CDIH
Memoirs of a trip to las vegas - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Memoirs of a trip to las vegas (/showthread.php?tid=3629)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

- Kid Afrika - 09-30-2002

In this thread, I will share info about my trip to las vegas. It will be tedious to most, but some might enjoy it...

So far, I love this fucking place. It's a party town that has no rivals.

Everything is new, and there is more new shit popping up every day.

Because Las Vegas is in the southwest, there are a lot of restaurants here that you wouldn't see in the tri-state. For instance, I had my first In-N-Out Burger the other day. Man, the "Double-Double" 0WNZ any hamburger you've ever eaten from a fast food joint.

They also have, Carl's Jr., Arby's, Del Taco, Fatburger, Sonic, Jack in the Box and the standard issue fast food joints.

The convenience stores here sell liquor 24/7, and they have slot machines in them.

Everywhere you look, there's something you haven't seen before. There are pawn shops everywhere, and check cashing places that will cash post-dated checks.

It's obvious that people here get themselves in financial trouble all of the time.

The view from nearly anywhere in the city is breathtaking, as Las Vegas lies in a valley surrounded by mountains on all sides. So, no matter where you are, you can see mountains in the background. (I'll share some pics when I get back home)

To put my apartment hunt in perspective, there are apartment complexes every other block. They all have low security deposits and they strive to have the lowest move-in cost in the city.

i.e. - The place I found today has a $99 move-in fee. That includes your first month's rent. They do charge $300 for "cleaning fees", but Hell it's better than 1 1/2 months rent as a security deposit, plus the first month's rent to move in. Plus, nearly every complex has a workout room, pool and clubhouse.

Just to make you NYers sick, I'll be paying about $640/month for a one bedroom apartment with the above ammenities, plus a washer and dryer in the apartment. Not to mention the fact that it's a gated community and my apartment has a view, across a park, of a gorgeous mountain over which I will get to see the sunset every night.

New York may be the city that never sleeps, but Las Vegas is "Sin City", and everything here would certainly invite the weak-minded to commit "sin".

For me, it's been a lot of fun, even though I'm exploring it by my(anti-social)self.

- The Sleeper - 09-30-2002

Quote:(I'll share some pics when I get back home)
CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT

- Arpikarhu - 09-30-2002

i know people who live in vegas and they all say the same thing: it's great for the first year and then it is the most boring awful place on earth to live.

Ya know arpi, somehow I don't doubt that. Thankfully, my being here will be doing wonders for my career. So, I'll suffer through it.

I full admit that the fact that this is my first time here has influenced my view of the town. I wouldn't be surprised at all if I moved to Henderson after my first year here. Everyone (three people) that I know here have done the same.

you should move to Utah instead. It also has nice mountains, and you would increase the black population by 50%

- Jack - 09-30-2002

Why in gods name are you posting on the board when you are in Vegas and it is only 10:00 PM EST? Its got to only be 8:00 PM there. :disappointed:

- Arpikarhu - 09-30-2002

Quote:Thankfully, my being here will be doing wonders for my career
alot of refrigerator repair work there?

When did I become the maytag repair man?

Jack, did you expect that crossing state lines would all of the sudden make me a social butterfly?

I bet you've been to that motown resteraunt at least 3 times.

- PollyannaFlower46 - 09-30-2002

Kid, I don't know if you're a big drinker, but LZ told me once about some bar/hotel/something or other that makes their own infused vodka that's supposed to be to die for.

Oh, and I want to go to Vegas!

- Jack - 09-30-2002

I'm not social either but I wouldn't be cooped up in my hotel room posting on the board if I was in Vegas. Thats for Damn sure.

yes you would be

You should come to vegas sleeper, they would love you here.

nah, My humor is more Branson, Missouri style

Jack, I spent the majority of the day today exploring. Last night, I drove around the strip for about an hour. I've seen the sights. Now, I want to relax. I have to work in the morning.

- virgingrrl - 09-30-2002

sounds great...glad you had a great time kid :thumbs-up:

i have decided this weekend that i don't ever want to live anywhere other then jersey. i <3 dirty jersey.

Quote:(I'll share some pics when I get back home)

my pictures from my vaca beat yours...but im not posting them :-p

Edited By virgingrrl on Sep. 29 2002 at 10:48

Quote:but im not posting them
good, I like when pictures are privately sent to me better.

- Hybrid - 09-30-2002

i want to see Undecided

- virgingrrl - 09-30-2002

great....you are going to love the one of me on my knees puking on the side of route 95 in connecticut. what a fucking trip....to bad you overslept birthday boy.

actually that is kinda hot.