CDIH
Message board history - Help me out here.... - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Message board history - Help me out here.... (/showthread.php?tid=3843)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

- Luna - 10-17-2002

I've been a member of one board (CDIH) or another (OA.com) since I started working at home a year ago last June. Some or most of you have been around since the beginning of opieanthony.com or even on whackbag at one time or another. Sometimes I see references to names I've never run into like Upuauat, IP, fingerbang...etc. Who were these posters? How did they become (for lack of a better word)
legends?

Any of you veterans out there care to tell the tale?
:clueless:

- OAS - 10-17-2002

Is this beginning of time question meant to be a dig? Confusedneak:

- Hybrid - 10-17-2002

ask gonzo. he knows everything about everything. :-p

- Kim - 10-17-2002

Nope they didn't have computers then OAS ;-)

- Luna - 10-17-2002

Quote:Is this beginning of time question meant to be a dig? Confusedneak:
Nooooooooooooooooo!!!! Not at all. I'm probably the only one that doesn't pick on you about that anyway. ;-)

- GonzoStyle - 10-17-2002

Upuauat was a geek, in essence his "legend" was more so created by the members than himself. Upuauat was a friend of mine and I honestly liked the guy a lot. He always admited he was a hypocrite and an Asshole and even egotistical but only cause people fed into it.

Basically after the bang party and when all the shit got out on air. Upuauat, myself, njdude and others called in to defend the board. As a joke ant asked for Up to be banned, IP instant feedbacked the show saying "sorry ant, he stays". From that moment on it began, Up and IP developed a sick relationship but I won't get into that cause it involves personal information.

Up was a nice person when you met him off the board but majorly geeky, he reminds me a lot of the guy from american pie, the one who fucked stiflers mother. When I met him at the ESPN zone (bang party) he had his sig pic printed up and on his shirt.

Basically he started the "strike" system on OA.com and more or less had more power than froy did at one point. He was smart but sometimes tried to come off being things he was not.

Before Up the mod position was not viewed as something that held "power", he basically started it all. With tooling on the newbies, bannings, strikes, etc. Up changed a lot and it took us a long time to get away from the feeling that mods were egomaniacs, while some were not all of them were.

In essence he created a persona, like a tyler durden type thing. People fed into it and a lot of what he is now is blown out of proportion. But he did something right cause to this day people still talk about him. He had an alter ego online and it gave him a chance to probably do stuff he couldn't in real life.

IP basically was the 1st female member and the 1st mod made by froy, we all know how women are favored and IP was everyones "sister" or whatever. She basically was ok but nothing special, she is mostly remembered cause of Up.

Up was a cool guy but I lost any and all respect for him when he just left and disappeared without a trace and left a lot of people, who thought he was their friends in the dust.

- diceisgod - 10-17-2002

Did IP blow Spaz too?

No, but pumpkinprincess did.

- 2 tired 2 give N F - 10-17-2002

how long was the board around prior to the 'bang' party...I was one of the people jumping the bandwagon after the bang party put the board on the air...

- Luna - 10-17-2002

Oh yeah.....I wandered onto the board that day, too, but I didn't really stick around

What was the "Bang Party" all about?

Edited By LunaBabe on 1034897449

- diceisgod - 10-17-2002

Quote:What was the "Bang Party" all about?

I wasn't there but I heard that each female member of the board that attended got a free ride on the pinball machine.

Well the board opened in May of 2000, officially. The board was originally a part of thehellhole.com, which is vin and froys "south park" site. Froy posted a message on sniffins "internet radio message board". Two people saw that link, it was only up for 10 minutes, one was opak and the other was IP.

The bang party took place on september 29th, 2000. Basically Fingerbang started the idea of us getting together, there was a party the week before which no one showed up to cause of poor planning. The ESPN zone party was actually fun, barring what happened afterwards. Spaz, Mark, Kev, Stinky showed up along with about 40 members.

What happened afterwards is simple. Spaz missed his train, I was outside with mark when spaz was on the phone with erika, seems like she was pissed, mark said he was in trouble. Mark and sleepyprincess went along with pumpkinprincess, spaz, BNL, and PR to the howard johnsons, room 808. Fingerbang showed up later on, on his own accord, he basically got in cause he chipped in for the room.

The next day mark mentioned he fucked a board member and that spaz was there. Due to spaz's past cheating on his g/f, O&A made a stink about it and mark said some things that were insulting to sleepy princess basically that he fucked her but she was a pig. She called and then mister "15 minutes of fame" Fingerbang called and said spaz was in the room, he got an invite to teen week friday for that.

That is the story in a nutshell.

- Hey Ladi - 10-17-2002

Just excerpts from the tell all book.

- Tenbatsuzen - 10-18-2002

I'll answer a question before it gets even asked.

"A Day In The Life..." was a thread started by me under a previous name, HebrankoKFC. I took this name because I was interning during Psycho Mark's first day of work at WNEW. Roger, the famed "Pop-Tart" promotions director and namesake of a person who doesn't need to mentioned, asked me to accompany Mark during his first stunt, delivery of a bucket of fried chicken to hospitalized 1000 pound man Michael Hebranko.

Anyway, Upuauat had been fucking with me on the board, so I decided to fuck back. I posted a couple of pictures from "The Animal", which included Rob Schneider humping a mailbox, indicating this was Upuauat.

Naturally, the lemmings didn't take kindly to this, that someone had the gall to fuck with their beloved Upuauat.

I made the mistake of "backpedalling" and the one-trick pony Crybaby Howie made things worse. I ended up looking like a major Asshole (which I am, but hey...) and Froy decided to ban me "for the sake of the board" because I was "dangerous".

"A Day in the Life" also has the distinction of being one of the first chat threads on OA.com.

- The Sleeper - 10-18-2002

you need to write that book...seriously...i am not even joking in the least...write it...please...now.

Tenbats, your 15 minutes was over 2 years ago. stop holding onto it already. christ on a motherfucking stick.

- Tenbatsuzen - 10-18-2002

Quote:Tenbats, your 15 minutes was over 2 years ago. stop holding onto it already. christ on a motherfucking stick.

Jesus Christ, Sleeper, it's not like my sig says, "I'm Matty Fridays, I Fucked Ice Cream Girl."

I don't know what that means nor do I want to.

- Luna - 10-18-2002

Thank you, Gonzo and Tenbats. :-)

C'MON MORE STORIES!!!! :firebounce: