the guy who sells the karate movies off a milk crate, in front of the bodega?

Yup, how did you know? Rolleyes

I got xXx off him yesterday.

I was kidding. I downloaded it from your mom's ftp. :-p

- Corpsegrinder13 - 08-29-2002

This should be an excellent season. It's funny how I've noticed that the rest of the shows that are playing new episodes now are ending right as the Sopranos begin. Thank god it is back...

- Hey Ladi - 08-29-2002

:bouncer: Ikea is back I was even wondering where you were, just today

I've never seen this show. :disappointed:

Quote:I was kidding. I downloaded it from your mom's ftp.

Dude you shoulda told me, I was wondering why she tasted like hot sauce.

That's cause I always put hot sauce on fish. :rofl:

(nice set up)

- GonzoStyle - 08-30-2002

Anytime man, lol. I woulda been pissed if you didn't take it.

Sean gave me season 2 on DVD last night. I watched episodes 1-3. It kinda got me to missing the show. Then I saw the promo for season 4 I can't wait now.

Has it been decided if this is the final season?

Cause the upcoming season of OZ is the final season.

- Noellevious - 08-30-2002

All I want is for Dr. Melfi to tell Tony she was raped, and then watch the subsequent torture and snuffing out of the guy. That's all I'd need for a great season.

- GonzoStyle - 08-30-2002

yeah well that was one of the things I hated but understood. From a writing standpoint it would negate all of what her character stood for if she told him.

- Danked - 09-16-2002

:firebounce:

- The Sleeper - 09-16-2002

so how was it?

- Danked - 09-16-2002

Eh...

There was some classic Bacala stuff.

- fbd - 09-16-2002

"you know, quasimodo predicted all this"

- LZMF1 - 09-16-2002

it was ok..... not what i expected.

i was expecting to see tony and meadow get into their little fight.

- fbd - 09-16-2002

meadow who? was she even in the episode?