CDIH
Who are you people? - And what have you done to this site? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Who are you people? - And what have you done to this site? (/showthread.php?tid=4126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- virgingrrl - 11-07-2002

hi kid. :lookatme:

- IrishAlkey - 11-07-2002

Painter called Gonzo a baby.

- GonzoStyle - 11-07-2002

The members make a board, management can only run it. If you want a serious discussion start one. In all my years on the boards I have always heard the argument "no one posts serious discussions". Explain to me why is it when we do get a serious post, 9 out of 10 times it barely gets more than 20 replies?

I will tell you why, cause people come here to relax and just have fun. Once in a while a serious topic will present themselves and people will discuss it. But most of the time people wanna get away from the world of "seriousness" which they get their fill of in real life and just bullshit.

Life is like a serious movie and this board is a guilty pleasure that everyone honestly enjoys but won't tell anyone they do in real life.

No one is stopping anyone from starting an "intelligent" discussion, but you can never please 100% of the people. This place always was and will be a democracy and the numbers show that the majority of the board is happy with the direction we are in. I will not ever tell people what they can and can not post. I will tell them when they may have crossed a line but hopefully most people will use their common sense.

I have seen all the arguments and complaints over the past 2 years and since day one they have always been the same. Yet the ones who complain never offer up a change, only an opinion that has been recycled over and over again.

That is why we have different forums and different posts and poster types/styles. You don't like the direction of one post, don't reply to it and look for a different one, don't see what you like, start a new topic of discussion.

Also don't give me the whole "everything is a chat thread now". It's a discussion board, last I checked the point was to chat. As far as posts being "defiled" or taken off topic, well yes I agree that is a problem at times but that is the way it always has been and will be.

I got bored with a certain few people who were the only ones starting posts. I started the "confessions" thread and I knew it would end up as it did. It also bought a lot of people closer together. It also made a lot of people who felt "uncomfortable" in posting or starting posts see that it ain't as bad as they thought it was.

Basically unless you are gonna offer and example to lead by, your opinion is pointless. Also this has been argued millions of times over and nothing you can offer opinion wise is gonna be new to me. Nothing has changed with all the discussing. The discussing is honestly what helped ruin the OA board. cause everyone repeating over and over again how much it sucked, convinced everyone it did suck, instead of taking it somewhere else people wanted to talk about how bad things were. That coupled with froys "me, me, me" attitude, killed it. Granted there were a bunch of shitty posters.

- Hybrid - 11-07-2002

goo goo gah gah

- Jack - 11-07-2002

Well put Gonzo. :bow:

Edited By Jack on 1036710367

- Weird NJ - 11-07-2002

i agree with Gonzo. hard. :-D

- The Painter - 11-07-2002

Quote:goo goo gah gah

Exactly

- Hybrid - 11-07-2002

cry me a river

- GonzoStyle - 11-07-2002

Have some jack daniels, then the posts make sense. hard.

Quote:cry me a river

I guess you forgot that Kid started this. So it should be "cry me a riba" .Over 4000 posts in less than 8 months. You must be setting a record for someone who needs a life

Quote:Have some jack daniels, then the posts make sense.

That's the best idea I've heard all day. Gonzo, you know you'll always be baby to me.

- Hybrid - 11-07-2002

Quote:Over 4000 posts in less than 8 months. You must be setting a record for someone who needs a life
wow that was witty. what do you have to say about gonzo then? oh right nothing.

I'm not going to get into a pissing contest with someone who's only been out of thier diapers for 12 years. You may wet yourself..

- Hybrid - 11-07-2002

wow age jokes and post count jokes!! you're on a role old man!!

- Brokenjaw - 11-07-2002

YA know what Bob Ross you were a cock smoking, ass kissing fuck nut on oa, and here you are just a pile of shit. Hybrid is 12, wow another one of your wity responses, god I wish I had your wit and wisdom. Go fuck your self asswipe, you and people like you are the reason THIS BOARD WAS STARTED in the first place.

- IrishAlkey - 11-08-2002

Broenjaw has one eye.

HA!

- The Jays - 11-08-2002

- PlasticMan - 11-08-2002

I have two friends who have matching Bob Ross tattoos.

How gay is that?

Sorry, I just like to bring that up any chance I get.

- PatCooper - 11-08-2002

When did the darkies get the right to voice their opinion?

- ClusterF@#$ - 11-08-2002

Quote:I have two friends who have matching Bob Ross tattoos.

Any Bob Ross artwork always has a 'happy little friend'.

- Brokenjaw - 11-08-2002

Quote:Broenjaw has one eye.

HA!

That was supposed to be our secret :fuckoff: