CDIH
Big brother around the world - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Big brother around the world (/showthread.php?tid=3587)

- Kid Afrika - 09-25-2002

Here's the backstory...

I started downloading episodes of BigBrother Australia earlier this year, and I'm a reality TV junkie so I really liked it quite a bit. It was cool to see people from other countries in a somewhat relaxed setting.

Towards the end of the season, BigBrother UK3 was starting, so I downloading that too. Same story, cool to check out the foreigners.

So now, I'm back to watching BBUS and I have to say, the others have our show beat by a fucking mile. The people on BBUS are totally spoiled as far as accomodations and the shit they get away with.

For instance, in BBUK and BBAU if you wanted to talk to "Big Brother" you had to go into the diary room. On BBUS, they just talk directly to Big Brother regardless of where they are in the house (this causes the internet feed to show the front of the house and kill all microphones).

In BBAU, they earned "Big Ones" for certain challenges and could used "Big Ones" to purchase beer and other extra shit besides food. But, if they were warned too many times for microphone abuse (not wearing their microphones), they were charged Big Ones as a result.

In BBUK, they split the house into two parts at one point - the rich half and the poor half. The poor side had to subsist on chick peas and rice, which they had to cook on an outdoor grill. The rich side was given $400 (british) per week for groceries. So anyway, at one point the poor people crossed the divide to steal shit from the poor side. They were given "strikes" for blatantly breaking the rules. 3 strikes, and you're out.

Also on BBUK, one guy (Sandy) decided he didn't want to stay in the BigBrother house anymore. So, BigBrother arranged that he would leave the following evening... Sandy climbed the wall in the backyard that morning, escaping from the BB house.

Also, on both BBUK and BBAU, there was no talk allowed about nominations and the public made the vote on who was evicted. To me, this made the house much more interesting as there were no real alliances since nobody knew who voted for whom.

Obviously, there was no head of household on either of the foreign versions of Big Brother that I've seen and it really made the house a lot better.

BBUS is all about alliances and bullshit, while the others were more about getting along in the house and surviving the nominations. To me, there was a lot better entertainment without all of the scheming and backstabbing, and no discussion of nominations.

So anyway, I can't wait for the next season of BBAU to start, it far and away rules over BBUS.

Thank you for listening, I now return you to your normally scheduled board reading.

- Hybrid - 09-25-2002

thanks Kid Ikea

- Galt - 09-25-2002

Quote:Here's the backstory...

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

- The Sleeper - 09-25-2002

dude...nooone cares

- fbd - 09-25-2002

Quote:Also, on both BBUK and BBAU, there was no talk allowed about nominations and the public made the vote on who was evicted. To me, this made the house much more interesting as there were no real alliances since nobody knew who voted for whom.

Obviously, there was no head of household on either of the foreign versions of Big Brother that I've seen and it really made the house a lot better.
they tried that here...o&a rigged it, so they got a new system. but you really overanalized big brother

Quote:dude...nooone cares
I do. That's why I took the time to write it.

Quote:but you really overanalized big brother
Yeah, I know. Pretty sad, ain't it?

- Arpikarhu - 09-25-2002

i thought this was going to be Lent's vacation slides Undecided

I hate to admit it arpi, but that was actually pretty funny.

- Arpikarhu - 09-25-2002

:fuggin:

Stop doing bullshit posts just so that your name is on all the forums. :fuckoff:

- Arpikarhu - 09-25-2002

your assessment of my motivation is incorrect

- Skitchr4u - 09-25-2002

thanks for the info kid...but check out bb germany or holland, they are almost always naked in it...it was cool to seethe differences