CDIH
Who are you people? - And what have you done to this site? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: The Pit (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Who are you people? - And what have you done to this site? (/showthread.php?tid=4126)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

- DGW - 11-08-2002

but Alkey likes your big eye

- ClusterF@#$ - 11-08-2002

Quote:but Alkey likes your <s>big eye</s> whale eye

- GonzoStyle - 11-08-2002

Quote:wow that was witty. what do you have to say about gonzo then? oh right nothing.

Dude you do not wanna grow up to be like me, I am a waste of life. Everyone knows I am a lost cause.

- DGW - 11-08-2002

plus he shaves his ballz

GW has a deep hatred for me that seems to be coming out more and more, it hurts me.

- DGW - 11-08-2002

no hatred at all
i hate no nobody
someone has to bust yer ballz

- Luna - 11-08-2002

Quote:The members make a board, management can only run it. If you want a serious discussion start one. In all my years on the boards I have always heard the argument "no one posts serious discussions". Explain to me why is it when we do get a serious post, 9 out of 10 times it barely gets more than 20 replies?

I will tell you why, cause people come here to relax and just have fun. Once in a while a serious topic will present themselves and people will discuss it. But most of the time people wanna get away from the world of "seriousness" which they get their fill of in real life and just bullshit.

Life is like a serious movie and this board is a guilty pleasure that everyone honestly enjoys but won't tell anyone they do in real life.

No one is stopping anyone from starting an "intelligent" discussion, but you can never please 100% of the people. This place always was and will be a democracy and the numbers show that the majority of the board is happy with the direction we are in. I will not ever tell people what they can and can not post. I will tell them when they may have crossed a line but hopefully most people will use their common sense.

I have seen all the arguments and complaints over the past 2 years and since day one they have always been the same. Yet the ones who complain never offer up a change, only an opinion that has been recycled over and over again.

That is why we have different forums and different posts and poster types/styles. You don't like the direction of one post, don't reply to it and look for a different one, don't see what you like, start a new topic of discussion.

Also don't give me the whole "everything is a chat thread now". It's a discussion board, last I checked the point was to chat. As far as posts being "defiled" or taken off topic, well yes I agree that is a problem at times but that is the way it always has been and will be.
VERY. WELL. SAID.
Bravo!

- OAS - 11-08-2002

As often as people share Gonzo's sentiment, there are still those that don't get it. But, that's why we all come here. To have fun, to be serious on occassion, or to bitch.

I will try to think of a serious discussion thread to start for you Painter. Don't fret. With a bit of luck, it will get 4 or 5 responses and then Arpi will come along and inform everyone that the thread sucks.

- Luna - 11-08-2002

Quote:Arpi will come along and inform everyone that the thread sucks.
OH BOY!!! That's encouraging!!!!

Quote:no hatred at all
i hate no nobody
someone has to bust yer ballz

He loves me!!!!!

- The Jays - 11-08-2002

... how come wherever I go, it's always during that "The board aint what it used to be " phase.... I must be part of the problem...

Quote:... how come wherever I go, it's always during that "The board aint what it used to be " phase.... I must be part of the problem...

Not at all jays, it is just a couple people. People who come in once in a blue moon who get frustrated cause they can't figure out what is going on and then say "this sucks". Kinda like the people who can't figure out how to put something together and call it a piece of trash.

- The Jays - 11-08-2002

Quote:People who come in once in a blue moon who get frustrated cause they can't figure out what is going on and then say "this sucks".

.. when that happens, I usually just find out whats going on, and then contribute... as best as I can..

- crx girl - 11-08-2002

so, this is going great. 2 serious discussion threads and i'm totally stressed out and depressed now :disappointed:

- virgingrrl - 11-08-2002

stop the drama.hard.

- OAS - 11-08-2002

Trish if you like, I can hijack this thread into a sex thread to cheer you up. :bouncer:

- Hybrid - 11-08-2002

stop the painter. hard.

- onehung - 11-08-2002

stfu

- The Jays - 11-08-2002

what we need is for all donations to be gathered so that Hybrid can drop out of school and just be a full time poster....

- crx girl - 11-08-2002

i'm thinking painter owes me half a bottle of jd