CDIH
Anaheim angels 2002 world champions - Who woulda thunk it???? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Anaheim angels 2002 world champions - Who woulda thunk it???? (/showthread.php?tid=3984)

- Keyser Soze - 10-28-2002

The fucking Angels? So much for the idea that theres no parity in baseball. Granted they're not a small market team but they're no Stienbrenner Incorporated squad. I really wanted to see Bonds get his ring but I guess that just means he's gonna have to stick around longer to get it. Great series, great season. I was in shock this morning when I read the paper and heard they came back after I left to go to a Halloween party and they were down 5-0. Unbelievable.

- The Jays - 10-28-2002

...fucking expansion teams .....

- crx girl - 10-28-2002

didn't the marlins win once too?

- The Jays - 10-28-2002

... and so did Arizona.... expansion teams suck ass...

- Teenweek - 10-28-2002

Fuck the Giants. So happy the Giants did not win, so Asshole Russo has nothing to crow about today. Fuck the Giants, Fucks Bonds and Fuck the Crack Committee and Fuck Russo.; :fuckoff:

- slackjaw - 10-28-2002

Quote:...fucking expansion teams .....

I think after 42 years you can stop calling them an expansion team. Hell, the Angels came into MLB the year before the Mets did.

Fuck you Barry Bonds, no ring for you this year, better double up the steroid dosage next year and maybe you make out a bit better.

- GonzoStyle - 10-28-2002

Quote:Fuck you Barry Bonds, no ring for you this year, better double up the steroid dosage next year and maybe you make out a bit better.

Yeah cause Bonds had a horrible world series, pffft. He only broke a few records along the way.

I hate the angels with a passion but give the devil his due, they were an outstanding team. Phenominal old school baseball, they had the homers but they didn't rely on them. Contact hitting, running and great defense. Reminds me a lot of the 96 yankees, it was just meant to be.

Back to back 1st time championship winners, Arizona and now the Angels. Arizona was an expansion team, the angels after 42 years, I think earned their place.

Did anyone else notice Selig almost call them the "California" Angels?

- PeterDragon - 10-28-2002

Angels were the team I wanted because of the effort they put into it, even if Scoscia was the manager.

These were excellent WS games even though no one watched. Back and forth games, great comebacks. The only thing missing was starting pitching, and the Angels put together a good 7th game effort. The only better ending could have been to have Bonds up as a tying / go ahead run.

And Gonzo, not only did Selig start with "Ca...Anaheim" (even though he had his crib sheets), but Jean Autry called them "California Angels".

Percival is everything Armando Benitez should be (but isn't). Even though he can be wild, he gets the job done when he has to. Nen blew one against Glaus - after Glaus swings at a pitch 2 feet out of the zone, how do you give him a pitch to hit?

Well, now onto the Hot Stove league.

OK - what big player will the Yankees sign this winter? :poke:

- Teenweek - 10-28-2002

Quote:OK - what big player will the Yankees sign this winter?
Hideki Matsui :bouncer:

- GonzoStyle - 10-28-2002

I wouldn't be surprised if they went for Aurillia.

Kent is a no-no since he is about a year or two away from playing 1st base, full time.

- The Jays - 10-28-2002

Quote:Hell, the Angels came into MLB the year before the Mets did.

... that's your defense?

I consider any team that came into the league after the Yankees an expansion team....

- JimmyBlueEyes - 10-29-2002

Anybody but the Yankees....thank you God

- slackjaw - 10-29-2002

Quote:... that's your defense?

Well, no actually, the term defense would be completely out of context in this case. It would be my rebuttal to your original statement. Now.....

Quote:I consider any team that came into the league after the Yankees an expansion team....
... would certainly be an excellent example of a defense of your position.

Of course, that may be a silly position to take considering the fact that the Yankees themselves were one of the original expansion teams, but hey, to each his own.
:-p

- criticslovesnatch - 10-29-2002

Good.

Fuck Barry. He's great and all, but I hope he never gets his ring.

- GonzoStyle - 10-29-2002

The Highlanders were in the league before the yankees.

- The Sleeper - 10-29-2002

and do you know what year the Highlanders became the Yankees? No cheating..

- slackjaw - 10-29-2002

1913 I believe

- The Jays - 10-29-2002

and didn't the orioles come to NY and change their name to the Highlanders?

- Arpikarhu - 10-29-2002

tom glavine

- PeterDragon - 10-29-2002

Quote:Quote
I consider any team that came into the league after the Yankees an expansion team....
... would certainly be an excellent example of a defense of your position.

Of course, that may be a silly position to take considering the fact that the Yankees themselves were one of the original expansion teams, but hey, to each his own.

Hell, the whole American League is an expansion league (founded in 1901 - what whippersnappers!!)
Quote:I wouldn't be surprised if they went for Aurillia.
For what, 2nd base? that sure as Hell would be interesting.
Glavine to Red Sox; Matsui & Edgardo Alfonzo to Yankees.
And orioles became the NY Giants :fuggin: