CDIH
Wwe news and notes - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: The Smoke Room (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: The Faggy Artistic Forum (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=18)
+--- Thread: Wwe news and notes (/showthread.php?tid=3483)

- GonzoStyle - 09-10-2002

Syxx-Pac, formerly known as X-Pac in the WWE, will be making his first indy appearance on September 21st for 3PW at the Viking Hall (formerly The ECW Arena) on a loaded show. Also appearing on the card will be Abdullah the Butcher as he renews his feud with Kevin Sullivan, the return of Sabu as he goes after the 3PW title, and a strip off with Missy Hiatt, Jasmin St. Claire, and Kendra Jade. Syxx-Pac has also agreed to wrestle for 3PW on October 19th at a show that will also feature Jerry "the King" Lawler.

Word has it that Jerry Lawler had cosmetic surgery prior to last night's RAW. According to some of the wrestlers, he had his chin, jaw and eyes done. His eyes were said to be black because of the surgery. He reportedly had a lot of makeup applied to his face to cover it up, but it didn't seem to have looked right. This would explain why he was using the binoculars every time he was shown on camera. Few people said his face appeared to be swollen as well.

There was much talk backstage about the effect Monday Night Football would have on RAW's rating. In part, the "Hot Lesbian Action" angle was done to combat ABC's season debut of MNF. No word on the RAW rating yet; we'll probably have it up later today. However, MNF did score a 16.1 in the overnight broadcast ratings, with a 23 share. Which is a big number one it's own, but if you consider the fact that this number was up 29% from the 12.5 rating the debut show did last year, it is not a good sign for this week's RAW rating.

Looney Lane, the brunette from last night's "HLA" angle, suffered a rib injury after taking that stiff kick from one of the Island Boys. No word on exactly what the injury was or the degree of it, but she was said to be hurting backstage after the segment.

Shawn Michaels has no current plans to return to the ring or WWE Raw programming.

- GonzoStyle - 09-13-2002

Some of you probably noticed the nasty spot in the Brock Lesnar vs. Bob Holly match last night on SmackDown, where Lesnar dropped Holly right on his head trying to execute a powerbomb. There was much talk backstage of Holly not selling enough in the match for the champion. However, some describe it as "Bob being Bob". The two appeared to be working very snug in the match. When you look at the spot, Holly didn't get up they way he should have for the move. Lesnar is said to be as strong as an ox, and if your opponent doesn't help during a spot like that, bad things tend to happen. Pretty much everyone in the locker room thought Brock was being nice about everything, as he shows much respect for the veterans in the company. Nonetheless, everyone says that Bob was pretty lucky that Lesnar didn't snap on him.

In a somewhat related note, Lesnar was working the show while suffering with the flu. Which would explain why he was sweating more then usual.

- Gooch - 09-16-2002

i disagree with the sell point. Bob Holly clearly slipped out of Brock's hands, and that's why he landed on his head. I think the web wrestling pundits are trying to make a story rather than report one. Bob Holly and Brock had a nice physical match...with one missed spot when Holly slipped from Brocks grip. (watch that move in slow motion...fuckin lucky he didn't fuck up his neck and spine). The fault lies on Brock, b/c he tried to do the move anyway.

- GonzoStyle - 09-16-2002

I honestly missed last weeks show, so I didn't see the match. Just giving whatever updates I find. Rajah is usually very correct with his stories but I can't say since I missed the show.

- JerseyThunder - 09-20-2002

Looks like smackdown has new championship belts.