CDIH
Mlb playoffs / world series thread - Discussion for baseball post-season. - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Mlb playoffs / world series thread - Discussion for baseball post-season. (/showthread.php?tid=3772)

Pages: 1 2 3

- PeterDragon - 10-14-2002

Well, I don't see any MLB playoff thread since Yankees got smoked. I of course knew the Angels would be unstoppable (and there is no evidence to the contrary).

They have really rode their hot streak. Excellent bullpen, aggressive baserunning, and they have shown the ability to put together the big inning.
They are in WS for first time, and are a good story.

Cards & Giants putting together an excellent series. The cards really seemed to pull themselves together after their losses - LaRussa might be doing the best job of his career with that staff. Giants showing guts in beating Atlanta, and jumped out to the big start in StL. They probably have superior pitching, but it ain't over yet.

Does anyone else there care, or has baseball fallen off the map when your favorite team was eliminated?

- Teenweek - 10-14-2002

Quote:Does anyone else there care, or has baseball fallen off the map when your favorite team was eliminated?

Yep pretty much. Once the Yankees, my interest in baseball is about the same as going to a Froy hosted board event. Really only watch if there is NOTHING else on. I am talking all local channels, all cable channels, including Animal Planet and the Women's Entertainment network. I just don't want to see that Asshole Barry Bonds win a World Series and I don't want to hear the douchebag on FAN gloating how the Yankees suck and the Giants won the WOrld Series.

- PeterDragon - 10-14-2002

That's understandable, except the angels are really a good story. I never thought I'd be able to root for Scoscia (after what he did in '88). I mean, Adam Kennedy with 3 HR? not exactly Reggie.

Of course they are California fans, who need Rally Monkey and thunder sticks, but at least they appreciate their team, not like suck-ass Braves fans. Can you imagine Yankee playoff games not being sold out, no matter how many times they've been there?

Contract Atlanta, not Minn.

- Teenweek - 10-14-2002

I would rather see a rally monkey win the World Series than a stupid Asshole monkey named Bonds.

- Keyser Soze - 10-14-2002

Quote:Contract Atlanta, not Minn.

I loathe Atlanta and their few and fickle fans. I lost interest the day after the Mets season ended (i think that was say, April 12th). I had some mild interest in seeing how the Yanks would do, now I could really care less. I would have been rooting for Oakland or Minnisota but alas, they were eliminated as well.

Football has my full attention at the moment, and soon the NBA season will share my attention.

- GonzoStyle - 10-14-2002

I fuckin hate the angels, I woulda rather seen Minn. in the series.

I just pray to go the Cardinals do not make it. Fuckin sob story team, I can see the espn specials now.

The season that was:

The cardinals whom started off on fire, slowly began to crumble as death struck tragic blows to the organization...:cue sappy string music:. But they overcame adversity to make it to the world series... :cue sob interview" This was for Daryl and Buck...:cue footage of a child in a daryl kile jersey:....

I will fuckin kill someone.

I hope bonds gets his ring so these fuckin haters can get off his jock. Cause being the most prolific power hitter since ruth is not enough. Breaking record after record is not enough. When you are that close to greatness you deserve the right to be pompus.

Look at Galt, he reigns down tyranny and choas and he is pompus.

- Galt - 10-14-2002

Bonds is misunderstood.

He's also better than Shea Hillenbrand, let alone Babe Ruth

- The Sleeper - 10-14-2002

I still think that radio prank on Daryl Kile's widow was comedy gold.

you trying to say shea is better than babe?

Bonds just wants to play the game, it's called professionalism. He wants to win, I see nothing wrong with that. McGwire was different he just was a jackass.

- Galt - 10-14-2002

FINALLY someone has said it.

I laughed silently for the last three weeks.

Bonds is a fine American and is well deserving of a ring.

Quote:FINALLY someone has said it.

I laughed silently for the last three weeks.

who?

- Galt - 10-14-2002

I'm just happy he's doing well in the playoffs. I am so fucking sick of hearing that he's no good because he hit .200 in like 10 games in the playoffs in his career.

He's put up numbers that dwarf anyone else who's ever played the sport, yet all people harp on is that, and how he doesn't give the press handjobs.

The press is stupid, and all they try and do is stir up shit.

me

Bonds is awesome, and I don't think he's an Asshole either, but he still is not better than Babe Ruth.

Hey how many of the greats, beside the yankees have honestly won a lot of series or done as well in playoff play as they did in the regular season?

Ty Cobb never won a series and did awful in his appearnces. How many did Willie Mays win? How many did Ted Williams win? The list goes on and on.

To fault a man like bonds, in a sport where team is emphasized most is stupid. Jordan could take over a whole game and win it, you can always pitch around one man in baseball.

- Galt - 10-14-2002

Ruth was better than the players he played against by a wider margin than Bonds, but you transport Bonds to 1920 (and paint him white so they let him play), and he'd hit .450 with 100 homers every year.

It would be like playing against high schoolers

Babe Ruth could strike Bonds out and then hit a homer in the other half of the inning.

lets just do the easy thing and say Ruth is the greatest white player of all time, and Bonds is the greatest black player of all time. See, segregation always works out in the end!

- Galt - 10-14-2002

That would work except for the fact that Ruth was half nigger.

It's a fact. Look at his nose.