CDIH
College football and bcs rankings - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: College football and bcs rankings (/showthread.php?tid=3995)

Pages: 1 2

- Teenweek - 10-28-2002

Oklahoma
Miami
Notre Dame
Virginia Tech
Ohio State
Georgia
N.C. State

All these teams are still undefeated. Without a playoff system, what the Hell is the the BCS or the BUll Crap Shit committee is going to do to decide a National Champion. They already fucked Miami making them number 2 even though they are defending national champs and have won 29 in a row. I was reading newspapers and tehy were saying if both remain undefeated Notre Dame might skip over Miami in the rankings.

They need a fucking playoff already. This is ridiculous.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 10-28-2002

Quote:BUll Crap Shit

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GOOD ONE!!!!111

- mikehern - 10-28-2002

I watched Ohio State beat Penn State on Saturday.
I would love to see an Ohio State vs. Miami game.

- Teenweek - 10-29-2002

Notre Dame is 3rd. .30 percentage points behind Miami. Looks like the BCS wants Notre Dame in the title game and not Miami. Looks like Oklahoma is in as long as they win the remaining games.

- Arpikarhu - 10-29-2002

notre dame always gets special consideration cause they get good ratings and the ncaa can charge more to air thier games and the networks can charge more for ad time. its a fucking crock. i hate notre dame, miami should be number 1.

- Teenweek - 10-29-2002

BCS rankings

Here are all the rankings and breakdowns. Can someone explain to me on some of the polls why Miami is as low as 5th. They have won 29 straight and are the defending national champions. Who is beating them. No one. If they don't lose, how the fuck could they be out of the championship game. I guess they need to beat Rutgers 1 million to nothing this week to have a chance of keeping their number 2 ranking because I read Notre Dame can pull ahead of Miami as early as next week.

- Teenweek - 11-05-2002

Well it looks like the BCS is trying to keep Miami out of the title game. I don't know, you are the defending National Champion, have won 30 in a row and if everyone remains undefeated they won't go to the Fiesta Bowl. Fuck this goddamn retarded BCS. Have a playoff system at least with the top 4 teams if anything.

from espn.com:

Look who's No. 2 in the new Bowl Championship Series standings.

Ohio State, helped by a big quality win over Washington State earlier this year and Miami's drop in The Associated Press poll, has overtaken the Hurricanes in the standings released Monday.

The Buckeyes jumped three spots and nudged past defending champion Miami, which stayed unbeaten while posting its school-record 30th straight win Saturday, 42-17 over Rutgers.

But the Hurricanes had to rally in the fourth quarter, and that cost them. Oklahoma remained No. 1 while Ohio State moved into second with 5.57 points, 0.44 ahead of Miami.

The top two teams in the final BCS standings released Dec. 8 will play in the national title game at the Fiesta Bowl in Tempe, Ariz., on Jan. 3.

"We are proud of what our young men have done to date,'' Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said. "But we know if we don't play our best road game of the year at Purdue, we won't be No. 2 next week.''

Ohio State has a 6.17 composite total, compared to Miami's 6.01. But the Buckeyes got a 0.6 deduction for a 25-7 victory over Washington State on Sept. 14. Miami has no bonus-point deductions.

The quality win deductions were added last year after Miami failed to make the national championship game over Florida State following the 2000 season despite beating the Seminoles earlier in the year.

The Hurricanes' struggles against lowly Rutgers dropped them to No. 2 in the AP media poll. A component of the BCS standings includes the average of the AP media and coaches poll. Miami is No. 1 in the coaches poll, giving it a 1.5 poll average.

If Miami had stayed No. 1 in both polls, its poll average would have been 1 -- putting the Hurricanes 0.06 points ahead of the Buckeyes.

"I can't be overly concerned about what the pollsters do,'' Miami coach Larry Coker said Monday about the AP media poll. "First of all it will be easy to rate us if we don't play better. The thing we have to do is make sure we get it corrected and win the games. If we do that, the polls will take care of themselves.

"I know that sounds like a broken record, but I really believe it's true.''

Miami (8-0) trailed 17-14 entering the fourth quarter at Rutgers. Oklahoma (8-0), meanwhile, dominated then-No. 13 Colorado 27-11, and that was enough to change the poll.

The Hurricanes lost 27 first-place votes to Oklahoma and had their record run of 21 consecutive polls at No. 1 snapped.

"Nobody wants us in the national championship game,'' Miami tailback Willis McGahee said. "The minute we lose we'll probably fall down to No. 10. I don't know why there are so many haters.''

The BCS formula uses the AP media and coaches' polls, computer polls, strength of schedule, won-loss record and a bonus-point system.

Oklahoma has 2.04 points -- 1.5 for poll average, 1 for computer-rank average, 0.24 for strength of schedule, zero for losses and a 0.7 deduction for a victory over Texas.

Ohio State has 5.57 points -- 3 for poll average, 2.33 for computer-rank average, 0.84 for strength of schedule and a 0.6 deduction for the victory over Washington State.

Miami has 6.01 points -- 1.5 for poll average, 2.67 for computer-rank average, 1.84 for schedule rank and no bonus-point deduction.

Texas is fourth at 10.03 followed by Washington State (13.05) and Georgia (15.03). Notre Dame dropped four spots to No. 7 with 15.33 points after losing to Boston College.

In the next few weeks, the Hurricanes have a chance of passing the Buckeyes. Their strength of schedule will go up with games at Tennessee (5-3) this week, then No. 22 Pittsburgh (7-2), Syracuse (3-6) and No. 8 Virginia Tech (8-1).

Big wins in any of those games could put them back at No. 1 in the AP poll as well.

Ohio State, meanwhile, has games remaining at Illinois (3-6) and against No. 13 Michigan (7-2).

Oklahoma looks like it is in the driver's seat, with games remaining against Texas A&M (5-4), Baylor (3-6), Texas Tech (6-4) and Oklahoma State (4-4). But then the Sooners have to play in the Big 12 championship game.

- LyricalGomez - 11-05-2002

Quote:Well it looks like the BCS is trying to keep Miami out of the title game. I don't know, you are the defending National Champion, have won 30 in a row and if everyone remains undefeated they won't go to the Fiesta Bowl. Fuck this goddamn retarded BCS. Have a playoff system at least with the top 4 teams if anything.

Say it one more time and it might come true

- Teenweek - 11-05-2002

I love college football, but I am tired of the BCS fucking everything up. I want to watch the best game and that game is Miami vs Oklahoma. Not Oklahoma vs Ohio State or Oklahoma vs Virginia Tech or Oklahoma vs Notre Dame.

They need a playoff system or get rid of the BCS altogether.

- Lord Slug - 11-05-2002

I am sick to death that Penn State is still ranked. They already have lost, what, 3 games? And still in the top 20? What the fuck? What does it take for you to drop out of the poll? The fix is in! goddamn coaches smoking the dope. -not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm just a Penn State hater. Don't mind me.

- LyricalGomez - 11-05-2002

Teenweek, we got it the first time you said it, you don't need to keep repeating yourself

- crx girl - 11-05-2002

yes, the bcs is a large pile of shit. it's gonna stay that way as long as the sponsors have a say in who plays what. it's a business. and it's a real shame because one extra game for the top 4, or even a mini playoff for the top 8 wouldn't really be so difficult to pull off. but, i don't see that happening any time soon.

- Lord Slug - 11-06-2002

Quote:but, i don't see that happening any time soon.
Not unless something really fucked-up happens, like 3 or 4 teams having undefeated records.

- Teenweek - 11-06-2002

Quote:Not unless something really fucked-up happens, like 3 or 4 teams having undefeated records.

Well there are 3 left now. BCS had to blow their loads after Notre Dame, Georgia and Virginia Tech lost this weekend. What happens if Oklahoma, Miami and Ohio State are all undefeated.

- HollywoodJewMoses - 11-06-2002

bowling green is undefeated also

- Teenweek - 11-06-2002

That's like saying my community college is undefeated as well. It is between Miami, Ohio State and Oklahoma.

- Teenweek - 11-10-2002

Well so far teh BCS got lucky. See ya Oklahoma :banana: :ofl:

- criticslovesnatch - 11-10-2002

I hope OSU loses to Michigan, and there will be at least 5 1-loss teams that all think they deserve to be in Tempe. Basically every year my hope is that the BCS gets so fucked up that people have no choice but to get rid of it, and (god willing) instill a playoff system. of course, I'm sure the people in charge won't have that.

- AFDude - 11-10-2002

Maryland still won't ever have a chance dude, no matter what happens to the BCS... :lol:

- criticslovesnatch - 11-10-2002

i'm not stupid. i know that.

if FSU loses a conference game, they can go back to the orange bowl though.