CDIH
What's the appeal of fantasy sports? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SportsCenter (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: What's the appeal of fantasy sports? (/showthread.php?tid=4132)

- ClusterF@#$ - 11-08-2002

I have avoided joining leagues ever since they started getting popular on the net in fear of it would be a complete waste of time and totally arbitrary/assinine. I finally joined a fantasy NBA league just to shut my buddies up.. who promised me I would enjoy it. Time comes around... I picked all my players (stupid). I check their stats every day (completely stupid.) and I rearrange my lineup. (what a fucking waste of time.)

What's the appeal? Who gives a flying fuck? I love basketball... i love the fundamentals of the game itself... nothing gets me more excited (with the exception of a hot blonde with a tiny waist and big cans) than seeing J-Kidd dish to Kenyon for an alley-oop.... seeing Ray Allen drain a three with a hand in his face.... seeing Latrell beat his chest after a breakaway dunk, or watching Iverson crossover, spin, and dodge three defenders for a reverse off-balance layup. When it comes to fantasy sports though... I don't get it. This has been as stupid (if not more so) than I thought it would be.

What am I missing?

- Hybrid - 11-08-2002

yea i think it's pretty boring also.

- Bloody Anus - 11-08-2002

[Image: fantasyfootball.jpg]

:lol:

Wrong cluster f. He's my post whore evil twin.. but he's doing better than me.

- Teenweek - 11-08-2002

fantasy only sucks when you do bad.

No really.. even if i was doing well I would think it sucked. I thought it sucked before i even did it.... it REALLY REALLY sucks. :crackhead:

- Bloody Anus - 11-09-2002

Quote:Wrong cluster f
yes, I know. I was just answering your question.

- ClusterF@#$ - 11-20-2002

I still hate this. my team sucks. I am in last place. I am never doing this again. I resent the fact that I don't care in the first place, but even so, I hate losing even more. Fuckers. I want to challenge everyone in my league to a game of 1 on 1 and light them all up just to show them how assinine this is.

Oh wait.. I can't play basketball. Ok how about a game of NBA live.. I will kick all their asses in that. Arm Wrestling.. i don't know there's this really fat dude in my league and I think he might have an upper hand in leverage.

I hate losing. Anybody who participates in this, and has the nuts to trash talk about it as if they actually have any impact on what's going on other than picking stars and changing lineups are douchebags. Oh wait.. I can't even do that right. ARGHHHHHHHHHHH. Fuck.

This tourettes session has been brought to you by ClusterF@#$ and the Letters F and U.

Edited By ClusterF@#$ on 1037813263

- Keyser Soze - 11-20-2002

makes watching every game on sunday more enjoyable.

why else would i watch a bengals game other than to see if my fantasy opponents defense that week will get its ass kicked?