CDIH
Nfl week 7 predictions - Make your own picks ova here - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Nfl week 7 predictions - Make your own picks ova here (/showthread.php?tid=3848)

- x-file - 10-18-2002

Not sure if anybody cares here, but I've enjoyed this so if you don't, suck it. Anyway My picks are:

Rams def. Seahawks
Jets def. Vikings
49ers def. Saints
Phins def. Bills
Broncos def. Chiefs
Bears def. Lions
Jags def. Ravens
Falcons def. Panthers
Texans def. Browns
Raiders def. Chargers
Packers def. Skins
Cowboys def. Cards
Steelers def. Colts

- diceisgod - 10-18-2002

but where's the anaylsis hmmmm?

- Keyser Soze - 10-18-2002

I agree with all x's pick except Jags def. Ravens. I think the Ravens are on the rise and their defense still looks strong even without Ray Lewis. Beating the Jags isn't exactly a tremendous feat and I think the Ravens are up to it.

- sblueman - 10-18-2002

Rams over the Seahawks
The Rams finally got Marshall going and Seattle just does not have enough to pull it out. Marc Bulger might be green, but he may be the most physically talented QB the Rams have.

Jets over the Vikings
The Vikes defense leaves much to be desired. The Jets are coming off a bye and finally got their running game going albeit vs a weak Chiefs unit. Look for Curtis and Co. to play keep-a-way with the ball and win a close one

49ers over Saints
The Saints are playing great ball right now and with the 49ers missing some key players on defense (Zach Bronson, Jamie Winborn, Joh Engleberger) you'd think the 49ers are set for a loss. But the Saints secondary has been real bad and Terrell Owens is overdue for a big game.

Bills over the Fish
The Fish are missing their starting QB and both starting Wr's. Ricky Williams will be keyed on and stuffed. Look for Bledsoe to struggle vs a tough defense but pull off the upset. The annual Miami nosedive starts this weekend.

Broncos over the Chiefs
The Chiefs can score in bunches. The Chiefs can't stop opponents from scoring in bunches. The Broncos can score in bunches. The Broncos can stop teams from scoring in bunches. You do the math.

Bears over the Lions
The Lions have been valiant the last couple weeks. Joey Harrington has given this franchise some life. But expect another close loss to a Bear team that is hungry for a win to get them back on track.

Ravens over the Jags
The Jags might be without Brunell. If they have to go with david Garrard (who?) at QB you can expect a Ravens win. Even without Ray Lewis they gave the Colts offense fits. Imagine what they will do to a QB who didn't even crack 100 yards vs the soft Tennessee secondary.

Atlanta over the Panthers
Vick is back. Look for him to make some plays vs an overrated Panther defense. The Falcons are underrated at defense, and Peete or Weinke does not scare anyone.

Browns over the Texans
The Browns could easily be 4-2 at this point (remember the week 1 blunder by Dwayne Rudd and the OT loss to the Steelers). They are back home and pissed over loosing 3 straight. The Texans are game, but just don't have enough to win this one on the road. Expect a defensive battle and a Browns win.

Raiders over the Chargers
Will people stop sucking the Chargers dicks for their start? Big fucking deal they are 5-1. They are 4-0 vs teams who didn't make the playoffs last year. The Raiders forgot to show up vs the Rams and are now targeting the Chargers. They'll show up this week and continue to stuff the run.

Green Bay over the Redskins
How long will Spurrier keep ramsey in there? The crybaby is liable to give him the hook at any time after his less than impressive preformance vs the Saints. Green Bay might not be a defensive juggernaut, but Favre has enough to keep this game from ever getting close.

Arizona over the Cowboys
The Cowboys rollercoaster continues this week. Arizona will have more Dallas fans show up to the game like usual but the Cards will pull it out with Jake Plummer throwing to a fresh David Boston and that huge offensive line battering the Cowboys D-line.

Philly over the Bucs
Two of the best NFC teams duke it out. The Eagles have a playmaker who will make a difference in Donovan McNabb. The Bucs might be strong on D, but their offense is still looking for an identity and this is not the week to invent it vs a tough Eagles D.

Steelers over the Colts
The Colts might be 4-1 but until they can win a game like this on the road they will be considered a soft team. I expect Jerome Bettis and company to control the clock and force Manning into some mistakes late for a Steeler win

Edited By sblueman on 1034924725

- Metalfan - 10-18-2002

Quote:Jets def. Vikings

No no no no no.......Let the Jets go 1-15 so they can get the #1 pick and turn him into a useless fucking waste of money and shoulder pads like any other decent player they've ever gotten.

Gah Damn they suck!

- sblueman - 10-20-2002

So far I am 6-1....not bad!(Damn 49ers blew a 4th quarter lead) If Denver pulls of the game I'll go 7-1 in the early games.

- Keyser Soze - 10-20-2002

blueman the greek!

- Tenbatsuzen - 10-20-2002

Quote:No no no no no.......Let the Jets go 1-15 so they can get the #1 pick and turn him into a useless fucking waste of money and shoulder pads like any other decent player they've ever gotten.

Recent Jet draft picks include Keyshawn Johnson, Anthony Becht, John Abraham, Chad Pennington (324 yards today) and Santana Moss (111 yards today).

If you are referring to #1 picks, then maybe THAT makes sense, but when was the last time the Jets had #1 overall?

EDIT: Keyshawn was #1 overall. The compensation for Keyshawn was Chad Pennington via the Bucs draft pick.

Edited By Tenbatsuzen on 1035147589

- mikehern - 10-21-2002

Quote:Bills over the Fish
The Fish are missing their starting QB and both starting Wr's. Ricky Williams will be keyed on and stuffed. Look for Bledsoe to struggle vs a tough defense but pull off the upset. The annual Miami nosedive starts this weekend.

SBlueman you got this one right but, I hope your are wrong about the Dolphin nosedive.
I'm hoping the the bye week will Lucas a chance to shake off the rust.
[Wishful Thinking]Lucas and Chris Carter could do some damage.[/Wishful Thinking]

- Austin - 10-23-2002

Quote:Lucas and Chris Carter could do some damage

Yeah, and Danny Kannel is gonna make a comeback and become the NFL's leading passer.

- mikehern - 10-23-2002

Quote:Yeah, and Danny Kannel is gonna make a comeback and become the NFL's leading passer.

I better see if he is available in myy fantasy league.

- x-file - 10-23-2002

Kennel is worthless, how could you even joke like that. Dave Brown, now thats who you should be looking for.