CDIH
Being a Cowboys' fan - Nothing else matters..... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Being a Cowboys' fan - Nothing else matters..... (/showthread.php?tid=3454)

Pages: 1 2

- Sean Cold - 09-09-2002

....except the fact that "America's Team" got fuckin schooled by the Texans. The final score just means fuckin nothing at this point.To get bitch slapped by an expansion team has to be almost as humiliating as costing your team a game by throwing your helmet in the air.

The Texans' D dominated all night and just got a saftey. Jerry Jones looks like he wants to get out on the field.

This is great.

- fbd - 09-09-2002

can somebody tell me how many safetys happened today? i can think of one...

cowboys suck so much ass

- The Sleeper - 09-09-2002

classic

- Sean Cold - 09-09-2002

Really, it doesn't get much better than this.

The Texans?

And after watching hard knocks, you got the thought that these guys thought they were contenders.

- fbd - 09-09-2002

do the cowboys play the lions this season? please say they do

- Sean Cold - 09-09-2002

Quote:i can think of one...

More proof that Carter is not a good QB.

The Girls played that last set of downs like Houston was going to be in prevent. A Don Capers team does not use prevent.

Ten bucks says Jerry jones blames HBO for this whole mess.

Quote:Ten bucks says Jerry jones blames HBO for this whole mess.
you're on!

- Tenbatsuzen - 09-09-2002

10 bucks says Jones himself is coaching the team by mid-season.

Quote:10 bucks says Jones himself is coaching the team by mid-season.
me and Galt have the "using bill simmons lines as our own" quota covered, thanks though.

- fbd - 09-09-2002

greatest game of the season will be played on november 3 at noon

- Teenweek - 09-09-2002

Cowboys suck. Who teh Hell made the Cowboys America's Team? I didn't vote for them. Ha Ha you lost to the Texans. :rofl: :rofl: :fuggin: :lol:

- Ken'sPen - 09-09-2002

Reasons I don't Want Smith to break Payton's record:

1. He is a Cowboy.
2. He would not have sniffed the title if Barry Sanders finished his career.
3. Although I do not question his ability, I think he is faaaaaaaar from the best back ever. He played an entire career behind an awesome line and most rushes saw him 3 yards deep before he had to consider making a cut.
4. His keeping and numbering his fucking TD balls knowing he was planning on selling them to a gullible public.
5. Walter Payton carried a team on his back for most of his career being THE offense weapon that defenses keyed on. Smith was just a part of an offensive machine for most of his career.
6. Smith is playing past his prime getting carries he doesn't deserve in order to reach the record.

- Sean Cold - 09-09-2002

Sorry, Ken's, I don't see much of a reason have two threads dedicated to the team that choked to an expansion team. It doesn't look all that good for the "Boys this year and we get the point, you hate them. You're a Skins fan, we get it.

Well, most normal human beings who watch football get it anyway.

- Keyser Soze - 09-09-2002

this was almost as humiliating as tampa bay losing cause their kicker, under pressure, wound up tossing the ball right into the linebackers hands 2 feet in front of him for the game winning TD in OT.

- Ken'sPen - 09-09-2002

I understand Sean,
though I was hoping the Emmit thread would be less about the Cowboys and more of a discussion of running backs past and present.

Emmit will get the record, but I really wanted to discuss who people thought were the best at the postition.

- Sean Cold - 09-09-2002

Quote:this was almost as humiliating

Sorry, no dice.

The Saints have been in the league for over twenty years. They were in the playoffs. They have won a playoff game. They do not start a rookie QB. They have a good running game. They have history.

I understand teams do not go winless, but, to lose a game to an expansion team is like being beat by your practice squad. Nine teams have entered the league as an expansion team since the '61 Vikings. All have lost thier openers.

- Ken'sPen - 09-09-2002

besides, the guy came in unblocked,
Tupa did not have a chance to punt,
a safety ends the game too.....
even if he did show a little arm strength and threw the ball away, it would have set up a gimme field goal...

that game was sealed as soon as that guy blew past the (right tackle?, tight end? ......whoever the guy at the end was......)
how about getting a stupid penalty for throwing your helmet when you won a game, only to allow a game winning field goal with 00:00 on the clock,
now that sucks.

Edited By Ken'sPen on Sep. 09 2002 at 10:47

- Sean Cold - 09-09-2002

He schooled the RG on the play, pretty sad that the guy couldn't even hold him, take the fuckin pentalty. It can't get much worse.

Quote:To get bitch slapped by an expansion team has to be almost as humiliating as costing your team a game by throwing your helmet in the air.

Ken, we covered it in the original post, just an FYI.

- Keyser Soze - 09-09-2002

oh i agree, the cowboys losing was the greatest and most pathetic thing i saw all weekend. i just had to feel for tupa standing there with nothing left to do but hope for an incomplete pass to the opposing team's linebacker.

it was one of the most exciting opening weekends of football in recent memory, so many great games, high scoring and down to the wire. can't wait for monday night football and week 2!

- Ken'sPen - 09-09-2002

Quote:Ken, we covered it in the original post, just an FYI.

Sorry, I have a habit of skimming your posts,
due to lack of content.