CDIH
John doe - Anyone watching? - Printable Version

+- CDIH (https://www.cdih.net/cdih)
+-- Forum: General Discussion and Entertainment (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: Entertainment Unlimited (https://www.cdih.net/cdih/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: John doe - Anyone watching? (/showthread.php?tid=4136)

- PeterDragon - 11-08-2002

Friday night and most people who have a life are out.
That is why I stay home and watch TV.

I've started getting into "John Doe" - a new show on fox.

I'm kinda a sucker for this type of show - guy has some unusual powers, doesn't know his background, but helps everyone.

Anyone else watching this one?

- LyricalGomez - 11-08-2002

Been watching since day one, Damn good show, I wonder what people are putting in the water over at Fox, wahtever it is, it's working.

- Lord Magus - 11-08-2002

Yeah.. I'd hate to be one of the researchers for that show though... having to dig up every possible fact on a subject

But this is seriously looking like it's going to stay a great show.. it's got a certain cross between a Holmes-esque and Macguyver-esque feel to it I think. I'm definitely loving it so far.

Whenever I like a show, it inevitably gets cancelled.
Recent shows include Dark Angel (which had 2 yrs), and Now & Again (not to be confused with Once & again).

Quote:it's got a certain cross between a Holmes-esque and Macguyver-esque feel to it I think
Actually the show it reminds me most of is "The Pretender".

I have to disagree on that one.. the point with "Pretender" is that what's his name is so intelligent he can insert himself into any career and pick it up so rapidly that no one would know he wasn't whatever he was pretending to be (at least this was how they explained it when the show FIRST started to run.. with the TBS episodes it's more like he magicly knows the whole ins and outs of the job as soon as he shows up, so maybe they re-structured that)

I guess I'm just disagreeing because I hate the Pretender and don't want a show I like compared to a show I hate.. because I may end up liking the show I don't, or hating the show I like...... so disregard everything I just posted...

Quote:I guess I'm just disagreeing because I hate the Pretender and don't want a show I like compared to a show I hate.. because I may end up liking the show I don't, or hating the show I like...... so disregard everything I just posted...
No sweat. I was thinking just that the pretender he knew everything (not getting into how - that was the whole training..blah blah blah), and then used it to help people, but wanted to find out "who he was - his family, etc. The idea wasn't bad - conspiracy theories, etc, but they really soaped it up - but that is another story.

So far John Doe has had excellent writing. we'll see.

By the way, the last post got me thinking about "Now & Again". It was a GREAT show, but no one (but me) watched. If it ever returns to SCi-Fi Network; I'd highly recommend it.

- PlasticMan - 11-08-2002

...which all goes back to Quantum Leap.

Sci-Fi lost my loyalty when they cancelled Farscape.. the only way they can get it back is if they cancelled the series because they want to take it to movies.

Otherwise they lost their longest viewer (I was watching the satellite feed before they started to air anything lol.. god I'm pathetic)

- The Jays - 11-09-2002

there's tv on Friday night? I thought they stopped after TGIF...