CDIH
Humor: when does sick become shock value? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Humor: when does sick become shock value? (/showthread.php?tid=3388)

Pages: 1 2

- GonzoStyle - 09-03-2002

Does someone actually think this is fuckin funny?

I have always been accused of being sick in my humor but that is me, I don't find anything to be shocking and I will put myself out there for a laugh. I really don't find many things to be taboo cause I could give a fuck less. If you can't poke fun at something then why even live?

One thing I will NEVER do is go for 'shock value' to get a laugh even if it may seem I do. Froy, grumpy, even howie to a point was guilty of it. Saying nigger for a laugh without any premise for it or just posting shit pictures to be 'cutting edge'.

But when is enough, enough?

I got that link off the t-shirt banner from oa.com that I was linked to by a member.

My limit is actual child molestation, I am not into it or amused by it in anyway. Also something like joking about 9/11, the wound is still fresh, I can't help but get a lump in my throat whenever I pass over the bridge and look at the manhaten skyline and see a huge fuckin gap there.

Anyway with the anniversary just a week away, 1 whole fuckin year already, jesus.

I mean it's not even slightly amusing, it is just 'shock value' why even print that shirt? Who in their right fuckin mind would wear that.... well atleast in america? I would beat the everloving shit out of someone, six ways to sunday if I saw them wearing that.

- Maynard - 09-03-2002

Who would wear that?

This guy would!

I agree. I saw that website a week or two ago, and can't believe people would do that. Do you think that guy got the shit beat out of him for wearing it? Bet he didn't dare step foot in NY with it on.

Fuckin wonderful, at an airline, with pilots none the less. Is this country fucked or what? Fuckin baby jesus on a cross, what the fuck is wrong with people?

- Maynard - 09-03-2002

Yes....this country is pretty much fucked.

Nothing we can do about it.

- Galt - 09-03-2002

I hate people.

- Jack - 09-03-2002

Some people will do anything that they think will make them a buck. It is to the point where things like that should be regulated. Its a crying shame that things like "under god" in the pledge of allegience offends somebody so it is declared unconstitutional but when a shirt like that offends somebody it is freedom of speech/expression.

It's been said before but...

Stupidity is contagious.

- Kid Afrika - 09-03-2002

Oh lighten the fuck up. Think back to George Carlin's joke about rape, was it shocking?

"Picture porky pig raping elmer fudd. See, rape is funny!"

The t-shirt in question might not be the smartest thing to wear, but it's not exactly a BASE jumping t-shirt showing people jumping out of the burning towers, now is it?

- Maynard - 09-03-2002

Quote:but it's not exactly a BASE jumping t-shirt showing people jumping out of the burning towers, now is it?

:thinking that shirt will be Galt's next big $$$ making scheme:

Well that was my point k1d, while joking about something like rape or even the holocaust is 'funny' if done properly and note out of hatred. People like froy or grumpy who are not funny at all, need to use 'hate' humor to get a laugh, or attempt to get a laugh.

But wearing a shirt like that, after a year of what happened just borders on crossing 'the line'.

- Gooch - 09-03-2002

everytime i see something that goes "over the line" i wonder if i'm being too PC. Even with this T-shirt. Is it tasteless? Yup. Offensive, yup. Should it be allowed...yup. Let the fucker who wears it get creamed.

Personally, I think the shirt company is looking to get that "bad publicity" by releasing it.

I don't think so. I think that people may see it as crossing the line, but then that line moves depending on to whom you are speaking. (proper english sucks ass) A "nigger" joke might be funny to a white guy, but you might get popped in the eye for telling the same joke to a black person.

I (PLANE PIC) NY is a parody of the I (HEART PIC) NY and has comedic relevance because of it. The length of time between when a tragedy is a tragedy and when it can be made fun of is also subject to the perspective of the individuals involved. Diff'rent strokes for different folks, ya dig?

Is it wrong to bang your chick in a church for points in a game, absolutely. But is it more morally reprehensible than touching young boys in the rectory(sp?) I think not. Again, how comfortable you are with something often depends on where you sit.

I agree, I mean they have t-shirts making fun of abortion, I don't find it 'shocking' nor offensive. As a jew I do not find holocaust jokes, offensive unless it is out of hate. But even I have a line, should it be printed, yes because it is there right, but at the same time no.

I understand the 'bad publicity' thing though, it's definetly not over the limit though, lol. Otherwise it would be making fun of sodom and gomorah.

- Gooch - 09-03-2002

good god...i'm in agreement with kid.

oh, if the allusion is that tshirthell is a froy venture...it's not, as far as i know.

I didn't mean that it was a froy venture, if it was the shirts would have iron on letters and shrink after 1 wash.

froy t-shirts would have sayings on them that don't make sense like,"Like a retarded yo-yo, you'll keep coming back." :crackhead:

or

"My other car is a hot wheels!"

- Gooch - 09-03-2002

and cost $20. :-D

Quote:froy t-shirts

[Image: a12_a_02.jpg]

gooch, the $20 is for shipping and "handling". the shirt is $29.95 /month with a required one year contract.

- Galt - 09-03-2002

Let me clarify: I don't hate the fact that someone is greedy enough to make the shirt so much. I hate the fact that someone is stupid enough to purchase and wear the shirt.

That being said, I wouldn't want to make money off of that (and if K1d just had that original BASE shirt on the spot, it's quite the idea that some douche would purchase)